List Mgmt. Patrick Dangerfield re-signs until 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not. Just pointing out jimmy was so slow as he got older and it finished him. Danger won’t have that issue of losing a step making him slow.
Jimmy was a better user of the ball, though. Speed wasn't a major asset like it is for Dangerfield. Becomes a far more limited player when he slows down because that takes a lot of his game away.

Jimmy was a better user of the ball, though. Speed wasn't a major asset like it is for Dangerfield. Becomes a far more limited player when he slows down because that takes a lot of his game away.
Have ever seen another player hunt the ball better than Dangerfield though?

His ability to play inside and outside is as good as I've ever seen and the only blight on his game is his kicking and that's because IMO he rushes his ball drop.

Have ever seen another player hunt the ball better than Dangerfield though?

His ability to play inside and outside is as good as I've ever seen and the only blight on his game is his kicking and that's because IMO he rushes his ball drop.
Becomes harder for him to hunt the ball like that if he loses that bust speed, however. That's why I say it would take a lot of his game away.

So he will be 34 by the time his contract ends.

Boys club.

It's always difficult to work out until you see the clauses in the contract. Dangers last two seasons could have game requirements or triggers similar to bartel.

Anyway though Danger took a considerable cut in money to come to Geelong. When in the premiership heyday that was a staple of geelong players taking unders and getting fixed up on the back end. Didn't happen for all but danger deserves his whack for sure. I think he could of got an extra 600k if he really wanted it in Melbourne and still live in moggs creek

It's always difficult to work out until you see the clauses in the contract. Dangers last two seasons could have game requirements or triggers similar to bartel.

Anyway though Danger took a considerable cut in money to come to Geelong. When in the premiership heyday that was a staple of geelong players taking unders and getting fixed up on the back end. Didn't happen for all but danger deserves his whack for sure. I think he could of got an extra 600k if he really wanted it in Melbourne and still live in moggs creek

WE had space to offer Kelly a big whack... so its plausible that they have loaded that into a Danger contract and allow room down the track for another addition. So front more than rear load ...

Well probably not because like the others he would have to come 'home' eg to the GFC. Even St Kilda is not close enough apparently.

Well probably not because like the others he would have to come 'home' eg to the GFC. Even St Kilda is not close enough apparently.

I'm lost no idea what your talking about.

Edit. I know what your talking about I'm not going to argue logistics but it's around 1 hour 45 without traffic. Now on 1.6m per year you can manage an apartment in Melbourne at the same time. Trust me it can be worked out. Geelong players have lived in the city before.

I bet there is a lot of guys out there not on a million travelling over an hour to training. Think about what Jordan Clark's parents were doing to get him to training.

St Kildas back in moorabin anyway which considerably further away travel wise. It would be north Melbourne closest ardent street. Bulldogs train in footscray. Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne all have facilities around Olympic park which is a stone throw away

Last edited:
WE had space to offer Kelly a big whack... so its plausible that they have loaded that into a Danger contract and allow room down the track for another addition. So front more than rear load ...

Logical yes, and similar to blitz 5 year contract i believe Geelong always tend to offer an extra year on top to keep the yearly salaries down. Even see Cam Guthrie signing on for 3

It's a good time now too offload chunks of salary because in a few years if any of these kids turn out to be good now you need to pay them pretty substantial dollars after that rookie contract ends in 2 years Or lock them in after a year basically

Remove this Banner Ad

Back