brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
Does anyone else find that there are many people in the industry who we see/hear from way too much?

It doesn't matter if I put the television on, radio or read AFL content online but you're always hearing from the same people. It gets boring, they repeat themselves and often have their own agendas.

Right now David King, Bob Murphy and Nick Riewoldt are three in particular who seem to be 'everywhere'. I also find David King hard to take seriously after his 'off season' misdemeanour last year. Give us a break preaching.

I've actually just started to listen to some podcasts after last weekend's game and definitely find it refreshing hearing from some different people.

Which AFL identities do you feel are overly exposed at the moment and where do you get your AFL content from? Does anyone have any recommended footy related media outlet? I even put on the Marngrook Footy Show last night.

Does anyone else find that there are many people in the industry who we see/hear from way too much?

It doesn't matter if I put the television on, radio or read AFL content online but you're always hearing from the same people. It gets boring, they repeat themselves and often have their own agendas.

Right now David King, Bob Murphy and Nick Riewoldt are three in particular who seem to be 'everywhere'. I also find David King hard to take seriously after his 'off season' misdemeanour last year. Give us a break preaching.

I've actually just started to listen to some podcasts after last weekend's game and definitely find it refreshing hearing from some different people.

Which AFL identities do you feel are overly exposed at the moment and where do you get your AFL content from? Does anyone have any recommended footy related media outlet? I even put on the Marngrook Footy Show last night.
Marngrook is good show I watch regularily. AFL360 I watch. That's about it exceot maybe a laugh at the front bar.

Most if my Footy background information comes from Phil Davis's weekly podcast though, the Footy Phil. Yes I'm biased and unashamedly so. It's a retreat from Vic commentators constantly saying nonsense about us that plays well to a Vic audience.

David King for sure- mainly because he is held up as more expert than all the other experts and I am still not sure why

Basically seems now if you play 150 games or more you get a media gig if you want it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is money to be made being an “expert”

Gary Lyon ...wife cheater, slow full forward, never won a flag, never coached and yet he’s an expert

Yet he’s the big hitter

And these muppets like John ralph and Tom Morris, they make out that they are some superstar

I’m actually finding the media saturation over the top

I’m watching one footy show this year only the front bar for laughs ..no tipping, no SuperCoach no fox footy shows. Over that constant dissection.

If you win your lauded if you lose your club should sack the coach .....every weekend someone has to lose. Yeah nah ...true dat

They want you to eat s**t ...breath footy ...but to be honest it’s over the top and the so called experts are only experts because they can’t play anymore

Mike Sheehan what a flog ..and a face I want to head butt lol 😆...I’m not a violent person lol but listening to him talk at the player is stupid ...ask the question then shut the hell up

I still remember Gawns dickish comment on AFL 360 about private school boys being better than public school boys.
How was it dickish? I've heard him speak in the past about public school boys like himself finding it harder to adjust to AFL in general, as the kids from private schools are used to a more professional environment.

There is money to be made being an “expert”

Gary Lyon ...wife cheater, slow full forward, never won a flag, never coached and yet he’s an expert

Yet he’s the big hitter

And these muppets like John ralph and Tom Morris, they make out that they are some superstar

I’m actually finding the media saturation over the top

I’m watching one footy show this year only the front bar for laughs ..no tipping, no SuperCoach no fox footy shows. Over that constant dissection.

If you win your lauded if you lose your club should sack the coach .....every weekend someone has to lose. Yeah nah ...true dat

They want you to eat s**t ...breath footy ...but to be honest it’s over the top and the so called experts are only experts because they can’t play anymore

Mike Sheehan what a flog ..and a face I want to head butt lol 😆...I’m not a violent person lol but listening to him talk at the player is stupid ...ask the question then shut the hell up

Not a Lyon fan myself but drawing a long bow questioning his credentials.

Marngrook is good show I watch regularily. AFL360 I watch. That's about it exceot maybe a laugh at the front bar.

Most if my Footy background information comes from Phil Davis's weekly podcast though, the Footy Phil. Yes I'm biased and unashamedly so. It's a retreat from Vic commentators constantly saying nonsense about us that plays well to a Vic audience.

Astounding how Vic centric Fox Footy is. 3 x episodes of AFL360 and 1 x Episode of On The Couch without a single mention of the WA Derby from the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I watch it because I love footy but I have to go to podcasts like The Duff & Quarters podcast for some Freo chat. They do a pretty good and balanced job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back