Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just going to put it out there that... now that Rams are at 1 I can see Wentz & Goff going 1-2 or vice versa. The Browns would be mad not to take a passer to sit for a season or at least til late in the year with a look to the future.
This is where I see Howie swooping at 3 or 5 to grab Tunsil!
I believe that all of the posturing so far has been a smokescreen to get a passer needy team to do exactly what the Rams have done & get Tunsil in play at a price they can afford.
To get this years O line rock solid is the best chance to get Bradford to play to his potential if it is ever going to happen.
A runner or passer can be taken with our second & third pick if need be, I'm not even going to go there because I'm far from doing a mock.
Peters will fade & should get kicked inside to Guard & let it be a comp with Lane & Tunsil for the Left Tackle, I don't have a preference.
Peterson did let it slip earlier that the L.Guard position was on the team already!
Scary OLine if this is pulled off! Any runner paired with Mathews,or solo, could find holes & the protection for Bradford would be elite to make his reads & throws.

I agree that this would be by far the best course of action but knowing this front office nothing would surprise me. Dallas have shown what a good line can do. If we had Tunsil and Johnson anchoring it we would be in a very good position going forward. I honestly have no idea where they will go with the first pick this year, one of the most interesting lead ups in recent memory IMO.

I'm just going to put it out there that... now that Rams are at 1 I can see Wentz & Goff going 1-2 or vice versa. The Browns would be mad not to take a passer to sit for a season or at least til late in the year with a look to the future.
This is where I see Howie swooping at 3 or 5 to grab Tunsil!
I believe that all of the posturing so far has been a smokescreen to get a passer needy team to do exactly what the Rams have done & get Tunsil in play at a price they can afford.
To get this years O line rock solid is the best chance to get Bradford to play to his potential if it is ever going to happen.
A runner or passer can be taken with our second & third pick if need be, I'm not even going to go there because I'm far from doing a mock.
Peters will fade & should get kicked inside to Guard & let it be a comp with Lane & Tunsil for the Left Tackle, I don't have a preference.
Peterson did let it slip earlier that the L.Guard position was on the team already!
Scary OLine if this is pulled off! Any runner paired with Mathews,or solo, could find holes & the protection for Bradford would be elite to make his reads & throws.

Love your work, except we have no second round pick, and Tunsil goes way before pick 8. So who do we trade up to, with sweet FA to offer except pick 8??

I would look at the Jags as the most realistic or the Chargers. im guessing that 8, next years first & a 3rd this year would be close to enough to move up 3 - 5 spots.
Tunsil locks the OLine for the future & if Bradford performs next years first will be late anyway.
I could babble on about who goes where & to who but I think if Wentz goes to the Rams the Browns take Goff. The Chargers need Ramsey with Weddle( I think it is) moved on, the Cowboys take Bosa, Jack or Elliot leaving the Jags as the prime candidate IMO. A swap of picks plus a 3rd this year & next years first is pretty good value for the Jags & a Roseman type play to get the guy they wanted all along.
The first 4 picks just happen to be needs based picks that are all top 10 guys so if you can fill a need without diluting their selection it's a no brainer to me. Tunsil will be in play at 5 & cost little in comparison to moving to 1 or 2 for the "coveted" Wentz or Goff.
Well played Howie

No way we are trading next year's first rounder. Nobody knows with all the roster turnover and the coaching changes how good or band this team will be this year. I would hate to trade the number 8 and another top 10 pick next year for the 3rd pick. Given that Wentz and Goff are reaches as top 5 picks, somebody will drop to us.

No way we are trading next year's first rounder. Nobody knows with all the roster turnover and the coaching changes how good or band this team will be this year. I would hate to trade the number 8 and another top 10 pick next year for the 3rd pick. Given that Wentz and Goff are reaches as top 5 picks, somebody will drop to us.

Wrong.

Not that I disagree with your statements. The ransom we're paying. s**t, they'd better be a franchise QB or someone's career is over.

So Bradford was signed to hand hold the rookie for a year & then will be moved on, hopefully at a price which recoups a fair chunk of the cost of this move up to pick 2.

Sound about right? Or will the next bit of news be Bradford out the door now...

So Bradford was signed to hand hold the rookie for a year & then will be moved on, hopefully at a price which recoups a fair chunk of the cost of this move up to pick 2.

Sound about right? Or will the next bit of news be Bradford out the door now...

Best case- Bradford's a pro bowler this year, Wentz (or Goff) develop, and we're in the luxary position of being able to move Bradford before starting the young'un.

But that's absolute best case.

Worst case- we struggle this year, Bradford's value is no better than it is now (not great), and we've given the Browns a top 10 pick next year as well as this year. The QB pick that we've invested so much in doesn't develop and we're out of contention for a decade.

Not that there's much riding on what we've done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind it, I was expecting it. We paid a lot but if Wentz turns into a franchise QB it's all worth it. I would have been angrier if we took Elliott at 8.
What if you've moved up to get Elliot?

Can I retract this statement? Shows how clueless I am :eek:

Feel like we traded up for a qb a year too late, and signed the best corner a year too early.
Maybe this is a win win scenario, if Wentz is gold, we have a QB for the future, if he is the next Blaine Gabbert, we can give Roseman his marching orders.

Can I retract this statement? Shows how clueless I am :eek:

Feel like we traded up for a qb a year too late, and signed the best corner a year too early.
Maybe this is a win win scenario, if Wentz is gold, we have a QB for the future, if he is the next Blaine Gabbert, we can give Roseman his marching orders.

Trading up from 8 to 2 is different than going from 20 to 2. Plus the Titans were never going to trade out last year.

You didn't really go from 8 though did you...

If you want to include Maxwell and Alonso who the Eagles were desperate to get rid of in the equation then sure. How much extra would we have needed to do to get to 2 from 20 last year though. Players would have been involved, players we wanted to keep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back