Pies V Dogs: Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a game? Are we supposed to talk ourselves down????

HEY!!! Come on!

This game is in the bag, no doubt. This is the one we've been looking forward to. This is our percentage booster.

We all know it, why pretend otherwise? It's FOOTSCRAY for ****s sake! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mandy5

This game is in the bag, no doubt. This is the one we've been looking forward to. This is our percentage booster.

We all know it, why pretend otherwise? It's FOOTSCRAY for ****s sake! :rolleyes:

OI

You watch you're language! Even if this is the Pies board there are stray Dogs loitering around, like this one.

I reckon this could be a cracker. We did you in last time and probably should have the time before. But things are tough for us atm. Rocca always gets us. We will have trouble finding a match up for Tarrant. We have no reserve ruckman so Darcy will have to do it on his own and if you play McKee and Fraser you could plonk one forward while the other tires out Darce. I should shut up!

Our small forwards will test you as I think we match up well here. But one of the Pies strengths is their ability to win contested ball around the ground. We are trying to improve that side ofour game but only have a few players who could match the pIes there. I expect Pies to win but we could run you very close. For us to win we will need to be leading at 3/4 time by 157 points or more heartbreak :(

danger

This is a danger game. If we get the ball into our forward line fast you would think that Taz and Rocca would have a field day. If we stuff around with the ball they can hurt us as they are faster and more skilled, they just lack strenght and height.

They have been in better form than us and Sydney only ran over the top of them cos of the trip to Perth and the fact they had been up for weeks.

If we are going to play finals we have to win, simple as that but our form does not bode well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be a hard game for us, sure the Western Bulldogs are on the bottom of the ladder but they have been playing good football. Just not good enough to win, so this will be the game that Collingwood turns around it's season!

I am hoping to see some of the players that have been down, pick it up and play well. Then we should be able to win, guys like Didak, Molloy, and Rocca need to lift for the Pies. Once we get them into some form we should be alright. WE need to shut down West.

We generally perform well when there is no supporter expectation on us. The week before the St Kilda game people were tipping us to just scrape in...and look what we did.

Im not expecting it to happen, but it wouldnt suprise me to see us come out and absolutely pump the Dogs. We are a class above the bottom sides, its just the sides that are thereabouts we are battling with and we are getting no where near the top sides.

Johnson and Brown are the ones to watch, please dont have Johnno on Brown this time round! Clement is the man! We also need to limit Smiths and Murphys drive from the back half, perhaps Rupert will get the 'defensive forward' role. Didak will also need to be on his game putting lots of pressure on Murphy who is a very good player.
Josh will need to make Darcy accountable and keep sneaking down kicking those goals, and Taz and Rocca need to take full advatange of a weakened Dogs backline and kick multiples preferably with Rocca in the square and Taz floating.

Hopefully this will be the last time we have to play against Brown, although hes only really had one good outing against us in recent memory :)

It will be a 12 goal win for the Pies.

Kinnear and Tarrant will kick four each. Rocca and Davis will kick three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back