Brownlow Patrick Cripps - 2022 Brownlow Medallist

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be the first to admit that Cripps' 1st half of the year carried him, but he was on another level to everyone else in the competition. I would like to see him in a full season with a fit and firing ruck, because Pitto's absence did hurt his output. Had to ruck 1/3 of the time (that's why he was "crap" for 8 weeks according to some scribes on here).

Cannot believe the vitriol in here. Patrick Cripps is a champion and he deserves every accolade that comes his way. I had hoped that people listening to his eloquent and heartfelt speech would be able to put aside petty tribal loyalties to acknowledge his achievement. Sigh.

Cannot believe the vitriol in here. Patrick Cripps is a champion and he deserves every accolade that comes his way. I had hoped that people listening to his eloquent and heartfelt speech would be able to put aside petty tribal loyalties to acknowledge his achievement. Sigh.
He’s a sniper. Good on him.

He jumped and raised his elbow and smashed an opponent straight in the skull with force. The opponent went straight down on his head bouncing off the turf.

Champion or not, he got off the charge but deserved a week or two at least

[/QUOTE]
Agreed. this was absolutely mind boggling. Killed the momentum of the night. Just after a thrilling 1 vote win, we're then listening to some old codger talking about Joel Selwood being a captain. what on earth.

Also what was the random Jack Gunston thing that happened in the middle of the count? Gill referencing a death in Jack's family or something? I was bloody confused .
Ray Gunston (Jack's father) who worked for the AFL for years and was a good friend of Gills died during the year.

Thought that it was a nice low key shout out to his wife and family.

Let's be honest here. If Cripps played for melbourne, how many votes is he getting? 10-14? Who was 2nd in Carltons count tonight? Walsh on 14?

Same as Lachie Neale, who was 2nd in their count. McCluggage on what 13? The key to winning the Brownlow. Not have anyone stealing your votes in that year. The Ollie Wines speciality :)

So what you’re saying is, essentially, Cripps won because everyone else in his team is sh*t. .

What do you have to say about Steven May, arguably the best defender in the game, not getting a single Brownlow vote? And I only just picked a Dees player because I noticed it last night. Was I surprised? No. It's a joke of an award.

According to the umpires:

• Rhys Matheison is better than AA Steven May
  • Ben Keays is better than AA Harry Mckay
  • Jake Melksham is better than AA Brayden Maynard
  • Ziebell is better than Toby Greene
  • Connor Budarick is better than Dylan Moore
  • Callum M. Brown is as good as AA Adam Saad
  • Fiorini is better than AA Sam Taylor

Hilarious to me that people still care about the Brownlow.

What's hilarious
Is how much of an effort you're putting in to put down an award you apparently don't rate or care about.

Can have his Brownlow if the Lions give up their semi and preliminary finals.

Technicalities and all that.
It’s a deal!
The ARC howler that cost Richmond’s season and invalidated this finals series should be reversed.

Replay, starting with Richmond vs Melbourne

And lachie gets his second C

It’s a deal!
The ARC howler that cost Richmond’s season and invalidated this finals series should be reversed.

Replay, starting with Richmond vs Melbourne

And lachie gets his second C
How have Richmond people managed to convince themselves that the goal review was a "howler".

It was a point, it's not even really debatable. Your coach went off his tree because he didn't like that it was reviewed, not really that they got it wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you surprised?

This joint is full of incels who couldn't kick a footy and are posting out of their parents basements. Compound that with the natural tall poppy syndrome this country has and there is not a single bloke in the AFL who could win something without copping similar vitriol.

What's hilarious
Is how much of an effort you're putting in to put down an award you apparently don't rate or care about.
Missing the point. It annoys me that people are frustrated about the result. Any avid footy fan that is a self declared expert on footy analysis shouldn't care about the brownlow result.

He is a champion for sure, and deserves to be rewarded for that. He should also have been suspended, thus not allowing him to get the Brownlow. Thats it, basically. Nothing against him personally, I would prefer he win it over Lachie Neale again, but he should have been suspended.

And Cripps had..5?

Like I said, if Cripps played for Melbourne he's getting 12-14 votes.

Beastly effort by the dees boys to get 49 votes between them.
He had 5 as he ran around with a broken back.
That was a beastly effort by those two boys...no doubt one of them would have got the medal if the other didn't play (or played for another team).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back