Analysis Our Defence - quiet improvers

Remove this Banner Ad

Familiarity breeds defense.

A good chunk of them are south aussies too and with Talia locked away long term hopefully we can keep them together deep into their late twenties. We'll be a juggernaut if we can.

They will come for Lever.
Call me naive, but there's something different about this young man. A quiet determination to show all those clubs that overlooked him what they missed out on. He has the same grit and determination as Sloane and Tex. And I reckon provided we as a club look after him, he will repay us with his loyalty. He doesn't strike me as an "it's all about me" type, unlike some others who have moved on...

Call me naive, but there's something different about this young man. A quiet determination to show all those clubs that overlooked him what they missed out on. He has the same grit and determination as Sloane and Tex. And I reckon provided we as a club look after him, he will repay us with his loyalty. He doesn't strike me as an "it's all about me" type, unlike some others who have moved on...
I agree... personally, I think Lever is the jewel in the crown in our back six. There is something really special about this kid. Like, Ben Hart level special.

Someone please quote this post back to me in 3 years time and tell me I was wrong. I'd be surprised...

Tell you what, in six-eight years time when they all retire at the same time we're going have a hello of a task to fill those spots!

Until then though, it looks very nice :)
We said the same thing when we had Bassett, Rutten, Bock, Johncock, Hart and Torney but we did a pretty good job since ;)

We said the same thing when we had Bassett, Rutten, Bock, Johncock, Hart and Torney but we did a pretty good job since ;)

Only took close to a decade, but we got there ;)

I think improvers is a good word... Not to be the negative guy but remember it wasn't very long ago we were lamenting our inability to stop small forwards, blaming Cheney, Brown and even Laird...

Hope we keep getting better because we need to.

Seems as though Doedee will be gunning for Cheney's spot, although Fetta has been great over the last couple of months.

No one has mentioned Smith yet Brodie isn't quite playing on a wing or in the midfield :huh:

Tell you what, in six-eight years time when they all retire at the same time we're going have a hello of a task to fill those spots!

Until then though, it looks very nice :)
Very true. But hell, for the next 6-8 years its going to be one hell of a ride. X-factor, genuine aggression/toughness, skill, a decent coach (apologies to Phil) and finally, loyalty. I haven't been this excited since about 2009 and pre the start of the exodus.

Seems as though Doedee will be gunning for Cheney's spot, although Fetta has been great over the last couple of months.

No one has mentioned Smith yet Brodie isn't quite playing on a wing or in the midfield :huh:
Smith actually played a significant part of the last game on a wing... But your point remains as for the year he has been 90%+ defence.

Also, whilst ok, he hasn't yet hit top form. Watch out when he does!

What a pick-up Lever has been!
So glad his knee injury kept him under the radar somewhat; and paid dividends for him coming to the best :cool:club.
Apart from his play reading and courage, I love his handball <creative out of deepus shitus> at times this yearo_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an opposition supporter who enjoys watching the Crows play, no doubt the catalyst to Adelaide's rapid rise this year has come from the defense which has improved a lot compared to last season.

Adelaide have plenty of good small-medium defenders, who are also excellent rebounders like Brown, Laird and Smith who can all run and carry across half back and threw the middle of the ground which then sets up that transition coast to coast footy in which Adelaide are one of the best teams in the league in doing when it's clicking.

I agree... personally, I think Lever is the jewel in the crown in our back six. There is something really special about this kid. Like, Ben Hart level special.

Someone please quote this post back to me in 3 years time and tell me I was wrong. I'd be surprised...
With possibly his worst game for the Crows on the weekend, I think we might have put the mozz on him. I wonder if young Jake was lurking this thread last week & got a bit ahead of himself ... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back