Brownlow Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

The Brownlow is the main attraction mate, if Oliver had won you would be agreeing, i taste sour grapes here.
incorrect. I've been slamming the credibility of the Brownlow all season long on this forum. I even said in the Cripps vs Oliver thread months ago that Cripps may win the Brownlow as it doesn't reward consistency.

Incorrect. The Brownlow got surpassed by the Coaches votes years ago.
mate you're clearly so salty over this. It's very entertaining. Like the pies you leave season 2022 with zero to show for it. Actually it's probably worse for the demons as I had you guys a lock for a GF appearance minimum. Pies were a fair surprise and blues I thought 8-10 finish. Blues went out in such disappointing fashion however. yeah it hurt :straining:. Cripps was always a solid Brownlow shot this year If fit. Not many genuine footy supporters that I know don't disagree that when Cripps is up about he's one of the best players getting around ATM. He's not quite a 2017-20 Dusty in full flight (who the hell is ?) but he's in that elite company/stratosphere when the motor's running.

Can the AFL get any lower than this?

Honestly, the game needs a completely new governing body to take over, dredge the credibility of the game's adjudication out of the toilet.

Yes, this is probably the worst thing to happen in the history of not just sport, most likely humanity

regardless of any opinion on whether he should have been eligible....

no idea how he polled 1 against WCE

and equally no idea how Neale didnt poll against GC in round 19

No idea how Neale got a vote v Melbourne.

No idea why Cripps didn’t get 3 v Richmond.

I’d have given Curnow 3 v Crows at Marvel instead of Cripps

No idea how Neale got a vote v Melbourne.

No idea why Cripps didn’t get 3 v Richmond.

I’d have given Curnow 3 v Crows at Marvel instead of Cripps
i didnt expect neale to poll in round 23 but in complete fairness, he also got the third most coaches votes in that game too

Interview was recorded well before the Brownlow.

Media doing that thing again where they hold onto a story and release it at a time it'll sell the most clicks and outrage everyone.

Pretty trashy really.

Doesn’t Gil speaking against the ruling letting Cripps play go against those claiming this is an AFL conspiracy for him to win?

mate you're clearly so salty over this. It's very entertaining. Like the pies you leave season 2022 with zero to show for it. Actually it's probably worse for the demons as I had you guys a lock for a GF appearance minimum. Pies were a fair surprise and blues I thought 8-10 finish. Blues went out in such disappointing fashion however. yeah it hurt :straining:. Cripps was always a solid Brownlow shot this year If fit. Not many genuine footy supporters that I know don't disagree that when Cripps is up about he's one of the best players getting around ATM. He's not quite a 2017-20 Dusty in full flight (who the hell is ?) but he's in that elite company/stratosphere when the motor's running.
You've clearly skim read. I'm not salty at all. I get annoyed that each year people get angry at the results when clearly it's a flawed award that I stopped caring about many years ago.

Yeah cripps is a good player but winning last night hasn't changed my opinion of him just as my opinion of Ollie Wines didn't change just because he won it. When Wines retires he'll still be a guy that was slow, had average skills and peaked in his career to be about a top 20 player.

Oliver had a much better year. And like I said if Cripps was playing for Melbourne he'd just be another midfielder getting 14-15 votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've clearly skim read. I'm not salty at all. I get annoyed that each year people get angry at the results when clearly it's a flawed award that I stopped caring about many years ago.

Yeah cripps is a good player but winning last night hasn't changed my opinion of him just as my opinion of Ollie Wines didn't change just because he won it. When Wines retires he'll still be a guy that was slow, had average skills and peaked in his career to be about a top 20 player.

Oliver had a much better year. And like I said if Cripps was playing for Melbourne he'd just be another midfielder getting 14-15 votes.
Anchovy pizza anyone?

Yeah the umps are pretty smart. Jake Melksham is better than Maynard. lolz. Nice one umpires.
Imagine looking at the lower end of the Brownlow votes and thinking that because one player got 1 vote and another got none, that the umpires must think one is better than the other...
Correlation =/= causation.

So unstoppable that he came 6th in the coaches votes.
People seem to think Coaches votes are infallible, but coaches also have favourites, and are often too busy to put the right votes down.

Chris Scott even admitted he "forgot" how good Cameron was in the first final, and left him out of his votes. There will never be a perfect award, and at least the Brownlow is (mostly) impartial.

People seem to think Coaches votes are infallible, but coaches also have favourites, and are often too busy to put the right votes down.

Chris Scott even admitted he "forgot" how good Cameron was in the first final, and left him out of his votes. There will never be a perfect award, and at least the Brownlow is (mostly) impartial.
Agree. But at least the coaches aware votes to forward and defenders. That in itself means it surpasses the midfield medal in terms of credibility.

Imagine looking at the lower end of the Brownlow votes and thinking that because one player got 1 vote and another got none, that the umpires must think one is better than the other...
Correlation =/= causation.
Imagine not realising that the only reason why it's the lower end is because the medal is deeply flawed. If you're in the AA team, you should be roughly in the top 25 of the brownlow.

Yeah Karl Amon is better than Hawkins according to you. lol! Nice one mate. So now I've pointed out the lower end is flawed and the middle end lol. too easy. such a joke of an award. I'd rather win a club bnf.

Screenshot_20220919-142937_Twitter.jpg

Imagine not realising that the only reason why it's the lower end is because the medal is deeply flawed. If you're in the AA team, you should be roughly in the top 25 of the brownlow.

Yeah Karl Amon is better than Hawkins according to you. lol! Nice one mate. So now I've pointed out the lower end is flawed and the middle end lol. too easy. such a joke of an award. I'd rather win a club bnf.

View attachment 1512637
No, you shouldn't. This is massively flawed logic.

You have to be judged as one of the best 3 players in any given game out of the 44 (sometimes 45 or 46) players on the field. There's a very narrow chance of getting votes. You could be judged as the 4th-8th best player every single game and you won't get a single vote.

If Maynard is the only Pies player to make AA, does that make him their best player? No. So that doesn't mean that he's a greater chance of getting votes.
Do you really think he's going to steal votes off Daicos, JDG, Lipinski, Moore, Pendles, Adams, Crisp, Sidebottom, plus whoever the best 3-4 mids or other A grade players from the oppo are, simply because he's AA?

And what the hell is the comment about Amon?

Selwood may be a one time premiership captain (soon? hopefully?) but Cripps’ team age profile and the A grade quality they got, may have a dynasty coming.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back