Brownlow 2022 Brownlow Medal Discussion - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who will be the 2022 Brownlow Medalist?

• Touk Miller

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Andrew Brayshaw

Votes: 38 19.4%
  • Clayton Oliver

Votes: 36 18.4%
  • Patrick Cripps

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Christian Petracca

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Cameron

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be on my own, but 30 votes for Touk to take home Charlie seems kinda high - maybe possible as a best-case scenario.

30 by itself is probably what it will take to win, but for Touk they have him getting too many votes in losing games, polling 6 times in losing games is highly unlikely - especially for a guy who is not historically good poller. Fyfe did 7 in 2019 but he was previously a massive poller and that was a real outlier.

Good bet for top 5 though.

Who are the Sydney/Geelong votes going to? Lots of wins from those clubs

It'll be a an even spread, although I expect Mills to poll well first half.

In Geelongs case; Guthrie will get some, as will Duncan, Atkins may poll well in a couple opf matches, Stewart, Smith, jeremy Cameron, Stengle maybe. I expect there will be a bunch of players on 12 to 15 and thats it.

Oliver for mine has been the best player. Just depends how many votes Trac and Gawn take off him.

Cripps/Bray will lead comfortably early I think. Can Clarrie real them in through the middle of the year.

Oliver is a lock for the MVP. Probably runner up in the Brownlow and Coaches award. Will lose by 1-2 votes and be as cut as Bont last year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Oliver wins, touk to get top3 maybe a tie with brayshaw and Neale for 2nd-4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see prestia win to make up for the chronic lack of recognition he gets everywhere else.

After that would like to see Miller win. I genuinely hope gc starts getting some success, it would be a good lead in to them becoming a relevant club.

I think brayshaw will win though. Should get many many votes early, tapered off a bit and might fall behind, but I think will pull ahead real late with a few good games.

Imagine a dual brayshaw tie. That would be awesome.

Would love to see prestia win to make up for the chronic lack of recognition he gets everywhere else.

After that would like to see Miller win. I genuinely hope gc starts getting some success, it would be a good lead in to them becoming a relevant club.

I think brayshaw will win though. Should get many many votes early, tapered off a bit and might fall behind, but I think will pull ahead real late with a few good games.

Imagine a dual brayshaw tie. That would be awesome.

Is there two Braysaw’s? Thought it was just the Freo one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Prestia gets recognition as a gun when he is fully fit doesn't he?

Has just been extremely injury prone and missed a hell of a lot of games

And isn't quite in the elite category of players

Would love a dark horse to win for a change. Like when Dippa, Libba and Brian Wilson won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recon Cripps wins. That is the only reason I can imagine he got off as he was 2-3 votes in front at the time and the AFL were worried.
Will bolt out of the gates early but will be reeled in late as his form tailed off after our bye when injuries struck us and he didn’t have the support around him.

Awesome bet to be leading by Rd5 on the current markets but I doubt he wins it.

Oliver is a Monty I reckon and has had a great year.

How do you even watch this for those who don't have channels? I remember I had to watch some weird stream online last year. Is it available through the 7 app?

Might be on my own, but 30 votes for Touk to take home Charlie seems kinda high - maybe possible as a best-case scenario.
Disagree. They have him polling in 13 games - I reckon he could poll in even more games than that.

Reckon he gets 5 BOG's in winning teams, and when Gold Coast have lost the better opposition players in many of those games aren't proven votegetters.

He is well over the odds at $10.

Back