Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Soft homesick crybabies are awesome!

Have you not seen the amazing things they can do on a footy field?

At this year’s draft camp they’ll take phones off the players, and time how long it takes them to burst into inconsolable tears.
Clubs need the boarding school approach. No exeats until the mid-term break. Wean them off their families.

A few nice types in WA should assist in the re-education process.

The public are itching for a single objective test which will diagnose concussion and show the degree of damage or impairment present. No such test exists yet, and any media reporting to the contrary is a misleading oversimplification. A whole range of tests are conducted, and each put in their proper context before any decision is made. Hence the need for a panel to weigh up the relative merit of each test/indicator, and the impact of different symptoms on the athlete’s ability to perform not just their on-field role, but live a normal life beyond football.
I agree.
It's tragic that sporting careers are cut short but for the individual it's more tragic if their life is affected long term.

In Australia we live in a wealthy society in an era where "everyone pays for your decisions" one way or the other and society generally accepts financial responsibility for everyone's trials and tribulations. I don't begrudge the NDIS, social security or the aged care system. Again we are a very wealthy society, despite what the (kVNTS) campaigners (demdeadcampaignerslibscampaignerswhat ripyoucampaignersoffcampaignerscriminalwhoshouldbedeadcampaigners) in the Liberal party will tell you.

There is an inordinate amount of money involved in sport.

There is also an inordinate amount of gambling surrounding it.
I personally detest the gambling industry and believe that the AFL should totally divest itself of any involvement with gambling.

However.... if the AFL is to align itself with the gambling industry it should impose a "tax" on it.
A license fee which is set aside to compensate players effected by any career ending injury including concussion.
I am aware that he AFL has a schemes in place to look after players however I cant see why a parasitic industry like the gambling industry which does nothing but profit on the deeds and abilities of others it has absolutely nothing to do with should not at least pay its way as well.

Whining about being a Premiership player …

… gee, he’s come along way from being pick 13 in the rookie draft barely three and a half years ago.

Stay humble Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are all painfully aware of how long Ginnivan can tolerate feeling invisible…
I'm looking forward to more Hawks posters coming over here and telling us all about how mature and wise he is these days

Whining about being a Premiership player …

… gee, he’s come along way from being pick 13 in the rookie draft barely three and a half years ago.

Stay humble Jack.

“As a small forward in a system which just won the flag, I was expected to pressure and tackle when I didn’t have the ball. Here with this team who just finished 16th, I am freer to just do what I please and it suits me a whole lot better.”

I'm looking forward to more Hawks posters coming over here and telling us all about how mature and wise he is these days

“Now he wears our jumper, I can see a complete transformation in his game, and now feel painfully sorry for him when he is overlooked for free kicks. At Collingwood he was obviously staging for them. Now he fights against the infidel, and has become a champion for justice and the dignity of the downtrodden.” etc. etc.

I can imagine Harley talking with a mouthful of food.
"Yeah mate, I'm staying I tell ya'"
"get me another losogna waiter"

Nic Nat "relax bro, you can have anything you want"

110k well spent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back