Brownlow Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t split Lions supporters and Freo fans for post Brownlow melts.

I hope when Cripps wins his next Brownlow opposition supporters can act with some humility.
Yeah those Freo supporters really ripped in didn't they?

Cripps is an outstanding player to watch when he goes into full beast mode. Having him as a Brownlow medalist is fine.

I get the angst re his suspension, but you can't blame the player for the AFL's incompetence.

Well done Cripps irrespective of how it happened.
Could of thrown a blanket over the top 5 this year.
Oliver Cripps Neale brayshaw miller.

oh...well, it was the tone of how they said it.

He had 5 as he ran around with a broken back.
That was a beastly effort by those two boys...no doubt one of them would have got the medal if the other didn't play (or played for another team).
I think the broken back is a massive exaggeration. I say this because there were many times this year where Cripps looked slow and sluggish, like his old self. Despite him apparently being fine. For about a 8-9 week period he was pretty damn average.

He is a champion for sure, and deserves to be rewarded for that. He should also have been suspended, thus not allowing him to get the Brownlow. Thats it, basically. Nothing against him personally, I would prefer he win it over Lachie Neale again, but he should have been suspended.

This exactly

I think the broken back is a massive exaggeration. I say this because there were many times this year where Cripps looked slow and sluggish, like his old self. Despite him apparently being fine. For about a 8-9 week period he was pretty damn average.

You mean the 8-9 week period where he played in the ruck for 25% of the game?

You mean the 8-9 week period where he played in the ruck for 25% of the game?
You kidding? He played for a few weeks in the ruck, and nowhere near 25% of the game. He averaged 2 hitouts over a 4 week period. lol. '25% ruck time', please. And then he moved out of 'the ruck' and was terrible for another 6 weeks which dispelled the ruck myth and Carlton fans had nothing to fall back on. And to be honest half of them admitted that he was playing very poorly. He was poor from rounds 11-18 with maybe 1 semi decent game in that period. Nice try though.

You know I’m exaggerating but it was clear as day last year that it was hindering him. The year before he struggled with injury also.
He laboured a bit this year and he did have that hamstring issue but as he does, he pushed through it.
His ‘performance’ only really started to lack this year when he was rucking through games…wasnt his same self that’s for sure.

You kidding? He played for a few weeks in the ruck, and nowhere near 25% of the game. He averaged 2 hitouts over a 4 week period. lol. '25% ruck time', please. And then he moved out of 'the ruck' and was terrible for another 6 weeks which dispelled the ruck myth and Carlton fans had nothing to fall back on. And to be honest half of them admitted that he was playing very poorly. He was poor from rounds 11-18 with maybe 1 semi decent game in that period. Nice try though.
The ruck situation was an issue…as well as our best tap ruckmen in Pittonet being out.

As big as an exaggeration as you suggesting you don't care about the Brownlow or the result?

Yet another thread on a topic that you don't care about...that you are comfortably the most prolific in.

Deluded and in denial.

How many hit outs did you expect from a 195cm inside midfielder?

hilarious. something tells me you've never played any form of competitive sport. There's no need to go into bat for May. He's the best defender in the AFL by a long way. Back to back All-Australians. Speaks for itself. Cripps was lucky that he was even in the AA team, even luckier than he wasn't on the AA interchange.
Dan, you spend 99% of your life on here. I have no doubt you don’t have any involvement in ‘competitive sport’

Unless you’re now bedridden there’s no chance you’ve reached any great sporting heights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t pop onto the Freo board after Cripps’ win?
I haven't commented at all in this thread but I can say that Freo fans in general feel like we've been on receiving end of some of the worst examples of the AFL's hypocrisy and double standards at times.
Judd giving Pav 5 stitches and still winning a Charlie.
Fyfe made ineligible for something that players got off without penalty later in the year.
This year Switkowski gets 2 for a chicken wing, Ginnivan gets nothing.
It goes on & on.

I know every team has examples of this but we feel like we get more than our fair share.
I don't have a problem with acknowledging Cripps as the best player this year. But there is no way he should have been eligible.
Its as big a nonsense as when they let Barry Hall play in the GF, or Cotchin. They just make whatever s**t up suits the narrative.

How have Richmond people managed to convince themselves that the goal review was a "howler".

It was a point, it's not even really debatable. Your coach went off his tree because he didn't like that it was reviewed, not really that they got it wrong.
‘The ball clearly travelled over the top of the post’

I’ll let you work out what is wrong with that sentence !

I haven't commented at all in this thread but I can say that Freo fans in general feel like we've been on receiving end of some of the worst examples of the AFL's hypocrisy and double standards at times.
Judd giving Pav 5 stitches and still winning a Charlie.
Fyfe made ineligible for something that players got off without penalty later in the year.
This year Switkowski gets 2 for a chicken wing, Ginnivan gets nothing.
It goes on & on.

I know every team has examples of this but we feel like we get more than our fair share.
I don't have a problem with acknowledging Cripps as the best player this year. But there is no way he should have been eligible.
Its as big a nonsense as when they let Barry Hall play in the GF, or Cotchin. They just make whatever s**t up suits the narrative.
To clarify, it was a collision with Astbury 5 mins later that concussed Shiela.

To clarify, it was a collision with Astbury 5 mins later that concussed Shiela.
Sure but no one could objectively look at that incident and with the precedents at the tribunal that year say he shouldn't have been suspended.
Nothing against Cotchin but you just knew from the moment it happened that the AFL would manufacture the outcome as they wanted Cotchin in the GF. Its just business I get it, but to pretend these things are all fair & above board is nonsense.

When Fyfe was rubbed out and was leading the Brownlow he played a blinder in Rd 22 or whatever it was and on the night got 0 votes which conveniently meant he didn't win. Its just tiresomely predictable how often the AFL manipulates this stuff.

God even Gill has said the Cripps defence was ridiculous. Good for Cripps, I don't care he won, he had a great year & deserved it on his performances but he shouldn't have been eligible if all things genuinely were equal.

Sure but no one could objectively look at that incident and with the precedents at the tribunal that year say he shouldn't have been suspended.
Nothing against Cotchin but you just knew from the moment it happened that the AFL would manufacture the outcome as they wanted Cotchin in the GF. Its just business I get it, but to pretend these things are all fair & above board is nonsense.

When Fyfe was rubbed out and was leading the Brownlow he played a blinder in Rd 22 or whatever it was and on the night got 0 votes which conveniently meant he didn't win. Its just tiresomely predictable how often the AFL manipulates this stuff.

God even Gill has said the Cripps defence was ridiculous. Good for Cripps, I don't care he won, he had a great year & deserved it on his performances but he shouldn't have been eligible if all things genuinely were equal.
For sure the AFL massaged the outcome re Cotchin (and reverse massaged it with Cripps winning - that was purely down to their own tribunal incompetence). The old 3 fine rule = 1 week suspension was pure s**t though, forgot what Cotchin originally had 2 fines for leading into the PF but they weren't for much. I'd say a far greater case of corruption was Barry Hall being able to play the 2005 GF (I think) after belting someone and conveniently getting a suspension that was one week short just in case Sydney made it.

If it was as stage managed as you claim, wouldn’t of Cripps not got 3 votes in r23?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back