Prediction Picks 64, 78 & 91 and 2 x rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Cox-Goodyer from North Launceston would be worth a shot as a late pick or Rookie. Tough as nails goal kicker/mid fielder who won the TSL medal and kicked a bag in the final after being injured. Is also a red head so would look good in the blue and white! Haven't had a good one for a while (Drew dowsn't count, not red enough).

Then why bother replying? Keep it to yourself. This thread is all about personal choices and what I picked was exactly that.

Because this is a forum and you are meant to be discussing options. No need to go get crazy defensive because someone doesn't agree with you.

For the record I enjoyed your original post and selections minus Daniels.

Geez, harsh rating system if this kid has similar speed to Josh Williams but only gets a 3.5 for speed. Must be a lot of bloody fast kids running around out there.
Don't take any notice of their rankings. Cerra got 3.5 for speed, as did LDU. Stephenson only got 4.5.

Cerra only got 4 for contested ball, 4.5 for accumulating and 3.5 for marking. He averaged 14.5 contested and 12.75 uncontested possessions with 6.8 marking/1.75 contested marks at TAC levels this year and gets those scores and his one weakness still gets a 3.5.

Anyone with a pulse will do, as long as they’re not called Billy Hartung.

...Actually, the first part is optional.

So theres a good chance we will use pick 91. What will we get for that in this shallow draft? Club has seriously bottled this trade period.

So theres a good chance we will use pick 91. What will we get for that in this shallow draft? Club has seriously bottled this trade period.

I wonder if we old hold a pick back for the PSD . When the dust settles after the ND and RD there are usually a few gems to be found.

I wonder if we old hold a pick back for the PSD . When the dust settles after the ND and RD there are usually a few gems to be found.

Name one gem since DFA came in? I don't even think they had one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won’t even try to nominate a specific player based on a personal talent assessment of the whole draft pool, I don’t know remotely enough... but; there is a loose form line for picking ‘left over’ state captains. It is not rocket surgery, but obviously there is a bit of natural selection involved in rising to a captaincy role at the U18 carnival, and it is an indication of character that I would pay credence to for the late picks.

Our record includes,
- Leigh Adams, Vic Metro Captain, Rookie Draft pick 3
- Andrew Swallow, WA Captain, pick 43

Probably a few of you can nominate other examples.

Therefore I’m watching Oscar Clavarino (mixed ratings where he will fall) and Callum Coleman Jones (very slim chance he may slip to 64 due to his busted knee/no one loves a Ruck)

Separately, Matt Hanson deserves a crack. Just a question of where we think he would go.

I like Geordie Nagle as a late-round prospect. He always stood out when I watched Sandringham and he seems to have enough traits to make it as footballer. He spent a lot of his time down back, but that was in part due to being kept out of the middle by guys like Hamish Brayshaw, Andrew Brayshaw, Charlie Constable and Will Walker, so I wouldn't write-off his ability to make it as a mid at AFL level. Even if he doesn't, he is a good size, a great one on one player and he is always involved, so he would be worth a pick regardless.

Charlie Thompson is this year's player that is slipping down the order due to being a footballer and not an athlete. Seems very vanilla as a prospect, but plays well enough to be worth a spot on a list. If he doesn't make it as an AFL player, then he'll probably have a permanent position in the VFL team of the year.

I'm not sure how far he will fall, but Thomas North should be an absolute no-brainer at 64 if he is still there. If we're still looking for genuine mids at pick 64, then I'm not sure that there'll be a more rounded one left than Thomas North. A great name as well, which is always a bonus.

I'll also echo the Cassidy Parish, Matt Hanson and Lloyd Meek love.

Pick 64: Thomas North
Pick 78: Cassidy Parish
Pick 91: Geordie Nagle
Rookie 1: Matt Hanson
Rookie 2: Charlie Thompson

Last edited:
We tend to love the Queensland boys with our later picks - not really sure of who is available this year from the north state, but won't be surprised if we go this route again.

I like Geordie Nagle as a late-round prospect. He always stood out when I watched Sandringham and he seems to have enough traits to make it as footballer. He spent a lot of his time down back, but that was in part due to being kept out of the middle by guys like Hamish Brayshaw, Andrew Brayshaw, Charlie Constable and Will Walker, so I wouldn't write-off his ability to make it as a mid at AFL level. Even if he doesn't, he is a good size, a great one on one player and he is always involved, so he would be worth a pick regardless.

Charlie Thompson is this year's player that is slipping down the order due to being a footballer and not an athlete. Seems very vanilla as a prospect, but plays well enough to be worth a spot on a list. If he doesn't make it as an AFL player, then he'll probably have a permanent position in the VFL team of the year.

I'm not sure how far he will fall, but Thomas North should be an absolute no-brainer at 64 if he is still there. If we're still looking for genuine mids at pick 64, then I'm not sure that there'll be a more rounded one left than Thomas North. A great name as well, which is always a bonus.

Agree re Thompson - will thrive in an AFL environment. As you said, a classic case of genuine footballer over athlete.

Knocks mainly on his skill and kicking but is hungry enough to work on the kicking aspect.

Has been spoken to by Sydney multiple times.

We're in dangerous territory now. Next year we'll be reaching the absolute end of players that were alive when we last won a premiership being able to be drafted.

I seen Cassidy Parish as a rookie list option only. Really solid contested footballer, but he pretty much refuses to kick because its really that bad. Also quite slow at decision making which results in him getting caught pretty often. He is raw and no doubt some talent there.

I seen Cassidy Parish as a rookie list option only. Really solid contested footballer, but he pretty much refuses to kick because its really that bad. Also quite slow at decision making which results in him getting caught pretty often. He is raw and no doubt some talent there.

Plus I don't need 10 years of "Darcy Parish to North" posts.

Agree re Thompson - will thrive in an AFL environment. As you said, a classic case of genuine footballer over athlete.

Knocks mainly on his skill and kicking but is hungry enough to work on the kicking aspect.

Has been spoken to by Sydney multiple times.

Totally agree on Charlie.

2017-11-10_09-16-19.png

His numbers:

Disposals : 29,26,29,32,32,16,21,25,43,13,22,18 = avg 25.5 disposals per game
Goals : avg 1.42 goals per game
2017-11-10_09-33-16.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back