Opinion Only three teams can win the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. He wouldn't be your best, but 5th best? C'mon mate.
I'd take Yeo, Shuey, Gaff & Kelly ahead. Maybe he'd be 4th ahead of Shuey, but Yeo, Gaff & Kelly are Brownlow medal capable players, and Prestia imo isn't.

And for the record, I'm not even saying WC's midfield is better. It's just this dude keeps spouting reasons why WC's is worse than the top 4 contenders by using ridiculous assertions.

I'll admit Prestia is probably an underrated mid, that's understandable given the mids in other teams at the pointy end and in his own.

• Nank, Cotch, Martin, Prestia
  • NN (Vardy) Schuey, Yeo, Kelly
  • Stanley (Blicsavs) Danger, Selwood, Gaj
  • Grundy Pendles, Adams, Treloar
  • Mummy, Cogs, Whitfield, Taranto
There's some serious serious mids there and to suggest he'd be more highly rated at wc mids instead of tig mids is laughable.

Oh joy.

Tenny & bh90210fan going at it...again.

2 trolls, neither capable of a thought that is less than totally biased.

Result: another yawnfest that makes both the majority of Richmond & WCE fans look bad (or should that be worse?).

Both are good teams, that have strengths and weaknesses, and which would win would be determined by a number of factors (form, injury, etc).

LET. IT. GO.
Bit unfair mate. Trolls will say something they know isn’t necessarily true to look for a reaction. I don’t look for reactions. I state what I strongly believe is true with the sole purpose of having healthy discussions about footy. I keep my trolling/banter to the Bay and abide by the BigFooty guidelines at all times.

Sometimes I will write uncomfortable truths on here and people will mistake it for trolling, then they react badly. I guess you could call me the Jordan Peterson of the main board.

Bit unfair mate. Trolls will say something they know isn’t necessarily true to look for a reaction. I don’t look for reactions. I state what I strongly believe is true with the sole purpose of having healthy discussions about footy. I keep my trolling/banter to the Bay and abide by the BigFooty guidelines at all times.

Sometimes I will write uncomfortable truths on here and people will mistake it for trolling, then they react badly. I guess you could call me the Jordan Peterson of the main board.
Sorry, but your ‘uncomfortable truths’ are just a pile of bs. Making them something you know is not necessarily true, ie; your very own definition of a troll

Sorry, but your ‘uncomfortable truths’ are just a pile of bs. Making them something you know is not necessarily true, ie; your very own definition of a troll

Pot Kettle...

I never said all of my posts were uncomfortable truths. I have opinions too, but my opinions are often backed up by statistics and facts or they are commonly shared amongst impartial experts. This is why people follow me around with such hate. They know I profess the truth and the truth doesn’t sit well with most football fans (why would it?).

No one would’ve taken notice of me if I only spouted mindless, unsubstantiated, trolling drivel. Trolls are easy to ignore. No one ignores me.

I never said all of my posts were uncomfortable truths. I have opinions too, but my opinions are often backed up by statistics and facts or they are commonly shared amongst impartial experts. This is why people follow me around with such hate. They know I profess the truth and the truth doesn’t sit well with most football fans (why would it?).

No one would’ve taken notice of me if I only spouted mindless, unsubstantiated, trolling drivel. Trolls are easy to ignore. No one ignores me.

You're convincing no one buddy. May as well close this account down too.

Literally no one has agreed with you this entire thread. Even your fellow supporters say your full of s**t.

Let's prove it right here and now. Prove statistically and with facts why Prestia is better than Gaff, Yeo and Kelly. And then prove statistically and with facts why with 1 game under his belt, Pickett is better than any game Redden has played.

Prove those 2 things. If you cant, guess what dude. You a troll.

Go on.

I'll wait.

Last edited:

You’ve already labeled yourself as a troll mate, let’s leave it at that cheers

You’ve already labeled yourself as a troll mate, let’s leave it at that cheers

To be fair-- you do call all Richmond supporters Trolls ;)

Let's prove it right here and now. Prove statistically and with facts why Prestia is better than Gaff, Yeo and Kelly. And then prove statistically and with facts why with 1 game under his belt, Pickett is better than any game Redden has played.

Prove those 2 things.

Go on.

I'll wait.

I don't agree with Tenny-- but it's pretty easy to use statistics that Marlion Pickett is better than Jack Redden.

In Grand Finals
  • Jack Redden averages 0 goals, 21 disposals & 3 clearances, 0 Norm Smith Votes
  • Marlion Pickett averages 1 goal, 22 disposals, 3 clearances, 4 Norm Smith Votes

I know who I'd prefer ;)

Prestia better than any Eagles mid.

Pickett showed more in 1 game than Redden his entire career.

Uncomfortable truths?

Trolls will troll.
Has Redden ever been close to best on in a Grand Final? Has Redden ever lit up the second best team in the comp with absurd blind turns and amazing technical ability? Has Redden drawn comparisons to ex legends of the game?

Redden is a solid contributor, but he’s a C grade midfielder. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Every side needs them. He just doesn’t have the class, polish and X factor that Pickett does. Not many people do. Jack Riewoldt said Pickett could win the Brownlow next season. I know you don’t want to believe it but if this guy can deliver on the biggest stage of them all in his first game then he’s going to have a lot of fun in the home and away fixture. Also, talking him down because we stole him from under your noses is a bit sad. You’re better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Redden ever been close to best on in a Grand Final? Has Redden ever lit up the second best team in the comp with absurd blind turns and amazing technical ability? Has Redden drawn comparisons to ex legends of the game?

Redden is a solid contributor, but he’s a C grade midfielder. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Every side needs them. He just doesn’t have the class, polish and X factor that Pickett does. Not many people do. Jack Riewoldt said Pickett could win the Brownlow next season. I know you don’t want to believe it but if this guy can deliver on the biggest stage of them all in his first game then he’s going to have a lot of fun in the home and away fixture. Also, talking him down because we stole him from under your noses is a bit sad. You’re better than that.

lol, you are so predictable, Who didn't guess you would quote Reddens 1 gf game with Picketts? so so predictable. Even another richmond supporter made that argument for shits and giggles, and you actually used it as proof. With that logic, Shuey is one of the best players in AFL history.

I notice a glaring omission with the Prestia argument. No surprises there either.

Trolls will troll.

lit up the second best team in the comp with absurd blind turns and amazing technical ability? Has Redden drawn comparisons to ex legends of the game?

finally something we can agree on

lol, you are so predictable. Who didn't guess you would quote Reddens 1 gf game with Picketts? so so predictable. With that logic, Shuey is one of the best players in AFL history.

Luke Shuey's Grand Final matches aren't even the best of the past decade:

Luke Shuey
2015- 26 disposals, 1 goals 1 behind, 6 clearances,
2018- 34 disposals, 1 goals 1 behind, 9 clearances, Norm Smith Medal

Dustin Martin
2017- 29 disposals, 2 goals 2 behinds, 6 clearances, Norm Smith Medal
2019- 22 disposals, 4 goals 0 behinds, 3 clearances, Norm Smith Medal

Only one player won the Norm Smith twice in the past decade ;)

Last edited:
Recent history suggests that neither Richmond or GWS will contest the 2020 grand final, as no team has backed up since 2014
Previously, backing up the following year was a common occurrence.
Trend or anomaly?
When the competition is tight at the top it's really hard for teams to back up, too much has to go right. But when one or two teams have a clear edge in talent, game plan, fitness etc and are just better than everyone they can back up again as long as they have a good preseason and have the right experience and leadership.

Richmond are the type of dynasty level team that can keep backing up. Although it's rare for those runs to last more than 5 years and it's now going in to year 4 and down 1 champion player in Rance, which is somewhat balanced out by adding a champion level guy in Lynch. While the core of Dusty, Riewoldt, Grimes, Vlastuin, Lynch, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Houli stays together and doesn't decline they're in that special window.

GWS also have dynasty level talent, just haven't produced it yet be it from coaching, injuries, inexperience. They remind me a little of Port under Choco or even St Kilda under Grant Thomas where after a few years of looking like the most talented list in the comp by a long way they eventually click.

Luke Shuey

Dustin Martin
2016- 29 disposals, 2 goals 2 behinds, 6 clearances, Norm Smith Medal

guess this one game statistically makes Shuey the greatest player of the last decade. Probably of all time

Luke Shuey

Dustin Martin

As good as Dustin Martin was in those 2 GF's, Luke Shueys is considered a better single performance. (I also said one of the best, not the best).

And even if it isn't, this proves my point anyway. is Shuey as good as Martin? No. But with this logic he is.

A. My last few comments have been a joke to prove that player stats can be used to prove just about anything.

B. You responded with an article from 2018 to prove that Shuey was the best Grand Final performance of the decade. Since when did the decade end in 2018? You West Coast Whingers are about as accurate with your information as a Daily Mail headline. :rolleyes:

lol, you are so predictable. Who didn't guess you would quote Reddens 1 gf game with Picketts? so so predictable. With that logic, Shuey is one of the best players in AFL history.

I notice a glaring omission with the Prestia argument. No surprises there either.

Trolls will troll.
Hang on. You edited your post which is why I missed the Prestia part.

I said I use statistics and facts to support my opinions AND I also source impartial expert opinions to back up my claims (e.g. Matthews saying Rance is the greatest defender in the modern era aligns with my sentiment).

My original claim is that I said Prestia is better than any other WCE midfielder and I used the chief footy writer of the HS who gets paid to live and breathe football as my impartial expert to support this claim (see: Mark Robinson’s top fifty of 2019). Furthermore, it’s a fact that Prestia won the B&F at Richmond, ahead of Martin (who you guys claim is our only good midfielder), so perhaps you’re underselling him a bit. Richmond Football Club and Mark Robinson value Prestia extremely highly, more so than Robinson valued any WCE mid. Yeo won the B&F at WCE but Prestia had more competition in a vastly superior premiership winning team.

Luke Shuey

Dustin Martin

Dusty - 2017 & 2019 (not 2016 & 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back