Prediction Player claim - Sweeper

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Five years in the game for 35 games says it all for me, has had a horrific run with injury. Had 14 games this year for some continuity, for mine lacked poise and clarity in decision making, was panicked too often with the ball. Can’t blame him, would lack a bit of confidence given he hasn’t had much game time and has been cursed by injury. Couple that with the pressure on the club last year ...he wasn’t the only one making mistakes.

Anyway, I expect next year to be his break out year and I expect it to be down back as his nick name suggests. His skills, and speed will be a handy addition on the last line.

I like the idea of him running off a back flank, i must say. He has some toe, and playing in a couple of positions might help him find the ball more and build confidence.

Have a good '18, Broomy.
That’s the thing, I think some players can get lost on the field running patterns and know where to be. Half back or pocket a lot easier to know your role.

These player claims are great! Every player is either going to have a "breakout" year, or is about to hit their creative peak. November optimism is what gets us through year after year of mediocrity.

Broomhead showed more 3 years ago as a crumbing forward than he did this season. His career is on the line, shape up or he's gone.

These player claims are great! Every player is either going to have a "breakout" year, or is about to hit their creative peak. November optimism is what gets us through year after year of mediocrity.

Broomhead showed more 3 years ago as a crumbing forward than he did this season. His career is on the line, shape up or he's gone.
Unfortunately he's a mid/forward with too many ahead of him in that spot.

The Broom will sweep it up next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First and foremost, I only want defenders who can actually defend. When did Broomy acquire this skill?

First and foremost, I only want defenders who can actually defend. When did Broomy acquire this skill?
Varcoe, Crisp, Aish and any number of others proposed down back didn’t have a degree in defending but were still trialled. Leon Davis another... Ramsay can’t defend either...give him a shot I say, simplify the game for him, you never know what could happen

Varcoe, Crisp, Aish and any number of others proposed down back didn’t have a degree in defending but were still trialled. Leon Davis another... Ramsay can’t defend either...give him a shot I say, simplify the game for him, you never know what could happen
I agree he should be give a chance but by Ramsay I'm pretty sure you mean Smith. Varcoe was always a strong tackler though and was trialled down there by Geelong before us and Crisp started his career at half back with the Lions.

I agree he should be give a chance but by Ramsay I'm pretty sure you mean Smith. Varcoe was always a strong tackler though and was trialled down there by Geelong before us and Crisp started his career at half back with the Lions.
But they all at one point or another were given an opportunity...except as you say Crisp. No I meant Ramsay, for me not the best 1v1.

Major difference being all those other players are/were good 1v1 even playing forward or midfield. Not a strength of Broomy's who plays pretty unaccountable footy. Fasolo the only one of recent times who has surprised me with how well he went when trialled in defence but even he plays with a lot more physicality than Broomy.

Major difference being all those other players are/were good 1v1 even playing forward or midfield. Not a strength of Broomy's who plays pretty unaccountable footy. Fasolo the only one of recent times who has surprised me with how well he went when trialled in defence but even he plays with a lot more physicality than Broomy.
Broomy is not soft, goes pretty hard.
The point is that I think he’s worth trialling down there, looks lost in the midfield and has not played well in the forward line either...which could be a function of the greater game plan being under done going forward.

Broomy is not soft, goes pretty hard.
The point is that I think he’s worth trialling down there, looks lost in the midfield and has not played well in the forward line either...which could be a function of the greater game plan being under done going forward.

I've never thought he was soft or suggested it. I also disagree he looks lost in the midfield any more so than any kid with under 50 games to his name. Thought this year his 13-14 games was the natural progression we should have seen in 2016 if not for his injury issues, expect further improvement again in 2018. Don't have an issue with him continuing as a forward - mid, nor do I see the need to shift him to defence just because he's not coming along as quick as a few seem to think he should. Happy for you to keep pushing that barrow, I just disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back