PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

all info greatly appreciated

My son is getting the old PS4 the current one I Then I’m getting a new PS4 pro for me

I’ve read that it’s rather straight forward

....I want to keep some games on the old one for my son and just transfer my games to the pro or does it have to be everything ?

Any help ....he wants to keep his rocket league ...and other games he plays like crew 2 and so on ...I just want my few games ...is this possible ? And do I need seperate psn accounts for 2 ps4’s...or can I use both ....hmmm

I’ll YouTube aswell

Thanks

Do you mean save files or actual games?

Any digital games will be in your library and you can download them onto any console when you log in... saved files can be placed onto a USB and moved onto a new console.

Thanks

Will the games I don’t transfer over stay the same b the old console

Hey.. anybody know how game sharing works on PS4? Have read a few pages on google but don't really get it.

Basically, i want to download and play a game my brother has purchased. If i sign into his PSN account on my PS4, but don't set it as the primary device for his account, can i still play games using his profile?

Astro have come up with their own controller. Both wired and wireless, however I assume it will be with a dongle (hehe) because Sony are funny about third parties using their Bluetooth technology. Looks good, less ‘tournament’ features than the Raiju and Nacon. Left stick and d-pad are interchangeable to be like a traditional PS controller or an Xbox controller. Catch is it’s coming in at $200 and assuming that’s USD.

Almost time to fire up the next gen rumour threads.

Not usually into watching, let alone sharing, these sorts of videos but this one neatly bundles everything together.

Breakdown of points with my thoughts in brackets:
- set for 2020 (everyone assumes this anyway)
- will be on a Ryzen CPU (they have already been going with AMD due to cost and Ryzen is AMD’s current line)
- VR built in (likely and not a long stretch, it will just be another processing unit on the same board)
- some of these games announced late will be PS5 launch titles (many don’t even have a release date so educated guess)
- backwards compatibility for late PS4 games (PS5 will be on same x86 architecture so in reality everything from PS4 should be playable on the PS5 but it may come down to the devs of said game patching it to work with/be optimised for newer hardware and firmware)
- price $500 USD (while the budget price got more PS4s into homes than Xbox One and even PS3 surely they won’t cut corners this time and will do it properly)
- locked 4K/60fps (doesn’t mean squat, what sort of quality? 4K/60 at medium-high settings currently takes a lot more than a $500USD PC. However consoles are optimised very well and Sony and Microsoft get their hardware built en masse for much cheaper than a consumer. Assuming the PS5 goes into production late 2019 then a stable 4K/60 med-high setting console might not be out of the question)

To add my two cents I would guess it will ship with 16gb ddr4 RAM and storage will be either m.2 or sata SSD. To keep cost down it will probably be only something small like 512gb or 1TB again but will be easily upgradable by the user. The 8 core multithreaded Ryzen CPU will allow the console to run more tasks simultaneously (games are starting to utilise more cores too) and the SSD will be a massive quality of life improvement from navigating the OS to game loading times.

Last edited:
Almost time to fire up the next gen rumour threads.

Not usually into watching, let alone sharing, these sorts of videos but this one neatly bundles everything together.

Breakdown of points with my thoughts in brackets:
- set for 2020 (everyone assumes this anyway)
- will be on a Ryzen CPU (they have already been going with AMD due to cost and Ryzen is AMD’s current line)
- VR built in (likely and not a long stretch, it will just be another processing unit on the same board)
- some of these games announced late will be PS5 launch titles (many don’t even have a release date so educated guess)
- backwards compatibility for late PS4 games (PS5 will be on same x86 architecture so in reality everything from PS4 should be playable on the PS5 but it may come down to the devs of said game patching it to work with/be optimised for newer hardware and firmware)
- price $500 USD (while the budget price got more PS4s into homes than Xbox One and even PS3 surely they won’t cut corners this time and will do it properly)
- locked 4K/60fps (doesn’t mean squat, what sort of quality? 4K/60 at medium-high settings currently takes a lot more than a $500USD PC. However consoles are optimised very well and Sony and Microsoft get their hardware built en masse for much cheaper than a consumer. Assuming the PS5 goes into production late 2019 then a stable 4K/60 med-high setting console might not be out of the question)

To add my two cents I would guess it will ship with 16gb ddr5 RAM and storage will be either m.2 or sata SSD. To keep cost down it will probably be only something small like 512gb or 1TB again but will be easily upgradable by the user. The 8 core multithreaded Ryzen CPU will allow the console to run more tasks simultaneously (games are starting to utilise more cores too) and the SSD will be a massive quality of life improvement from navigating the OS to game loading times.

Cant watch the video at the moment, but this is all just speculation yeah? Nothing actually confirmed by Sony?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant watch the video at the moment, but this is all just speculation yeah? Nothing actually confirmed by Sony?

Short answer: Yes.

But for a little bit of background, it's based on the post by a Reddit user who mentioned that Sony would be absent from E3 2019 the day before it was announced. When they were pressed on the issue they said they knew 'someone in the industry' and it was because Sony blew their load and the E3 just gone and have nothing new to show. After that people have been digging through the user's posts to see what else they might have said. Even if the user was just full of poo there is a good chance that a lot of the info could be correct because there aren't going to be any random rabbits pulled out of hats, the technology and anything else can easily be predicted.

It was known at least earlier this year that dev kits were sent around to developers. Given that the architecture will be x86 again, which is the same as current PCs, I wouldn't be surprised if the dev kits weren't much more than "hey, you'll be working with this much RAM, VRAM, processing power and this list of APIs" and then they will fine tune it once the console gets closer to production.

At least a few of the Playstation exclusives don't even have release dates yet and you don't need insider info to know that we're in the twilight of the generation. It's highly likely that some games like Ghost of Tsushima will be PS5 launch titles. They'll probably still come out on PS4 but the release will span the generation.

Sony really wants to keep pushing VR so it's understandable to assume that instead of having a separate box that they'll just put the processor on the same PS5 motherboard. I wonder though if they might launch separate PS5 versions, one with VR and one without to keep the RRP down. This would defeat the purpose of them wanting to push VR though.

I can't even remember where it was first mentioned that the PS5 will have a Ryzen CPU. It's just a known as far as I know. That's not a leap though. It's not new for Sony to stick AMD CPUs into the Playstation and Ryzen is AMD's current pet. The video presenter mentions 8 core Ryzen though and I'm not sure where he got that from but that probably isn't a leap either. If the PS5 were coming out in 6 months time then I'd say that it's maybe a bit of a stretch. There is a massive s**t fight between Intel and AMD at the moment in the PC sphere and without going into the specifics then an 8 core Ryzen CPU in a console by 2020 isn't too unbelievable. Either that or the guy has his wires crossed and by 8 cores he means 4 cores and 8 threads.

Going back to the Reddit user though who claims to have info, he also said that EA will delay Anthem again because it's not looking that great on current consoles, and they will push that for a PS5/next gen release as well. I was dubious about that claim though, even though it's not uncommon for anyone, especially EA or BioWare to delay anything, because according to this video (I'll put it in a spoiler at the end as to not make this discussion too convoluted) BioWare are pretty confident it is coming out 2019.

So long story short, yeah it's mostly speculation but we're at the time where the speculation begins. Sony have likely pulled out of E3 2019 because yes, they have nothing new to show, however they'll probably reveal the PS5 at their own event next year.

Video by Adam Matthew, former editor of Australian Playstation Magazine. He had a chat with Tom Singleton from BioWare and made a pretty positive video about the state of Anthem.

Last edited:
does anyone know how to change my NAT type on the PS4? I have a Telstra smart modem and it's affected party chats with friends and connections. I've asked Telstra but they apparently are unable to tell me how. I've tried searching how to do it but for some reason, I can't find the part I'm supposed to change.

does anyone know how to change my NAT type on the PS4? I have a Telstra smart modem and it's affected party chats with friends and connections. I've asked Telstra but they apparently are unable to tell me how. I've tried searching how to do it but for some reason, I can't find the part I'm supposed to change.

Changing NAT type isn’t so straight forward as this is determined by your modem. What is your current NAT type? If it’s type 2 (moderate) then it’s fine.

If you can find out your modem’s make and model you might be able to find the answer just by googling it. If you are NAT type 3 (strict) and you want to improve it then you need to enable port forwarding for your PS4, or just simply enable something called UPnP (it would be somewhere in your modem’s settings) which should automatically handle the port forwarding. If successful this should give you a NAT type 2. Some people go as far as putting their device in what is called the DMZ to achieve a NAT type 1 (open) but this is unnecessary and generally not advisable for security reasons.

Usually nat type is fixed by re-entering a party chat.

Changing NAT type isn’t so straight forward as this is determined by your modem. What is your current NAT type? If it’s type 2 (moderate) then it’s fine.

If you can find out your modem’s make and model you might be able to find the answer just by googling it. If you are NAT type 3 (strict) and you want to improve it then you need to enable port forwarding for your PS4, or just simply enable something called UPnP (it would be somewhere in your modem’s settings) which should automatically handle the port forwarding. If successful this should give you a NAT type 2. Some people go as far as putting their device in what is called the DMZ to achieve a NAT type 1 (open) but this is unnecessary and generally not advisable for security reasons.
For some reason it’s always NAT 3. I know they are finally doing NBN work in my suburb so not sure if that’s linked cause it wasn’t number 3 before?

For some reason it’s always NAT 3. I know they are finally doing NBN work in my suburb so not sure if that’s linked cause it wasn’t number 3 before?

It shouldn’t be. NAT type is tied to your modem. It’s how accessible your devices are from the internet. This is determined by your modem. Were you type 2 previously? It’s definitely worth accessing your modem and having a fish around. To access your modem the address is usually something like 192.168.0.1 while on your network. If that doesn’t work then try 192.168.1.1 (enter these in a browser. Sometimes depending on your particular modem you may need to be physically connected to it via PC/laptop with an Ethernet cable). You will need to know your modem’s username and password though. If you don’t know them then you’ve likely never changed them so looking up your modem’s make and model you should be able to find the default username and password. It’s usually just something like admin and admin.

From there you need to look around for something called UPnP (universal plug and play) and see if it’s enabled. If it’s not, then enable it, restart it, and check your NAT type again. It could be anywhere from settings to security or port forwarding. I find it strange that Telstra refused to help you. If you can’t find UPnP then try calling them again and instead of asking the broad question of changing your NAT type actually specifically ask how to enable UPnP on your modem.

It shouldn’t be. NAT type is tied to your modem. It’s how accessible your devices are from the internet. This is determined by your modem. Were you type 2 previously? It’s definitely worth accessing your modem and having a fish around. To access your modem the address is usually something like 192.168.0.1 while on your network. If that doesn’t work then try 192.168.1.1 (enter these in a browser. Sometimes depending on your particular modem you may need to be physically connected to it via PC/laptop with an Ethernet cable). You will need to know your modem’s username and password though. If you don’t know them then you’ve likely never changed them so looking up your modem’s make and model you should be able to find the default username and password. It’s usually just something like admin and admin.

From there you need to look around for something called UPnP (universal plug and play) and see if it’s enabled. If it’s not, then enable it, restart it, and check your NAT type again. It could be anywhere from settings to security or port forwarding. I find it strange that Telstra refused to help you. If you can’t find UPnP then try calling them again and instead of asking the broad question of changing your NAT type actually specifically ask how to enable UPnP on your modem.
Thanks for the detailed response. I’ve actually tried a lot of that but have searched everywhere and settings and can’t find UPnP anywhere. It’s really strange. That was my next port of call was to ask where that was.

Thanks for the detailed response. I’ve actually tried a lot of that but have searched everywhere and settings and can’t find UPnP anywhere. It’s really strange. That was my next port of call was to ask where that was.

Hard to know exactly what it looks like inside your modem settings. Might also be called something like automatic port forwarding.

View attachment 586850

Finally found it but it's already checked????

Should anything else be changed or do I need to port forward?

To port forward you have to assign your console to a fixed IP.

Otherwise next time you start your console the IP its on could change.

These are the ports needed for Playstation.

TCP: 1935, 3478-3480

UDP: 3478-3479, 3074

Remove this Banner Ad

Back