Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

If teams in the top four keep losing how is that a bad thing?

I never said it was?

I’m just saying that specifically this round, that draw hurts in hindsight

Because if we beat West Coast, we’d only be 1 game outside Top 2

I never said it was?

I’m just saying that specifically this round, that draw hurts in hindsight

Because if we beat West Coast, we’d only be 1 game outside Top 2

Ladder position in May is irrelevant. Much better for us to be in a position where top four sides lose and the ladder compresses, even if that temporarily stalls our climb up the ladder. It’s already a given we are starting from 0-3.

Ladder position in May is irrelevant. Much better for us to be in a position where top four sides lose and the ladder compresses, even if that temporarily stalls our climb up the ladder. It’s already a given we are starting from 0-3.
Particularly irrelevant in the current competition, which is so equalised that any team can win against any other on the day (would not even suggest that North Melbourne can't win a game).
With both Geelong and Melbourne losing, the top 8 is rapidly compressing, at the rate of a black hole implosion.
We have every chance for a top 4 finish.

Re-watching our game vs Port Adelaide and it’s pretty similar except we managed our Q2 a lot better. They start hot and try to capitalize. But if you apply the pressure they wilt. We did, Cats didn’t.
Port’s midfield at full strength when we played them too. Geelong look suspect in there and their forwards can’t match ours for pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not commenting on this incident in particular, but in general term’s what can they do if a player is clearly dazed but refuses to come off?
I was wondering too. The AFL would need to address it, wouldn't they? Because if they are concussed & not thinking clearly, they probably wouldn't willingly choose to go off.

Security 😆

not commenting on this incident in particular, but in general term’s what can they do if a player is clearly dazed but refuses to come off?
Tough one. Not sure of the rules around it but in rugby league they come straight off. Will check it out. Maybe the doctor informs the referee which you think would be easier in our game with four field umpires as opposed to one in league. We stop the the game for the blood rule so maybe they have to do something similar.

Last edited:
Tough one. Not sure of the rules around it but in rugby league they come straight off. Will check it out. Maybe the doctor informs the referee which you think would be easier in our game with four field umpires as opposed to one in league. We stop the the game for the blood rule so maybe they have to do something similar.

Agree. Surely there’s two things at play here. Some possible suggestions.

1 a player refusing medical attention on field must be against the rules if it’s not already.
2 club doctors perhaps need to have the right to stop the game, perhaps by informing the interchange officials who can then pull the whistle out and call to the umpires.

Geelong get looked after at GBHM FU stadium. I thought the umpires were best on ground in the second half.

Basically a tale of two halves with the umps

Port were getting everything at the start.

Then Geelong got it all in the second half.

Funny how Port shot out to a massive lead, then Geelong reeled them in.

"uMpIrEs DoN't InFlUeNcE gAmEs!"

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back