AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved that he knew straight away that he wanted to play for us after touring our facilities and meeting some of the players/key people. Says a lot about the position of the club at the moment

Don't know how good McGrath will end up but I'm pretty confident we just missed the next james hird in McClug. Can't help but be disappointed

That is what will happen when people get their heart set on one bloke they think we should have. 90% of the time he ends up not being the one we pick.
I hope Hugh goes on and becomes a star and you know what if he is better than McGrath so be it. My view is you can not be bitter and twisted over something you have no control over. Pick out 4 or 5 blokes you like, there are better odds of landing one of them.
McGrath will be tearing it up for us next year anyway. He will be a star in his own right (or on his right :p )

I know we've had it rough the last few years but i see the fact that we got a player of this quality regardless of who ever else was available as just a huge bonus given we were probably somewhere around the bottom of the 8 or just out of the 8 last year with our full side and probably would have had a first pick around 8-10. I don't think any supporters should be getting hung up the whole McGrath v McCluggage, just think if we had have got either at pick 10

Anyone else think he looks a bit like a younger version of, Luke Beveridge

View attachment 313647
I had that exact thought when Beveridge was on screen at some point last night.

"Random as!" hehe. Heppell sounds exactly like my friends and I used to sound when we were in high school! #productofyourtimes

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1475195894671.jpg

36038423_1_O.jpg

Scott bloody West, it's been bugging me for the last 48 hours, but it's uncanny.

Still reckon McGrath moves and plays like David King, but has a stronger inside game.

It will be interesting to see if EFC gets McGrath's Dad involved in the club some time in the future, even for a Board position - His Dad has good skills that can add to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back