PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Prominent Capcom leaker released screenshots for the supposed Silent Hill game that's being developed by a Japanese studio. Hours later their account and tweets get handed copyright strikes from Konami.

Had posted this originally in another thread, but just saw them say that Sony is involved (This isn't the Bloober game) so thought it's better to throw it in here.

PSVR2 game?

7sWLmXZ.jpg

musXmH5.jpg

Gl5U44v.png

5KGXF2j.png

HSA6DNV.jpg

Playstation have released more info on the new service, not a bad list of PS4/PS5 games.

The PS1 and PS2 games aren’t doing a lot for me though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not much new for me personally to play on there but the quality of the service looks way better than I expected.

Finally will be able to download and play all my PS1/2/PSP games I've purchased before outside of the service on PS5 when they get added.

For reference: All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

It's a good list for those like me that don't buy/play games at launch. I'll get and play GoT, Death Stranding, Miles Morales, Returnal, Guardians of the Galaxy, 2K, Outer Wilds and Artful Escape for a tiny fraction of the price I would otherwise. But for those that do buy on launch it'll be underwhelming, as expected. Not a final list though.

For reference: All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

It's a good list for those like me that don't buy/play games at launch. I'll get and play GoT, Death Stranding, Miles Morales, Returnal, Guardians of the Galaxy, 2K, Outer Wilds and Artful Escape for a tiny fraction of the price I would otherwise. But for those that do buy on launch it'll be underwhelming, as expected. Not a final list though.

I saw Ubi+ classic collection being added to some Plus tiers but I can't find if actual Ubi+ is coming that includes new releases. Press Start worded it as Ubisoft+ is being added but it just sounds like the classic collection.

Looking at the first lot of mentioned games though many have been included in PS Plus previously, and many of the others were popular games that day one buyers as you mentioned would already have. The pessimist in me says that Sony are hardly going out on a limb here. My use case doesn't represent everyone though so I'm sure many would find value in it. For me, not really yet.

Happy to finally play Death Stranding. Don't think its a game I'll enjoy but want to give it a go. Certainly didn't want to pay for it though.

Looking at the first lot of mentioned games though many have been included in PS Plus previously, and many of the others were popular games that day one buyers as you mentioned would already have. The pessimist in me says that Sony are hardly going out on a limb here. My use case doesn't represent everyone though so I'm sure many would find value in it. For me, not really yet.
I think in general it's not going to hold much value for people who churn through a high quantity of games and have the drive and time to play things as soon as they launch. If you look at it through the lens of Game Pass it's a half-arsed attempt to earn some praise, but if you view it through the eyes of people picking up the console for the first time or that don't have the funds/time to pick games up frequently, it's miles better than what Sony had before.

Frankly, this isn't a Game Pass competitor and it never was - the only people referring to it as such have been media and hopeful consumers (or MSoft homers looking to stick the dagger in). For me, a PlayStation owner still working my way through games released in 2018, it's a welcome (and needed) expansion of the PS+ service, but nothing more. They will never compete with Game Pass, which is an astonishingly good service, but that is just one aspect of the comparison.

Happy to finally play Death Stranding. Don't think its a game I'll enjoy but want to give it a go. Certainly didn't want to pay for it though.

I think you will either sink 3hrs into it for 100hrs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar list to me to work through, so worth it. Taken me 18 months to work through the PS Plus Collection games that I hadn't played.

Is the PlayStation collection or whatever it's called for the ps5 disappearing?

No, they're just creating tiers for it, so it'd more like base gets one list, mid gets one with one refresh, premium gets one with 2 refreshes for then content dumps.

I saw Ubi+ classic collection being added to some Plus tiers but I can't find if actual Ubi+ is coming that includes new releases. Press Start worded it as Ubisoft+ is being added but it just sounds like the classic collection.

I don't buy new and hold no real interest in most titles that require massive time sinks or twitch movements as yay RA hands wooo, so my interest was puely in back catalogues as hey, it's a pain with the Vita and PSP, you're all same company just allow things to talk with same account yeah? So it was that and the "might as well try other genres to see how much it hates me" thing, but yeah current line ups are not instilling much in the way of do it now and is more a wait and see. As you say, it does seem a bit dipping a toe in as opposed to just going for that swim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back