Peter Dutton’s racism to the bottom

Remove this Banner Ad

you should do some reading and inform yourself

1) we are number 3 in the world for resettling refugees (not immigration). So I wasn't disingenuous, rather you demonstrated a lack of understanding of fact and as a result weren't able to identify a well known achievement of Australia and its commitment to asylum seekers
2) The term I hear is "unauthorised arrivals" not illegal immigrants. However I don't care what they are called or not called, rather I favour our actions of being Number 3 in the world in humanitarian action and obligation.
3) Re NZ you clearly don't understand the issue in Indonesia and Indonesia's plea to reduce the impact and destablisation of their nation. If NZ wants them, then NZ should fly to a refugee centre in Africa, the middle east etc and take them. They shouldn't wait for people to drown, become customers of people smugglers etc before they attempt to be seen doing something. Actions speak louder than words!
Although we differ on our opinions on people seeking asylum (and no doubt many other things), I generally enjoy your posts because you have rational reasons for what you believe and are able to articulate them well.

But I just want to quibble on a couple of points you've made.

1) It's not for the reason the wahooo mentioned, but I do think you're being slightly disingenuous with trumpeting that we're 3rd in resettling refugees. You're absolutely correct and it is definitely commendable, but resettlement is only a very small piece of the pie when it comes to refugee intake. The countries with the highest level of refugees (according to UNHCR stats presented here by Amnesty - https://www.amnesty.org/en/what-we-...s/global-refugee-crisis-statistics-and-facts/) have many magnitudes more refugees than what we accept through our resettlement intake in Australia.

2) The current government changed the interpretation of IMA from Irregular Maritime Arrival to Illegal Maritime Arrival.

3) Not a quibble per se, but I think New Zealand (and Australia probably moreso) should be working with Indonesia and the UNHCR to be supporting a regional response to the humanitarian crisis that is engulfing our northern neighbour. But taking more people through the resettlement program is something I would never argue against either, just that I think it needs to be as well as, not instead of a regional response.

Although we differ on our opinions on people seeking asylum (and no doubt many other things), I generally enjoy your posts because you have rational reasons for what you believe and are able to articulate them well.

But I just want to quibble on a couple of points you've made.

1) It's not for the reason the wahooo mentioned, but I do think you're being slightly disingenuous with trumpeting that we're 3rd in resettling refugees. You're absolutely correct and it is definitely commendable, but resettlement is only a very small piece of the pie when it comes to refugee intake. The countries with the highest level of refugees (according to UNHCR stats presented here by Amnesty - https://www.amnesty.org/en/what-we-...s/global-refugee-crisis-statistics-and-facts/) have many magnitudes more refugees than what we accept through our resettlement intake in Australia.

2) The current government changed the interpretation of IMA from Irregular Maritime Arrival to Illegal Maritime Arrival.

3) Not a quibble per se, but I think New Zealand (and Australia probably moreso) should be working with Indonesia and the UNHCR to be supporting a regional response to the humanitarian crisis that is engulfing our northern neighbour. But taking more people through the resettlement program is something I would never argue against either, just that I think it needs to be as well as, not instead of a regional response.

The issue with number 3) is it is very complex. If we are pro-resettling asylum seekers under compassionate grounds, should we also not value preventing a failed state, genocide of 5% of Indonesia's population (15m people to be executed) and preventing the wave of refugees fleeing Indonesia and persecution?

Probowo

Australia can not be seen meddling with Indonesian politics, as it will only serve to unite and strengthen the islamic elements and play into the hands of ISIS and Probowo. Just some links for review:

rather than read the entire link, the take away is "General Prabowo, the ... all the Chinese out of the country even if that sets back the economy twenty or ..."

"Prabowo Subianto, an ex-special forces commander accused of torture and abductions, has announced his candidacy for president, "

st Indonesia's ethnic Chinese to bring ... had taken command of the Jakarta garrison in September 1997.
The 1997 Jarakrta riots were between Wiranto who wanted to lead Indo to democracy vs Probowa a dictatorship

So from above we know Probowo repertoire includes torture, genocide and wanted a coup to renew a dictatorship

Tommy Suharto

Then the colourful bits of history that aren't documented publicly

and

Tommy Suharto has an appetite for killing, in this link a judges wife but less well known he shot his mum by accident, when he tried to shoot his dad. He wanted to kill his dad as he did a deal with Probowo (President Suharto's son-in-law) to take the reigns rather than hand over power to Wiranto.

Tommy's main business is ports and running a criminal union similar to the old Painters and Dockers............including people smuggling

So we know Tommy is a killer, has a close relationship with Probowo and runs the ports

Other players

The list of players is deep and includes the heavies and the money launderers for Probowo and Suharto

Tommy Winata - Gang of 9 otherwise known as the 9 dragons
I witnessed Tommy throw a guy of the roof of a multi-story building in full view of the public and police.........but no one saw anything

Bam Bang Sutrisno - who sets up the money laundering and fraud - Meryl Lynch is the easiest and preferred money laundering bank in Asia

The most recent coup attempt
Note Probowo was the General of the special forces........the same division that brought in the weapons for the coup

Former Kopassus major general arrested for smuggling weapons intended for election protests tomorrow.

The man that stop the Coup was Wiranto
Wiranto confirmed that former Kopassus Commander Soenarko has been named a suspect in relations to ownership of illegal firearms

Targets for assination include Wiranto
Police believe they have arrested the prime suspects in the alleged plot to assassinate four senior government officials . he four senior government officials who were targeted were previously identified as Chief Security Minister Wiranto, Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, State Intelligence Agency (BIN) chief Budi Gunawan and presidential aide Gories Mere.

As pay back to stopping the Coup Wiranto is stabbed by ISIS
Retired army general Wiranto sustained two stab wounds to stomach and is in stable condition.

From above we know Probowo has prepared for a coup, works with ISIS and will kill anyone who tries to stop him

Now Australia can't openly talk about this issue as it would be seen as interfering with Indonesia's politics. This would solidify and unite the islam vote behind Probowo and ISIS. But there is an obligation for educated Australians to inform themselves and consider the bigger picture. Ignorance on this issue will result in bloodshed on a mass scale.

Just remember supporting people smugglers = gun running = coup = genocide = asylum seekers and suffering

The issue with number 3) is it is very complex. If we are pro-resettling asylum seekers under compassionate grounds, should we also not value preventing a failed state, genocide of 5% of Indonesia's population (15m people to be executed) and preventing the wave of refugees fleeing Indonesia and persecution?

Probowo

Australia can not be seen meddling with Indonesian politics, as it will only serve to unite and strengthen the islamic elements and play into the hands of ISIS and Probowo. Just some links for review:

rather than read the entire link, the take away is "General Prabowo, the ... all the Chinese out of the country even if that sets back the economy twenty or ..."

"Prabowo Subianto, an ex-special forces commander accused of torture and abductions, has announced his candidacy for president, "

st Indonesia's ethnic Chinese to bring ... had taken command of the Jakarta garrison in September 1997.
The 1997 Jarakrta riots were between Wiranto who wanted to lead Indo to democracy vs Probowa a dictatorship

So from above we know Probowo repertoire includes torture, genocide and wanted a coup to renew a dictatorship

Tommy Suharto

Then the colourful bits of history that aren't documented publicly

and

Tommy Suharto has an appetite for killing, in this link a judges wife but less well known he shot his mum by accident, when he tried to shoot his dad. He wanted to kill his dad as he did a deal with Probowo (President Suharto's son-in-law) to take the reigns rather than hand over power to Wiranto.

Tommy's main business is ports and running a criminal union similar to the old Painters and Dockers............including people smuggling

So we know Tommy is a killer, has a close relationship with Probowo and runs the ports

Other players

The list of players is deep and includes the heavies and the money launderers for Probowo and Suharto

Tommy Winata - Gang of 9 otherwise known as the 9 dragons
I witnessed Tommy throw a guy of the roof of a multi-story building in full view of the public and police.........but no one saw anything

Bam Bang Sutrisno - who sets up the money laundering and fraud - Meryl Lynch is the easiest and preferred money laundering bank in Asia

The most recent coup attempt
Note Probowo was the General of the special forces........the same division that brought in the weapons for the coup

Former Kopassus major general arrested for smuggling weapons intended for election protests tomorrow.

The man that stop the Coup was Wiranto
Wiranto confirmed that former Kopassus Commander Soenarko has been named a suspect in relations to ownership of illegal firearms

Targets for assination include Wiranto
Police believe they have arrested the prime suspects in the alleged plot to assassinate four senior government officials . he four senior government officials who were targeted were previously identified as Chief Security Minister Wiranto, Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, State Intelligence Agency (BIN) chief Budi Gunawan and presidential aide Gories Mere.

As pay back to stopping the Coup Wiranto is stabbed by ISIS
Retired army general Wiranto sustained two stab wounds to stomach and is in stable condition.

From above we know Probowo has prepared for a coup, works with ISIS and will kill anyone who tries to stop him

Now Australia can't openly talk about this issue as it would be seen as interfering with Indonesia's politics. This would solidify and unite the islam vote behind Probowo and ISIS. But there is an obligation for educated Australians to inform themselves and consider the bigger picture. Ignorance on this issue will result in bloodshed on a mass scale.

Just remember supporting people smugglers = gun running = coup = genocide = asylum seekers and suffering
Holy crap. That's overwhelming even just to skim over! But I promise to get through it!!!

In the meantime, can we just get back to calling Dutton a potato?

Holy crap. That's overwhelming even just to skim over! But I promise to get through it!!!

I don't like guys like dutton either, so I'm not sure calling him a potato goes hard enough

once you've gone through that list, there is more to the story

Jokowi tried to appease Probowo and pay him off by buying the land for the new capital in borneo

with the proceeds he has bought more weapons

further he is looking at a weakened Malaysia post the corruption scandal and building a stronger relationship

is this an anti-china movement or a return to the desire to set an islamic state

My advice though to Chinese Indos is to get out now

"I demand to speak to the captain!"

View attachment 898598

It will be interesting to see if he responds before the end of the week. What will being held in contempt of court actually mean for him though? It's not like an ex-QLD copper really cares about whether they're acting within the law or not ...

Apparently exploring all legal avenues is "using every trick in the book".

He's playing to his base of "gettemouttamycountry" Aussies.

if you bothered to read the article, it suggested the "exploring all avenues" was more than legal but included the allegation of faking medical

if you bothered to read the article, it suggested the "exploring all avenues" was more than legal but included the allegation of faking medical
Yes - allegation.

It is legal to seek medical help. It is legal to be flown in for medical help.

Speaking of tricks and lies:

In Parliament on Monday, Mr Dutton said he would not preside over a situation where people were "self-harming to come to hospitals in this country" because they believed it was a route to Australian citizenship.

"We will provide the medical assistance, including to this baby and including to other people that we have brought to this country, and when the medical assistance has been provided to that family ... that person will return to Nauru," he said.

Ms Narayanasamy said Mr Dutton was in possession of medical reports "which clearly state Baby Asha's injuries were accidental".

"This family has been in hospital for three weeks surrounded by people trained to pick up any hint of abuse. The only abuse doctors picked up was that the baby was at risk if she was sent back to detention in the care of the minister," she said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes - allegation.

It is legal to seek medical help. It is legal to be flown in for medical help.

Speaking of tricks and lies:

In Parliament on Monday, Mr Dutton said he would not preside over a situation where people were "self-harming to come to hospitals in this country" because they believed it was a route to Australian citizenship.

"We will provide the medical assistance, including to this baby and including to other people that we have brought to this country, and when the medical assistance has been provided to that family ... that person will return to Nauru," he said.

Ms Narayanasamy said Mr Dutton was in possession of medical reports "which clearly state Baby Asha's injuries were accidental".

"This family has been in hospital for three weeks surrounded by people trained to pick up any hint of abuse. The only abuse doctors picked up was that the baby was at risk if she was sent back to detention in the care of the minister," she said.

I'm not sure you have thought about this too much. Please provide your thoughts on how a hospital system would come to the position that hot water was poured over a kid on purpose or by accident? Please provide a summary of the resources and investigating powers of hospitals, to assess such matters? Or do you feel the records would reflect the representations of the family or carer on admission to hospital?

A hospital may raise questions of a matter such as this and report that to child protection or a disabilities commission. These departments may investigate but that would not change the medical records. Given the paragraph, the hospital is working with child protection and disabilities to find a suitable solution to release the child, the concern of harm was real and thus appropriate action taken.

I'm stunned people read article like this and don't think about what is actually been said, in context to the relevant powers and purpose of individuals or organisations. Do we blame journalists for engaging in misleading and deceptive conduct or do we blame readers for not eve attempting to use their own brain?

Australia has closed borders.

And Dutton is still not happy.

Tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the man.

We are a top 3 nation on the planet for permanent settlement of refugees. We should be proud of our achievement and contribution in the world.

As a Liberal voter, I am very happy with the work this man has done.

After the Belt and Road Virus is controlled, I'd like to see Dutton stamp out excess costs and abuses.

Mr Dutton said the family was "playing funny games" through the courts to prevent their detention and costing taxpayers a fortune in the process, pegging the cost at more than $10 million.

As a nation, we cannot allow ourselves to be abused financially and taken advantage of.

Those sort of legal loopholes need to be stamped out.

If Dutton can't do it, he will be moved on and someone who can do it will take his place.

We are not the Vic Labor party who allow themselves to be swayed by facebook posts.

After the Belt and Road Virus is controlled, I'd like to see Dutton stamp out excess costs and abuses.

As a nation, we cannot allow ourselves to be abused financially and taken advantage of.

If Dutton can't do it, he will be moved on and someone who can do it will take his place.

We are not the Vic Labor party who allow themselves to be swayed by facebook posts.
Replace Peter Potatohead with Pauline Pantsdown.

That would be showing more balls.

Please provide your thoughts on how a hospital system would come to the position that hot water was poured over a kid on purpose or by accident?
So the doctors and nurses are lying?

I'm not sure you have thought about this too much. Please provide your thoughts on how a hospital system would come to the position that hot water was poured over a kid on purpose or by accident? Please provide a summary of the resources and investigating powers of hospitals, to assess such matters? Or do you feel the records would reflect the representations of the family or carer on admission to hospital?

A hospital may raise questions of a matter such as this and report that to child protection or a disabilities commission. These departments may investigate but that would not change the medical records. Given the paragraph, the hospital is working with child protection and disabilities to find a suitable solution to release the child, the concern of harm was real and thus appropriate action taken.

I'm stunned people read article like this and don't think about what is actually been said, in context to the relevant powers and purpose of individuals or organisations. Do we blame journalists for engaging in misleading and deceptive conduct or do we blame readers for not eve attempting to use their own brain?
Hospitals make decisions around the cause of injuries in child protection cases on a daily basis. Why is this any different?

So the doctors and nurses are lying?

again your decision making is poor

Doctors and nurses do not have investigative resources to determine the cause. Rather they will record what is represented by the parents or carers. If they have concerns over welfare, they will report this to child protection or disabilities who have the power to investigate.

Are you a giant troll or just full on deranged?
I genuinely can’t tell

again your decision making is poor

Doctors and nurses do not have investigative resources to determine the cause. Rather they will record what is represented by the parents or carers. If they have concerns over welfare, they will report this to child protection or disabilities who have the power to investigate.
They could find no proof of abuse.

Nobody has found any proof of abuse.

Yet Dutton accused them of abuse.

Did Dutton use his resources to determine if the child was burned on purpose?

Or did he just act like the grub we know him to be and make the accusation for political gain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back