Brownlow 2022 Brownlow Medal Discussion - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who will be the 2022 Brownlow Medalist?

• Touk Miller

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Andrew Brayshaw

Votes: 38 19.4%
  • Clayton Oliver

Votes: 36 18.4%
  • Patrick Cripps

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Christian Petracca

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Cameron

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm not necessarily arguing the result, just interesting, often in those even games Umps try give either the 2 or the 1 to the winning team.

Yeah the St Kilda game was weird, thought they might have given Mills the 1, but Hanners was BOG and didn't have a problem with the other two. We'll claim Hanners anyway lol

To the people melting. Don't you realise this makes it even more enjoyable? I take no pleasure in someone winning an individual award. But * me, the sustenance I am receiving from your rants and tears fuels me.

Imaging being so outraged over something
I’m more upset Karl ******* Amon cost my 10 leg multi by topping ports count.
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Cripps wasn't even in the top 3 players in the game against the Crows, let alone best on ground.

Smith, Keays, Tex, Fogarty, all more influential and all played better in their respective roles and had bigger impact on the result. Smith clear BOG.

Cripps had high possessions - and apparently that is all you need these days to get votes.

Funniest part is their leading vote winner was their key forward who has retired. And they say it's a midfielders award yet only 4 of their 15 votes came from their midfielders haha
We’re just that good 😎
Just a coupla good midfielders and we’re back baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win from Cripps.

So the Blues have the best player in the league, another midfielder who jagged 31 votes last year and would would have been the outright winner this season, 2021 Coleman medalist, 2022 Coleman medalist, and another All-Australian and the best half back flanker in the comp.

Is equalisation really working when the Bluebaggers end up with all the best players anyway?

Yes as half the side is s**t.

Cripps wasn't even in the top 3 players in the game against the Crows, let alone best on ground.

Smith, Keays, Tex, Fogarty, all more influential and all played better in their respective roles and had bigger impact on the result. Smith clear BOG.

Cripps had high possessions - and apparently that is all you need these days to get votes.

Except the times when he didn’t get votes in high possession games, otherwise your point is valid.

I think you're thinking of Rory Laird. A great possession getter, must have fantasy prospect, but I'm yet to see him do anything of note with the ball. The greats like Cripps do a bit more then that. They burst through stoppages, they bring their teammates into the game, hit the score board. I would have given Cripps 4 votes for that game if there was an option.

Wasn't even a free kick 😁
I was furious with Cripps at time with ball on the ground still alive, do not remonstrate with Lions players in some stupid push and shove. Just get the friggin ball on the ground and move on. Why stupidly involve yourself in pointless push and shove when the ball on ground to still gather? It infuriates me. Similarly Dogs players lost plot in Perth in their last match with Beveridge screaming at some of his players to continue on with the live play and Dockers got a goal out of it.
It's reasons like this that teams like us and Dogs are watching on and Swans and Cats preparing for a grand final.

I reckon it shouldn’t matter if your suspended if your out because of suspension you can’t get votes that’s enough punishment if you still win hey you deserve it.
Bullshit, the thugs do not deserve an award with fairest in title. Clean players like Cripps that play hard but fair is what we want in our sport winning such awards. It just a shame it has become a midfielders award only so quality players out of midfield no longer can win it.

Last edited:
Bullshit, the thugs do not deserve and award with fairest in title. Clean players like Cripps that play hard but fair is what we want in our sport winning such awards. It just a shame it has become a midfielders award only so quality players out of midfield no longer can win it.
Please name me one thug that is playing today if you can. The game today is nothing like the old days players get suspended for anything in today’s game. Your Brownlow winning captain got suspended somehow got off is he a thug?

I recon Cripps wins. That is the only reason I can imagine he got off as he was 2-3 votes in front at the time and the AFL were worried.
Prophetic.

The afl is just more and more turning into a heap of corrupt s**t.

Ruining the game.

Back