Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely with Carlton losing we get 4 points added to our tally?
I Like It Reaction GIF by CBC

Anyone curious about curnow and frees. Here’s a table which shows how ridiculous it is.

have a look where Curnow is, then have a looo at the other players on the list…. All rucks and midfielders… Curnow sits at 11. The next key forward? Allen at 33… who rucks on occasion

Anyone curious about curnow and frees. Here’s a table which shows how ridiculous it is.

have a look where Curnow is, then have a looo at the other players on the list…. All rucks and midfielders… Curnow sits at 11. The next key forward? Allen at 33… who rucks on occasion

It's infuriating how soft so many of them are when I watch Checkers and Cox being mauled every week.

Another one for NMBB, this time from Fox:

"Reports have stated the out-of-contract Ugle-Hagan is closing in on a two-year deal, however rival sides have been circling the prodigal 22-year old with lucrative offers."

I presume they mean "prodigy".

"Reports have stated the out-of-contract Ugle-Hagan is closing in on a two-year deal, however rival sides have been circling the prodigal 22-year old with lucrative offers."

Maybe JUH is a big spender?

Well it's Fox so who knows - maybe they meant prodigious?

Well it's Fox so who knows - maybe they meant prodigious?
Well, prodigious has a different meaning, even though it's from the same root.
So a sensible wording would be "rival sides have been circling the 22-year old prodigy with lucrative offers."

That could be what they meant, but, as you say, it's Fox, so who knows.

Well, prodigious has a different meaning, even though it's from the same root.
So a sensible wording would be "rival sides have been circling the 22-year old prodigy with lucrative offers."

That could be what they meant, but, as you say, it's Fox, so who knows.
You don't actually expect journalists to be master linguists these days, do you?
Clickbait generators, nothing more. Paraphrasing Denzel Washington 'You gotta be first, you don't even care about being right, just gotta be first'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t watched any Weagles games but is Harley Reid all he’s cracked up to be? Saw that still of a ‘Dusty’ on Dusty which would go straight to the pool room 😂
I only watched a little bit yesterday.
I reckon Eagles supporters are seeing Kerr & Judd rolled into one.

Interesting that Mason Cox and Josh Daicos so far in 2024 have the same no of frees for as Curnow - 8 from 5 games. EDIT = unsurprising that big Mason is 2nd on the frees against list with 16 :think:

Haven’t watched any Weagles games but is Harley Reid all he’s cracked up to be? Saw that still of a ‘Dusty’ on Dusty which would go straight to the pool room 😂
Essentially as advertised. Incredibly powerful (especially for an 18 year-old), booming kick, and can play several positions. Once he starts to accumulate the footy he will be an AA lock I reckon

Essentially as advertised. Incredibly powerful (especially for an 18 year-old), booming kick, and can play several positions. Once he starts to accumulate the footy he will be an AA lock I reckon
Thanks mate I’ll have to watch him, bloody hard to watch Weagles games though.
Pies should capitalise on the little known fact his name is actually Harley Reid-Daicos and get him to return to the fold.

Where was the fight from Hawthorn this week against GC Suns. You know the fight they showed against the pies.
As I say everytime teams play their grand final against the pies.
5 goals until 3/4 time yet one of thier players kicked a record 4 goals against us. Amazing.

Where was the fight from Hawthorn this week against GC Suns. You know the fight they showed against the pies.
As I say everytime teams play their grand final against the pies.
5 goals until 3/4 time yet one of thier players kicked a record 4 goals against us. Amazing.
Did that Hardwick guy even play this week for Hawks? Never heard him mentioned once. Yet he bloody starred against us. Likely to never be heard of again.

Did that Hardwick guy even play this week for Hawks? Never heard him mentioned once. Yet he bloody starred against us. Likely to never be heard of again.
We allowed him to sit by himself and behind all defensive structures. Hawthorn beefed up numbers around the ball and sacrificed being one man down everywhere else and it worked. I hate to say it but it was a coaching blunder but only because Fly backed his game plan in,l it was our players in the second half that didn't execute game plan properly and turned it over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back