Expansion Will you stop supporting your current team for Tasmania?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockzy

Debutant
Nov 5, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Whyalla Football Club
I’m South Australian so would never support any other team than the crows but if I was born in Tassy I’d definitely think about it so will any members and fans of the current 18 clubs move on to supporting the new Tasmanian team?

If a team was created in a certain border town on the Murray I'd likely swap allegiances for the purposes of home games.

Aside from that I would probably treat it like a Mormon marriage and be in love with more than 1 life partner.

Most tassimites have a Victorian club they follow which is embedded.

A ridiculous plan by Gil. He won’t be around to see the damage it’ll do to the league.
Although there are many people at the Gabba who support the Lions except against their own side.

Yeah, Round 1 2027, I am full team Tasmania.
Have loved my Bombers my whole life, and they'll always be my second favourite team.
But I have wanted a Tasmanian team since I was a kid, I cannot wait to take my children to the footy to support their local AFL team.
This feels like a dream!

edit: Shane Heard you're wrong.

I'll still follow Brisbane but I'll get a Tassie membership and go to the footy regularly to support them.

Have loved my Bombers my whole life, and they'll always be my second favourite team.
But I have wanted a Tasmanian team since I was a kid, I cannot wait to take my children to the footy to support their local AFL team.
This feels like a dream!

This kind of response is pretty heart-warming TBH.

I'm glad it is happening and I hope it is a member controlled club.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A ridiculous plan by Gil. He won’t be around to see the damage it’ll do to the league.

I think Gil knows how bad an idea it is but he's a populist who cavsd when it became such a trendy cause. The sad thing is now they've got their way 90 % of the people hysterically screaming for a team in Tassie will lose interest and move on while real AFL fans will be left to suffer with the talent pool spread thinner and more unmwatchable matches

I plan to still support Richmond but will be a full Tasmanian member. There's every chance I might change once I start attending but I doubt it. From those I've talked to it seems probably a bit of 50% claim they'll stay with their current team but pretty much all plan to attend the Tassie games.

The key is all the kids will be supporting it so the parents will go regardless of who they support.

It's not exactly the same situation, but most of us South Australian football fans switched our primary interest from SANFL clubs (and even VFL clubs) when the Adelaide Footy Club was founded and we joined the national competition. That bodes well for the new club's ability to attract fans with existing allegiances.

This feels like a dream!

If I barracked for Essendon I would do exactly the same.

Going to tag you in every time the club has a success.

7NvC.gif

Absolutely, I have chopped up my membership just this morning actually.
I am excited and fully on board.
I, for one, welcome our new two headed overlords.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back