Prediction Player breakout predictions for your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping for Bailey Williams and Xavier O'Neill, now that Jarred Brander will have his break out season at GWS.

Bailey Williams is my pick for West Coast if he doesn’t get himself injured dunking basketballs on the eve of the season. (Not saying he shouldn’t be dunking
basketballs mind you, just that he should avoid getting himself injured.)

With Vardy gone he should get first crack at the 2nd ruck spot. Has such a great leap, he is one I am really excited for next year.

Every season there are breakout players, who will be at your club?

I'll nominate Hugo Ralphsmith for Richmond.
He looks a classy player to me who can play forward and kick long goals.
He was pick No. 46 in the 2019 draft, Debuted in Round 9, 2021.
6 games ,3 goals
Height 188 cm (6 ft 2 in)
Weight 83 kg (183 lb)

'Ralphsmith is a versatile player, featuring in various positions over two years with Richmond including as a wing, half-forward and half-back.

Hugo's father Sean played 34 matches over a seven-year Victorian/Australian Football League career with Hawthorn and St Kilda.'

View attachment 1276014
He's goin to be a star

Cooper Sharman (pick 21 mid season draft)

Rd 20 (medisub - 39% gametime): 8 disposals. 2 goals 1
Rd 21: 11 disposals. 5 marks. 2 goals 1
Rd 22: 10 disposals. 4 marks. 2 goals 1
Rd 23: 15 disposals. 6 marks. 4 goals 1

Keen to see what the kid can do with an actual preseason. Hopefully he was watching Fritsch GF day

Last edited:
There’s this older dude that plays for the swans. Some opp supporters don’t rate him but I Reckon he could be a star one day. Just needs to get a 1000 goals under his belt first.

Sam Switkowski, will get a good look in the midfield next year after Cerra leaving . Had a great couple of cameos in the Derby then Hawks (before getting injured).
Super quick and agile, intense pressure and very attacking with his ball use. Back training from his injury so looks like he will be able to have a clean pre-season

Every season there are breakout players, who will be at your club?

I'll nominate Hugo Ralphsmith for Richmond.
He looks a classy player to me who can play forward and kick long goals.
He was pick No. 46 in the 2019 draft, Debuted in Round 9, 2021.
6 games ,3 goals
Height 188 cm (6 ft 2 in)
Weight 83 kg (183 lb)

'Ralphsmith is a versatile player, featuring in various positions over two years with Richmond including as a wing, half-forward and half-back.

Hugo's father Sean played 34 matches over a seven-year Victorian/Australian Football League career with Hawthorn and St Kilda.'

View attachment 1276014

Temptation must have been high to name him Ralph Smith Ralphsmith

Rayner

Zac Bailey to reach elite status if he hasn't already

Dev Robertson is a chance

If I had to guess from the Swans I would say James Rowbottom. Was playing injured in 2021 but I think he is ready to have a break out season. A lot to like about him.

Willem Drew will add more attacking strings to his bow and become our best two way midfielder and a very important cog in our engine room. His hands in tight are a thing of beauty and as he gets more confidence in knowing when to run off his man, I can see him becoming quite a handy attacking weapon as well as being able to shut down the opposition's most important inside mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden and Warner could already make the claim they're established in the 22 when fit. Rowbottom to pick up where he left off, despite an injury impacted 2021, so had already kind of broken out previously. I think we'll still take it slow with McDonald, so for me it's either Campbell getting a consistent run of games and dazzling us with his foot skills, or Stephens re-emerging after a promising 1st year, disappointing (at AFL level) 2nd year. Marc Sheather a smokey.
Big wraps on Gulden for this year

He tore off the shrink wrap last season, but this year he's going to go full Lou Ferrigno!
And if you didn't know, now you know. Too big, too strong!

David Mundy

Adelaide: Chayce Jones
Brisbane: Jackson Payne
Carlton: Liam Stocker
Collingwood: Isaac Quaynor
Essendon: Brayden Ham
Fremantle: Hayden Young
Gold Coast: Ben Ainsworth
GWS: Tom Greene
Geelong: Sam Simpson
Hawthorn: Harry Morrison
Melbourne: Harrison Petty
North Melbourne: Charlie Comben
Port Adelaide: Martin Frederick
Richmond: Riley Collier-Dawkins
St Kilda: Josh Battle
Sydney: Chad Warner
West Coast: Bailey Williams
Western Bulldogs: Cody Weightman

I think Dees are hopeful that it's the season that Weideman eclipses Tom McDonald and becomes that long term go to key forward that we need as the bulk of our key forwards are 30+.

But as others have commented in the thread it's likely Sparrow or Jordon.
Weideman has played 6 seasons, I can remember one ok game, the rest he looked out of his depth. Doesn't even look up to VFL level. Not an AFL standard player and never will be.

Sydney Stack looks like he's got through his first full preseason unscathed (fingers crossed) and now with a more professional attitude he might just be ready to explode this year. Only 21.

Has more natural talent in his little finger than most mentioned here. One of the few who could win Mark of the Year and Goal of the Year in the one season. Main competition being Shai Bolton of course lol

Adelaide: Jones or Schoenberg
Brisbane: Rayner
Carlton: Stocker
Collingwood: Quaynor
Essendon: Jones
Fremantle: Switkowski
Gold Coast: Anderson
GWS: Tom Green
Geelong: Narkle
Hawthorn: Worpel
Melbourne: Pickett
North Melbourne: Powell
Port Adelaide: Duursma
Richmond: Daniel Rioli
St Kilda: Hunter Clark
Sydney: Warner
West Coast: Oscar Allen
Western Bulldogs: Bailey Williams

Might be some weird/obvious choices here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back