Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on?

Generally easier to run at the ball.
In my view.

Ofcourse he could be both. So far he isn’t a star In anything yet.

What I seen and lot more Chances for him making it as a Forward then Defender.

He can't help he gets s**t Delivery from the Mids

What I seen and lot more Chances for him making it as a Forward then Defender.

He can't help he gets s**t Delivery from the Mids
We have had such a small sample size of him as a defender. He looked ok when he went back there for a short period of time against Melbourne. We won’t know until he plays consecutive games there if he’ll make it or not.

We have had such a small sample size of him as a defender. He looked ok when he went back there for a short period of time against Melbourne. We won’t know until he plays consecutive games there if he’ll make it or not.

Though bit Rushed to think he be Good on him playing the Last Qtr there in the Last Game

And I hope that sample size stays small.

Buckley also said a couple of years ago that Reid would never play forward again. Take it with a grain of salt. Bucks should dig out the Sheedy manuel from the 80's. Bloke invented the swingman... If Moore bleeds goals then he will go forward or back to the VFL... Reid did a spell there... I am not against almoat any player having a Magoo run if they need it.
Having said that, Moore is gunna tear this season a new one. Rance will contruct a small alter in his locker, with a photo of Moore and an ever burning candle that emits a smell of Vic Park circa '75-81....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I get the feeling we are making these structural adjustments in anticipation of landing Lynch this year?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I hope you're wrong on that one, I really do. We need to be making structural adjustments based on the personnel that we have at our disposal, and their potential, but not structural adjustments based on potential personnel.

I hope you're wrong on that one, I really do. We need to be making structural adjustments based on the personnel that we have at our disposal, and their potential, but not structural adjustments based on potential personnel.
I tend to agree. It just feels like we are making changes so are ready for next year.

Agree. Got Grundy, Cox, Moore and Reid and want to play them all. Appears that we won't see all off Cox, Reid and Moore in the F50 positionally at the one time so either Reid or Moore needed go to defence. I think longer term Moore will be a forward/ruck but will watch the trial of him in defence with interest.

Agree. Got Grundy, Cox, Moore and Reid and want to play them all. Appears that we won't see all off Cox, Reid and Moore in the F50 positionally at the one time so either Reid or Moore needed go to defence. I think longer term Moore will be a forward/ruck but will watch the trial of him in defence with interest.

I'm keen to see the result as well, and I think you're right that Moore will ultimately play ruck and forward.

Still, I admit that I'm not sold on the wisdom of the move. My concern isn't so much about Moore's development, which might indeed benefit from a different role. And I'm less concerned about what the move will take away from our offence, which I think can be built around the combination of talls (Cox/Grundy, Reid) and small-medium players (WHE, Sidebottom, Elliott, Fasolo, some JDG, and also Stephenson at some stage). It is better ball movement and more forward 50 intensity (i.e. for multiple scoring opportunities) which will improve our forward line, not so much the presence of Darcy Moore.

Really, I think I'm more concerned about what the Moore shift will do to our defence. Our backline was surprisingly sturdy last year. Howe and Dunn were the pillars, but a nice synergy developed between all of the defensive elements as the season went on.

I'm keen to see the result as well, and I think you're right that Moore will ultimately play ruck and forward.

Still, I admit that I'm not sold on the wisdom of the move. My concern isn't so much about Moore's development, which might indeed benefit from a different role. And I'm less concerned about what the move will take away from our offence, which I think can be built around the combination of talls (Cox/Grundy, Reid) and small-medium players (WHE, Sidebottom, Elliott, Fasolo, some JDG, and also Stephenson at some stage). It is better ball movement and more forward 50 intensity (i.e. for multiple scoring opportunities) which will improve our forward line, not so much the presence of Darcy Moore.

Really, I think I'm more concerned about what the Moore shift will do to our defence. Our backline was surprisingly sturdy last year. Howe and Dunn were the pillars, but a nice synergy developed between all of the defensive elements as the season went on.

I'd argue that Dunn and Goldsack were the pillars, they allowed players like Howe to shine. This move to me seems to be more about swapping Moore and Goldsack in that mix. My concern would be the dilution of the pace in the defensive group as a consequence because the Sack's pace was a key element to it's effectiveness as a group in 2017. The potential shift of Varcoe back to a forward role further compounds that. Hopefully Murray stakes a claim early.

I'd argue that Dunn and Goldsack were the pillars, they allowed players like Howe to shine. This move to me seems to be more about swapping Moore and Goldsack in that mix. My concern would be the dilution of the pace in the defensive group as a consequence because the Sack's pace was a key element to it's effectiveness as a group in 2017. The potential shift of Varcoe back to a forward role further compounds that. Hopefully Murray stakes a claim early.

I won't diminish the role of the Sack last season: he was huge. I do maintain a view that Howe was a pillar, mostly because his kicks seemed to do so much to relieve the pressure. But to borrow your oft-used line, I'm happy to agree to disagree on that one...

I'll definitely agree on the pace problem, it was and remains a problem. I'm more optimistic about Murray than some, but he'll still take time to adjust even if he gets early games. Varcoe playing forward is a good move, on balance, but his attributes would be handy in the back half.

Reid is a All Australian CHB

Why do I get the feeling we are making these structural adjustments in anticipation of landing Lynch this year?

Because we are :)

Reid is a All Australian CHB
And Moore might become one.

It’s simple for me, what is best for the team overall?

And Moore will learn heaps from running at the ball too.

If it doesn’t work out he can play forward again.

One other thing, to me Moore could be an exceptional ruck but as we have Grundy he can do some ruck work when down back.

So potentially we have three monsters around the ground in the different parts of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back