POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The question for me is why anyone would get offended at kneeling?

Who sees someone making a statement towards equality and gets upset by it? I cant figure it out.

How does kneeling represent equality? Serfs kneel, yes?

Are conservatives seeing it as some sort of attack? Help me out here..

Not an attack, a senseless gesture, what comes next?
Also allow for personal choice on this, if you want to kneel knock yourself out.

Im a straight, middle class white male. Im not the subject in this discussion. I am happy to concede that I dont understand how much sh*t other Aussies have to put up with daily and im glad the winds are shifting. Slowly.

But damn, this is one of those times where i just cant understand how the 'other side' think.

"When one is used to privilege, equality can seem like oppression"

This is a fair enough comment, I take your point. The problem is a lot of us could not give a f... about the issue really, we are leading our lives, paying
our taxes, do none harm. Whats wrong with that? You dont need to understand why some people wont kneel etc, its just not for us/them. Personal choice.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Players looked uncomfortable. Do I need to go and find the images/video for you?
I think you've already conceded that not all players would have wanted to do this and I think that makes for common sense.

Using this poll one in three would sooner not had to kneel, but they had to. Is this fair?
Players looked uncomfortable? According to you?

Thanks Perry Mason, case closed.

Well said. No one has earned the right to have me - and you - kneel to him. The serfs can do it. We'll stand on our feet.

Are you saying roughly 70% of people who voted in the poll are agricultural workers from the middle ages?

Players looked uncomfortable? According to you?
Thanks Perry Mason, case closed.

It's certainly not an argument I can prove, any more than you can disprove it.......but yes, the onus is on me.

Tell me honestly what you take out of all those photos? Honestly.
I can't provide you all the videos, but if you want go back to each game and tell me what you see.

Again; Law of averages (see poll) will lead an open mind to confidently suggest that not all players bought into doing this, but they had to do it.
No choice afforded.

What do you think?

Oswald Spengler would describe them as the modern masses :)

If god is dead, then some need to find a new home :)

yes my landlord of course

when they want your wallet for reparations are you okay with that?

Kneeling offends me as I am not a serf.

Well said. No one has earned the right to have me - and you - kneel to him. The serfs can do it. We'll stand on our feet.

You guys are a crackup. I cant tell if you are taking the piss or not. "I am not a serf" lol careful the king doesn't hear you talking like that.

It's certainly not an argument I can prove
No, so why you keep pushing it as fact is a bit baffling.
Again; Law of averages (see poll) will lead an open mind to confidently suggest that not all players bought into doing this, but they had to do it.
No choice afforded.
No, there's nothing that said they had to do it and weren't given a choice. You're assuming the point again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's certainly not an argument I can prove, any more than you can disprove it.......but yes, the onus is on me.

Tell me honestly what you take out of all those photos? Honestly.
I can't provide you all the videos, but if you want go back to each game and tell me what you see.

The onus is on you... and you keep squibbing it. Which player in those photos do you think looks uncomfortable about what they are doing?

No choice afforded.

What do you think?

Sure, I'm sure not all the players had an interest in doing this.

But did they HAVE to do it? That they chose to do it without wanting to or without caring about it either way is not evidence that they were forced, that they had no choice.

Why do you persist with this line without any evidence?

The onus is on you... and you keep squibbing it. Which player in those photos do you think looks uncomfortable about what they are doing?

But did they HAVE to do it? That they chose to do it without wanting to or without caring about it either way is not evidence that they were forced, that they had no choice.

Well, what I'd consider common sense would lead me to this conclusion and maybe what you consider to be common sense would lead you to a conclusion where every player wanted to be part of 'kneeling for a cause'.

We can take things off the rails in many different directions at this point in time and I can only see the way I see things, from the start point of a neutral view.

On our board (Carlton) I applauded Docherty for not making this about what was happening in America, but for what was happening to Eddie Betts.
Listen to that one minute interview and you'll see what I mean. He kept it 'real'

Well, what I'd consider common sense would lead me to this conclusion and maybe what you consider to be common sense would lead you to a conclusion where every player wanted to be part of 'kneeling for a cause'.

Except I quite clearly have not said that at all. So why are you putting words in my mouth?

We can take things off the rails in many different directions at this point in time and I can only see the way I see things, from the start point of a neutral view.

On our board (Carlton) I applauded Docherty for not making this about what was happening in America, but for what was happening to Eddie Betts.
Listen to that one minute interview and you'll see what I mean. he kept it 'real'

The idea that your perspective is the "neutral" perspective is deluded.

Except I quite clearly have not said that at all. So why are you putting words in my mouth?
The idea that your perspective is the "neutral" perspective is deluded.

Not at all. I have no political affiliations.

My profile would read me as being left but what people say and what they do are two very, very different things. Objectivity is hard, but I'm trying. You?

Not at all. I have no political affiliations.

My profile would read me as being left but what people say and what they do are two very, very different things. Objectivity is hard, but I'm trying. You?
I'm trying hard for objectivity. That's why I keep asking you to provide evidence for your unproven claims. Maybe you should try harder to prove them?

In your own words you are halfway there. Now just take what you wrote a little further.

I'm trying hard for objectivity. That's why I keep asking you to provide evidence for your unproven claims. Maybe you should try harder to prove them?

Good on you if this is true.

1. There are statistics that prove certain things but somehow the left doesn't seem to arm itself with stats but squeezes the emotions
2. Some things are obviously subjective though and I know what I saw through the kneeling ceremonies. Some saw different and that's fine.

For me - I don't like a 'let's pretend and things will get better' world. There is no meat on that bone. It's vacuous

In your own words you are halfway there. Now just take what you wrote a little further.
I'll take it further if there is evidence to do so. There are many reasons why people do things that they don't care about or don't want to do. It doesn't necessarily mean they were forced. I wouldn't make that claim without some sort of evidence.

Back