Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

My exposure to Erasmus is fairly limited given lack of WA footage available to public, but from what I've seen he's a fairly agile midfielder with good stoppage craft and skills, as well as being one of those taller midfielders that's very good above head. As forward his leading patterns are impressive, obviously with that marking above his head being a strength he can play as a key despite his height, but that's at WAFL U19's level so not necessarily accurate to the next level.
Bangers, as a GWS supporter, if Magpies continue their woeful season and you snag pick 2 or 3, who are you taking given GWS list needs and talent available at the top end of the draft ? Assuming Daicos and Horne are the only guys off the board...

Bangers, as a GWS supporter, if Magpies continue their woeful season and you snag pick 2 or 3, who are you taking given GWS list needs and talent available at the top end of the draft ? Assuming Daicos and Horne are the only guys off the board...
The 4 guys I'd consider right now are Chesser, Callaghan, Gibcus and Sonsie. The 3 mids all bring something different but overall are going to add a touch of class and composure with our ball use going forward, right now it's really only Kelly that gives us that as a midfielder. Gibcus addresses what is currently our biggest list deficiency imo, we need a young KPD that projects to be best 22 and can use it well to go with Taylor. If our second pick ends up being 10-12 like I expect, it's Gibcus 100% for me and then pick up a mid like Erasmus or even Goater if the other 3 are gone

The 4 guys I'd consider right now are Chesser, Callaghan, Gibcus and Sonsie. The 3 mids all bring something different but overall are going to add a touch of class and composure with our ball use going forward, right now it's really only Kelly that gives us that as a midfielder. Gibcus addresses what is currently our biggest list deficiency imo, we need a young KPD that projects to be best 22 and can use it well to go with Taylor. If our second pick ends up being 10-12 like I expect, it's Gibcus 100% for me and then pick up a mid like Erasmus or even Goater if the other 3 are gone
Interesting you rate Gibcus that highly. Guess he fills an immediate need. I'd have thought Sinn might be in that mix but he's not played all that much so I guess he needs to show some form to be top 5. As a Hawks supporter I'm leaning towards Callaghan. Champs will sort the order out I Guess. Thanks for your input. GWS have a great opportunity to solidify their already amazingly talented list. If you guys are feeling charitable, I'm sure the Hawks are happy to take some of the talent off your hands. We've taken a few duds off your hands, would be nice to get a win some time.

Interesting you rate Gibcus that highly. Guess he fills an immediate need. I'd have thought Sinn might be in that mix but he's not played all that much so I guess he needs to show some form to be top 5. As a Hawks supporter I'm leaning towards Callaghan. Champs will sort the order out I Guess. Thanks for your input. GWS have a great opportunity to solidify their already amazingly talented list. If you guys are feeling charitable, I'm sure the Hawks are happy to take some of the talent off your hands. We've taken a few duds off your hands, would be nice to get a win some time.
Gibcus for me is in that pack of 6-8 chasing Daicos and Horne, where I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them go at pick 3. Sinn I do like, but I'm seeing him as more a defender at the next level and we've already got a few decent ones in the same mould like Ash and Cumming, with Fahey to come in as well

Who are the best overages in this years draft ?
Depends what you're looking for really, I quite like Saxon Crozier, Liam Conway and Luke Cleary for different reasons

PM, sorry, Mr Bangers... do you have your eye on any KPDs who are likely to go later in the draft? Or perhaps kids playing KPF as underagers who project better as defenders once they get into the system?

Depending where they finish, I’ll be genuinely surprised if GC don’t draft Gibcus. They need to bolster their KPP stocks.

PM, sorry, Mr Bangers... do you have your eye on any KPDs who are likely to go later in the draft? Or perhaps kids playing KPF as underagers who project better as defenders once they get into the system?
Please, we're besties, just call me Bangers 😎

It depends what you're looking for whether it be lock down are more intercept/ offensive KPDs. Two guys that are good leaps and strong above head are Caleb Lewis from Sandringham and Dominic Akeui from Northern (Carlton NGA), Jack Briskey from Brisbane is another athletic guy that's quite raw but promising if given the chance imo. I'm also a fan of Justin Davies from Dandenong as a more lockdown focused player that rarely gets beaten.

As for forwards that might benefit from a switch, Alex Lukic has had some, well a lot actually, issues in front of goals this season and seems to struggle finding ways to get involved, but is a really strong mark so a switch could see him come into contention

Depending where they finish, I’ll be genuinely surprised if GC don’t draft Gibcus. They need to bolster their KPP stocks.
That's why I'm constantly barracking against Collingwood and for Gold Coast 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chesser has also shown an ability to lift in important moments, im predicting he goes on to have an underrated career in a similar vein to cats pair Duncan and Guthrie
If you could lock in a career of either of those 2 with just about any pick youd take it.

Hence my eagerness to get him at the GIANTS 😛
There is a long way between predictions and performance.
I always chuckle when you read draftee plays like a combination of modern day great and other modern day great.
I expect him to go early second round.

I’d be very suprised if he drifted that far
Didn't mean him specifically, but you read all these reports on kids comparing them to someone amazing, than have their draft range in the 20's.
I remember one saying some kid being described as a Sam Mitchell clone and likely to go third round.
Can't be both! If he is Sam Mitchell he is a top pick.
I know they mean they have similarities to said player, still making the comparisons is always amusing to me.

Didn't mean him specifically, but you read all these reports on kids comparing them to someone amazing, than have their draft range in the 20's.
I remember one saying some kid being described as a Sam Mitchell clone and likely to go third round.
Can't be both! If he is Sam Mitchell he is a top pick.
I know they mean they have similarities to said player, still making the comparisons is always amusing to me.
It’s why I don’t like making player comparison, people want them but also complain about them at the same time. Can’t really win, anyway I meant that he would just become underrated not actually their playing style matches those underrated players.

It’s why I don’t like making player comparison, people want them but also complain about them at the same time. Can’t really win, anyway I meant that he would just become underrated not actually their playing style matches those underrated players.
Your comparison is perfect.
This is not the stuff I was talking about.

Last edited:
There is a long way between predictions and performance.
I always chuckle when you read draftee plays like a combination of modern day great and other modern day great.
I expect him to go early second round.
I do miss when Spencer White, the next Buddy Franklin, went at pick 34-ish

David Kings draft night comparisons are elite

Let him go for..everytime he say something on geelong it comes back and bites him.

anyway...watched a bit of the Falcons rebels game online today... Wanted to have a look at the local kid they brought in as FF but liked a couple of others. How tall is a couple of the blonde kids playing for the Falcons. 26 and 28 Knevitt and Northam

How do they stack as draft prospects?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back