Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There's also a load of bullshit right at the beginning
What?
This bit?

You know the ones which are illegal, are sold by street level criminals, who source them from organised crime gangs or bikies prepared to endanger public safety by ordering a house be shot up or someone executed on a city street?

These mid level dealers ultimately get product like cocaine from the Cartels who will happily murder by burning people alive or dismemberment.

Stop putting money in the hands of criminals however and stop pretending you aren't hurting anyone but yourself.

Because I can tell you first hand it’s true.

Drugs ruin lives of more than just the users.

Enough.
Let’s talk about the footy.
How good is it that we’re back on the winners list.

How about the players stop using drugs?

You know the ones which are illegal, are sold by street level criminals, who source them from organised crime gangs or bikies prepared to endanger public safety by ordering a house be shot up or someone executed on a city street?

These mid level dealers ultimately get product like cocaine from the Cartels who will happily murder by burning people alive or dismemberment.

I find it interesting the disparity in public acceptance of celebrities or people in general who continually support criminal activity by drug use in comparison to a footballer or celebrity being instantly cancelled if they're merely accused of a crime with a sexual element.

I'd strongly argue that drug use and the drug trade harms more women and children directly or indirectly across the globe in regards to poverty, violence and sexual assault than all the offenders wishing to fulfill some deviant sexual desire.

Any yet one is almost celebrated like it doesn't have consequences for people outside the individual getting high, that unlike rape it's always victimless.

This weekend I wonder how many middle class Australians paying a premium for their bag of cocaine, stops to think how that purchase directly and negatively impacts families living half way around the world, who can't escape the fear of having to live alongside cartels or the corrupt police or politicians who invariably follow.

God knows they cause societal problems themselves but drink a legal drug in alcohol or hell smoke an illegal joint with more benefits than a legal cigarette if you must.

Stop putting money in the hands of criminals however and stop pretending you aren't hurting anyone but yourself.
Alcohol causes more damage to families and society as a whole than drugs. They are all drugs of some sort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm old and out of touch, but why would you have photos taken and then posted if you were likely to face scrutiny by family and friends, employers and in the case of one player, your partner, who then walks out on you? Unfathomable.
What photos?

He comes across as one of the nicest people you would hope to meet and has something many of his media cohorts lack, charisma
I love watching him on the TV.
Not only because he was a player that I admired and got exited everytime he got the ball. You knew there was a bit of elite skill about to unfold before your very eyes.
But his insights to how football clubs are run, and his candour about how as an indigenous man he has to face racism every single day, just makes me want to step up and call out this behaviour whenever I see it in life and online.
He’s also got a wicked sense of humour.
Eddie is a man who we should all get behind and help in his fight for equality.

caroline wilson must be particularly proud of her efforts to feast on the story about the brisbane players after sam edmunds came up with the original story. she can put his head to the pillow tonight knowing that she might have assisted in splitting families. What good work these sports writers do for society....give yourselves a pat on the head, caroline and sam.

caroline wilson must be particularly proud of her efforts to feast on the story about the brisbane players after sam edmunds came up with the original story. she can put his head to the pillow tonight knowing that she might have assisted in splitting families. What good work these sports writers do for society....give yourselves a pat on the head, caroline and sam.

I think it would the players who cheated that split the family, not the journalists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back