Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Few random thoughts amongst other things the team needs to address.

Reddick - roster bonus moved to April 1, what do we get for him?

I feel Howie is sticking firm with what he believes we should receive in return for Reddick. Getting up there in age, however proven performer, healthy etc. Issues lie with the amount Huff is being paid, and the fact they line up on the same side. Huff is being paid starting money. Sweat has since been re-signed. I just can't work a scenario in my head where we manage to keep him, pay him and keep everyone happy. Carolina being taken to the cleaners for Burns certainly doesn't help the value. I think pre-free agency I was thinking upwards of a second rounder, I think at this stage we'd probably be lucky to get a third.

Safety - do we look to sign Justin Simmons with his price likely on the decrease?

CJGC is a jet and a known quantity. I feel multiple questions remain with existing players - does Blankenship have the athleticism to remain a quality starter with Fangio's defence? I rate him - but will Sydney Brown be back at a reasonable time, and how does he recover from his ACL in the short term?

Although getting up there in age and may be slightly more expensive than we'd like, Simmons provides veteran knowledge and proven performance under Fangio's scheme. Think it would be a huge get. It would allow us to use CJGJ's versatility in the slot as our plan for nickel (pending Tyler Hall's pre season performance) is still unknown.

Corner - thoughts on our current roster and who do we draft?

The acquisition of Tyler Hall is interesting... competitive and tough. Slot corner. Very interesting one to watch through pre season. Other than him and without Maddox we don't really have much.

Isaiah Rodgers primarily plays outside from memory. He has wheels so hopefully he works out.

Slay remains reliable but Bradberry just cannot start this year. Leaves us with Ringo, Ricks, Jobe? I'm not too sure on their starting potential.

I'm thinking we take one of Kool-Aid or Dejean in the first round, but it's usually impossible to pick what the Eagles are thinking at draft time.

Almost certainly going offensive line with the first pick. Lane is not getting any younger & the right side could use some TLC. Fans will be pissed for sure. 🤣

Reddick, gonski unless really no-one else wants him at the price which could happen as did with Slay last season.

Safety, can always use more help there & the biggest concern with Blankeship is probably durability as he's started getting injured too often. They do like Brown though so fingers crossed he can get back on time.

Ringo looked good but lots of decisions to be made at corner as we saw how quickly Bradberry fell off the cliff & would hate to see Slay go the same way.

Vic has his work cut out for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pushing the can down the road. Eventually they'll have to either trade 1-2 players if they want to pay heaps in 1 year that they'll wipe out the debt or pay large amounts over 2 years, but that'll likely mean 2 poor seasons as no salary to pickup other players so doubt this will happen, likely the 1st scenario.

Just pushing the can down the road. Eventually they'll have to either trade 1-2 players if they want to pay heaps in 1 year that they'll wipe out the debt or pay large amounts over 2 years, but that'll likely mean 2 poor seasons as no salary to pickup other players so doubt this will happen, likely the 1st scenario.
Pushing the can does keep the super bowl window open as long as possible

Him making that snaps percentage as an edge is pretty unlikely, so its a third. Gambling on Rodgers retiring I think for it to be early.

After the ******* Panthers blew up the trade market for edges, that was the best we were going to do. Basically we traded Reddick for Huff and a future third.

I'm happy with the Reddick deal. Shelling out less money for a younger, also talented player in Huff. Get hopefully a second rounder in return. Southerntakeover correct - that Burns deal definitely buggered up the market.

Really need Nolan Smith to come on this season to make it worthwhile.

Gotta admit - the Philly front office is full of some pretty intelligent people. In the coming years we're going to need to extend a few more (Smith first up) ... looks like we're in a pretty good spot to lock down our existing talent and head to the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back