Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
549768_3325271323428_1017720289_3064136_2093945151_n.jpg

Is she the most gorgeous woman in world Basketball?

Is she the most gorgeous woman in world Basketball?

you lost it right there buddy.

Let's appreciate her for being a great player, IMO our 2nd best female basketballer. Someone who's endured a lot and pushed her body to the limits.
Take the "gorgeous" comments to the bay or something.

******* triggered or what.
He has a point. Her looks have nothing to do with her abilities as a basketball player and she is probably the second best female basketballer Australia has produced. Any female who posted a similar thread solely based on the looks of a male basketballer would be howled off the board.

So to add some content to this thread, her career highlights and awards:
Representing
23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia
Olympic Games

16px-Silver_medal_icon_%28S_initial%29.svg.png
2004 Athens Team
16px-Silver_medal_icon_%28S_initial%29.svg.png
2008 Beijing Team
World Championship
16px-Gold_medal_icon_%28G_initial%29.svg.png
2006 Brazil Team
16px-Bronze_medal_icon_%28B_initial%29.svg.png
2002 China Team
16px-Bronze_medal_icon_%28B_initial%29.svg.png
2014 Turkey Team

He has a point. Her looks have nothing to do with her abilities as a basketball player and she is probably the second best female basketballer Australia has produced. Any female who posted a similar thread solely based on the looks of a male basketballer would be howled off the board.

Who says there's anything wrong with rating her as a looker?

I reckon if some female made a similar thread about male basketballer nobody would give a s**t. I know I wouldn't.

It's not like women don't love a good perv as well.

******* triggered or what.

I reckon if some female made a similar thread about male basketballer nobody would give a s**t. I know I wouldn't.

Triggered? Don't devalue this conversation with that s**t.

The point is very simple:

This is a Basketball board (more specifically on a footy forum). He created an appreciation thread for our 2nd best female basketballer ever, and didn't mention anything about her basketball ability.

If he had mentioned all of her achievements, and then said "oh and she's a looker" I wouldn't have been particularly fussed. But for that to be the only thing he mentioned is ridiculous. If you want to talk about her looks - take it elsewhere. If you want to talk about her ability as a basketball player, then this is the place to do it.

Bollocks. If a female posted a thread on this board and it consisted of a picture of prime Michael Jordan that solely referenced his looks and failed to mention any of his career achievements they would be rightly derided by the board.

Sure she is good looking but first and foremost she's a brilliant basketballer that has served her club(s) and country well and achieved great things throughout her career. To ignore that and focus just on her looks on a basketball board is disrespectful.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Triggered? Don't devalue this conversation with that s**t.

The point is very simple:

This is a Basketball board (more specifically on a footy forum). He created an appreciation thread for our 2nd best female basketballer ever, and didn't mention anything about her basketball ability.

If he had mentioned all of her achievements, and then said "oh and she's a looker" I wouldn't have been particularly fussed. But for that to be the only thing he mentioned is ridiculous. If you want to talk about her looks - take it elsewhere. If you want to talk about her ability as a basketball player, then this is the place to do it.

The point is simple, your opinion doesn't matter.

If you want to start an appreciation thread for her go for it, nobody is stopping you.

Bollocks. If a female posted a thread on this board and it consisted of a picture of prime Michael Jordan that solely referenced his looks and failed to mention any of his career achievements they would be rightly derided by the board.

hahahaha if you truly believe that then you're completely whipped.

Nobody would give a flying *.

Sure she is good looking but first and foremost she's a brilliant basketballer that has served her club(s) and country well and achieved great things throughout her career. To ignore that and focus just on her looks on a basketball board is disrespectful.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

baby-crying-MJ.0.png

The point is simple, your opinion doesn't matter.

If you want to start an appreciation thread for her go for it, nobody is stopping you.

Actually go an talk with the majority of women in this country (and most men with half a brain) and you'll find that my opinion is actually very valid.

Except that that constitutes maybe 1% of the public discourse around those players - the majority of the rest comes down to their playing ability.

Its a completely different story with female athletes.

So when Penny Taylor posed nude by her own choice she never thought that would make her a sex symbol hey?

Brings a new meaning to box score...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This board does not condone a lot of behaviour/comments just as Bigfooty does not. Aside from the Bay, I feel this board has the best balance of banter, humour and serious analysis. We once had a Kate Upton Appreciation thread, the envy of all other boards.

This thread escalated a little too quickly for my liking and this will be closed until participants have been called on to explain their behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back