Prediction Player claim Jarryd Blair 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Can people stop potting Blair for like a second?

In no shape or form is there any indication it was him that northpie spoke to yet so many of you can’t help but be little arseholes can you?
I guess now you know how Dave feels when you take shots at Aish.

Blair has a few more runs on the board though.
And yet given the two, I'd take Aish every game of the year.
I'd politely decline on JB at this stage of his career.
Would make a good VFL Captain.

And yet given the two, I'd take Aish every game of the year.
I'd politely decline on JB at this stage of his career.
Would make a good VFL Captain.
He’s the one next to the cup.
416DC29F-104B-470D-8E55-4B2983F89791.jpeg

He should have been retired two years ago, regardless of runs on the board.
Why would he retire when his body is good to go? It’s up to the club to decide who stays on the list.

But Stays as Bucks Loves Him
A premiership player deserves a little more respect than this. Wait until you are 48 Dave, and have only seen two flags. You might change your view of guys who achieve the ultimate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Good Guy but s**t Footballer then?
I don’t recall making any positive dispersions about his character either :p

At the risk of this becoming another Aish thread, I do mark him harshly because to me he had so much promise when he crossed to Collingwood and he hasn’t delivered. I’ve been scathing about his intensity and courage which I still don’t think he displays anywhere near consistently enough to make it. His ball use was very good when he crossed but I haven’t seen it at Collingwood consistently, and when he has shown his ability (the match vs Gold Coast at Etihad in late 2016 being one I was very impressed with) it’s led me to question why he isn’t getting that out of himself consistently. As I think I’ve said elsewhere, I don’t like the thought of carrying him into 2019 if he doesn’t show marked improvement this year because even though he is a spring of eternal promise, I’d rather see someone showing greater signs of intent and desire on the list. For me he doesn’t seem to want it enough.

We can do this ad nauseum but my most recent thoughts, where you threw up about seven names and I made a comparison against each and every one are already widely available and don’t need to clog up this thread.

Why would he retire when his body is good to go? It’s up to the club to decide who stays on the list.
I said he should have been retired, meaning he should have been forced out.

Both men overcame plenty of adversity and deserve RESPECT!
Plenty of average players play in premierships. I respect that Blair played his role in 2010, and I’m thankful for that, but it doesn’t make him immune from criticism, and doesn’t make him AFL standard. He should have been gone 2 years ago. He is incredibly lucky to still be an AFL player given the s**t he’s dished up for the past 3-4 years.

Plenty of average players play in premierships. I respect that Blair played his role in 2010, and I’m thankful for that, but it doesn’t make him immune from criticism, and doesn’t make him AFL standard. He should have been gone 2 years ago. He is incredibly lucky to still be an AFL player given the s**t he’s dished up for the past 3-4 years.
That’s fine, but I don’t understand why you would then want to go and cast dispersions on his character, which is what you were called out for to begin with?

Show it then.
You do know you aren’t the final arbiter on respect- just so you know.

But thank you for the reminder - we all
Need a reminder from time to time.

On Blair we do.

Criticise by all means but he shouldn't be a figure of ridicule (not saying you do this but plenty do).

I would hate to be that, but I will comment on it when I want to. No disrespect intended to you, but Blair cops an unkind whack at times. IMO, it's unfair given his great service to the club.

At the end of the day we are a club, and are only as great as the some of our parts. Blair is an important part and history will show that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back