Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a designated page for us.
A lot going on at Essendon lately.
Seems like the perfect time to start one for everyone else.

Last edited:
Every time I read too much of the Grundy trade thread I feel the need to head over the the Essendon page to make me feel better:

• Sheedy trying to get Hird back
  • B&F:
1. Peter Wright - 242 votes hahahaha
2. Zach Merrett - 230
3. Matt Guelfi - 211 Really!
4. Mason Redman - 209
5. Jordan Ridley - 191
6. Jayden Laverde - 180
7. Jake Kelly - 179 Dropped and still came 7th
8. Nic Martin - 164
=9. Darcy Parish - 155
=9. Dylan Shiel - 155
=9. Nick Hind - 155 Dropped and still came 9th
12. Andrew McGrath - 141
- New CEO
qwydy38d9jr91-jpg.1525741
my1hj48d9jr91-jpg.1525742

• Cult favourite Tippa retires and now wants to play for another club
  • Slobbo is one of their fans.

Every time I read too much of the Grundy trade thread I feel the need to head over the the Essendon page to make me feel better:

• Sheedy trying to get Hird back
  • B&F:
1. Peter Wright - 242 votes hahahaha
2. Zach Merrett - 230
3. Matt Guelfi - 211 Really!
4. Mason Redman - 209
5. Jordan Ridley - 191
6. Jayden Laverde - 180
7. Jake Kelly - 179 Dropped and still came 7th
8. Nic Martin - 164
=9. Darcy Parish - 155
=9. Dylan Shiel - 155
=9. Nick Hind - 155 Dropped and still came 9th
12. Andrew McGrath - 141
- New CEO
qwydy38d9jr91-jpg.1525741
my1hj48d9jr91-jpg.1525742

• Cult favourite Tippa retires and now wants to play for another club
  • Slobbo is one of their fans.

Basket case club.

Logue to North deal effectively done for North’s 2 2023 assistance picks given by afl recently
The future second likely to go to Melbourne as part of Jackson deal and then traded for Grundy

The Essendon stuff is just so damn entertaining. What a laughing stock!

It's like they crossed Phyllis Diller with Krusty the Clown. Total shitshow.

Surely Scott Morrison has the free time to take over..........oh wait

Apparently also missed a chance to snare Harmes from Dees coz Scott wasn’t able to attend meeting last weekend.

Josh Mahoney took the meeting instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird for CEO

Essendon is the gift that keeps on giving. Ineptitude followed by bungling with a large dose of arrogance and something called ‘Sheedy’. Keep it up Bombers.👍

P.S. Sadly I think they now have a proper coach.

I can't believe a person had to resign just because of his religious beliefs. This world is getting more ridiculous by the day
It wasn't because of his religious beliefs. He couldn't stay on the Board of the church and be ceo of Essendon because of the publication of the pastors beliefs that abortion is similar to concentration camps and homosexuality is a sin.

It wasn't because of his religious beliefs. He couldn't stay on the Board of the church and be ceo of Essendon because of the publication of the pastors beliefs that abortion is similar to concentration camps and homosexuality is a sin.
So what, they're his beliefs. No one has to adhere to them

So what, they're his beliefs. No one has to adhere to them
He probably knew it would’ve been a massive, (ongoing) distraction for the Club.
Coupled with the potential to alienate sponsors and supporters alike he made the call.
Saved himself and his Club, (team) from a fair bit of heartache.
Made the right call imo.

I have no doubt he made the right call but it shouldn't have ever got to that stage. There are Christians as CEO's and on boards all over the country. Gotta love the Afl, blessed are the AFL
It's a completely untenable position. Essendon has a heap of LGBTI+ employees (as do all the clubs now with, especially with their AFLW teams), as well as fans. His position as chair of this happy clappy church was going to make those employees feel unsafe. It already saw queer fans hand in their membership publicly.

Don't get it twisted - he chose to remain aligned with his bigoted institution over Essendon. Society has no obligation to tolerate intolerance.

There are Muslim members on boards who have the same beliefs, how come they don't have to resign
I literally had a response typed to this post and then thought better of it, thought I’d wait.

I have no doubt he made the right call but it shouldn't have ever got to that stage. There are Christians as CEO's and on boards all over the country. Gotta love the Afl, blessed are the AFL
Here it is….

No offence intended here I just want use your post to illustrate a point.
Asking us to answer on behalf of someone else and linking in a different set of beliefs as a comparison.
The thread will end up discussing Muslims and then other religions and be completely off topic.
That said, it really is his choice.
The reasoning behind it is more relevant than trying to find comparisons and reasons for him to stay.
Edit: On that basis, to prevent further quoting (derailing) I will delete your posts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back