POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that it can be seen through this thread the lack of intelligence that you have shown but if calling me dumb makes you happy go for it
You have no valid points so all you do is insult others' intelligence.

Why don't you try constructing an argument instead of the strawman s**t you've been posting?

A young mother leaves behind her husband and 3 year old son after she was brutally murdered for saying All Lives Matter.

No outcry for this lady though. Don't think anyone will be kneeling for her either.

Could more be done? Probably, and I don't dispute that.
I mean, you've essentially been doing that in a different context.

If you agree more could be done, what point are you arguing in this thread? That's essentially what you've been disputing

I thought the kneeling was a good thing, and it raise awareness and discussion in the community about Aboriginal deaths in custody.

I always find it interesting how those from the far right vigorously demand their right to 'free speech' even when it involves making blatantly racist statements (think Bolt and Jones et al), yet when others want to make a completely reasonable, peaceful and uniting gesture that is at odds with their extremist right wing views, they howl with offence, want to stop it, and won't shut up about it. That this thread has now reached 100 paged of mainly offended righties, angrily demanding that the freedoms of others be curtailed is testament to that.
They're a tiny but extremely noisy minority who get deeply offended by anyone from the middle ground expressing even the most moderate and reasonable opinion that is at odds with their own twisted world view. If they hadn't been emboldened by the Murdochs, Abbotts and Trumps, of this world, they and their nasty small mindedness and pea heartedness would still be living under a log.

Did it? How are Aboriginal people currently dying at a higher rate than other groups in Australian custody?
I'm not engaging with someone from the tiny but very noisy and super whingey far right minority.
But if you really must know, it's probably got something to do with rates of incarceration. Pretty obvious I would have thought. But please don't let me challenge your belief that the world should revolve around you, and the insatiable feelings of entitlement that inevitably follow.
Whinge on.

I'm not engaging with someone from the tiny but very noisy and super whingey far right minority.
But if you really must know, it's probably got something to do with rates of incarceration. Pretty obvious I would have thought. But please don't let me challenge your belief that the world should revolve around you, and the insatiable feelings of entitlement that inevitably follow.
Whinge on.
Wow, you are very angry :)

Whinge on.

Does that have anything to do with high rates of offending?

The real irony with all this BLM bringing up reparations for slavery is that the new modern day slave is actually the White Man. Slave to tax's, debt, alimony and the law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real irony with all this BLM bringing up reparations for slavery is that the new modern day slave is actually the White Man. Slave to tax's, debt, alimony and the law.

Yeah it's interesting how only white men are affected there. Crazy stuff.

I mean, you've essentially been doing that in a different context.

If you agree more could be done, what point are you arguing in this thread? That's essentially what you've been disputing
Because you could offer certain people the world and they still won't take up the opportunity.

Eventually, they are the ones that need to want to change. The more people tell them they need to change, the more defensive people get and they refuse to.

How much money, time, etc.. do you need to throw at the issue to realise that unless they want to change from within it will amount to nothing?

I thought the kneeling was a good thing, and it raise awareness and discussion in the community about Aboriginal deaths in custody.

I always find it interesting how those from the far right vigorously demand their right to 'free speech' even when it involves making blatantly racist statements (think Bolt and Jones et al), yet when others want to make a completely reasonable, peaceful and uniting gesture that is at odds with their extremist right wing views, they howl with offence, want to stop it, and won't shut up about it. That this thread has now reached 100 paged of mainly offended righties, angrily demanding that the freedoms of others be curtailed is testament to that.
They're a tiny but extremely noisy minority who get deeply offended by anyone from the middle ground expressing even the most moderate and reasonable opinion that is at odds with their own twisted world view. If they hadn't been emboldened by the Murdochs, Abbotts and Trumps, of this world, they and their nasty small mindedness and pea heartedness would still be living under a log.
You know it's the left who want to censor everything right? Only have to look at the 'cancel culture' which is infecting the world since the BLM started up a month ago.

Utterly ridiculous.

People are allowed to say they disagree with the kneeling (I personally neither support it or think they shouldn't do it, I simply don't care), that's free speech. If they tried to cancel it then that's a different story.

The only people I see are the far left who are trying to censor everything they disagree with, which makes them absolutely no different from the people they protest about, albeit with a difference in what they value.

Both sides are pathetic.

Because you could offer certain people the world and they still won't take up the opportunity.

Eventually, they are the ones that need to want to change. The more people tell them they need to change, the more defensive people get and they refuse to.
Yeah, sure, but the groups you're talking about have been working in society where they have (and continue) to be discriminated against in many of the fundamental areas of society, like education, housing and law enforcement.

You say yourself that more could be done, why not focus on those issues instead of demanding more of discriminated groups?

You know it's the left who want to censor everything right? Only have to look at the 'cancel culture' which is infecting the world since the BLM started up a month ago.

Both sides are pathetic.
Ah, you're an enlightened centrist.

Utterly ridiculous.

People are allowed to say they disagree with the kneeling (I personally neither support it or think they shouldn't do it, I simply don't care), that's free speech. If they tried to cancel it then that's a different story.

The only people I see are the far left who are trying to censor everything they disagree with, which makes them absolutely no different from the people they protest about, albeit with a difference in what they value.

Both sides are pathetic.
The 'right' love to censor people just as much as the 'left', just ask Yassmin Abdel-Magdied or anyone that dares to criticise Anzac Day or Australia Day or any one of a litany of issues. The only difference is the right have always been more effective in weaponising culture wars. The fact you think this is a 'left' problem shows just how easy it is to manipulate some people.

Last edited:
Yeah, sure, but the groups you're talking about have been working in society where they have (and continue) to be discriminated against in many of the fundamental areas of society, like education, housing and law enforcement.

Show me some examples of current discrimination.

You say yourself that more could be done, why not focus on those issues instead of demanding more of discriminated groups?
How much time and money do you want to waste on people who don't want to change? You can't force them, they tried that for the last 200 years and it was deemed 'racist'.

No, I don't identify as leftist, right or centrist because you close yourself off to others' opinions and feel it's fine to label others who you disagree with, like you just did.

The 'right' love to censor people just as much as the 'left', just ask Yassmin Abdel-Magdied or anyone that dares to criticise Anzac Day or Australia Day or any one of a litany of issues. The only difference is the right have always been more effective in weaponing culture wars. The fact you think this is a 'left' problem shows just how easy it is to manipulate some people.
Personally I couldn't give 2 shits about Australia day but ANZAC day is sacred for so many people in this country that it was the wrong platform for Yassmin to bring up an issue completely irrelevant to honouring our dead vets. People use it as a day to celebrate and mourn loved ones so to try to link it to something unrelated was poor judgment on her part.

Having said that, the furore she received was way over the top and she certainly didn't deserve the vitriol she received from a bunch of incensed, frothing at the mouth, bogans, which wasn't helped by the intense spotlight the media put on her for clicks.

The treatment she received was unjust and unfair for what really wasn't much so no wonder she left the country.

Do it on Australia day and the mouth breathers would've had too many other things to get offended over, such as Invasion day protests.

Show me some examples of current discrimination.
I posted multiple studies earlier in this thread about the poorer outcomes and discrimination faced by indigenous Australians with regards to health, education and the law.

How much time and money do you want to waste on people who don't want to change? You can't force them, they tried that for the last 200 years and it was deemed 'racist'.
...******* wow. Yes, mate. Forcing people off their lands, using them as slave labour, slaughtering them, denying them the chance to use their own language and perform their own customs, taking children from a group based on their race is racist. No quotation marks needed.

The fact that you post that and refer to programs for Indigenous Australians as "wasting money" says a bit

No, I don't identify as leftist, right or centrist because you close yourself off to others' opinions and feel it's fine to label others who you disagree with, like you just did.
Yeah of course, no political affiliation, just coincidentally rattles off conservative talking points and whines about "the left".

I posted multiple studies earlier in this thread about the poorer outcomes and discrimination faced by indigenous Australians with regards to health, education and the law.

I missed them, feel free to link so I can read.

...******* wow. Yes, mate. Forcing people off their lands, using them as slave labour, slaughtering them, denying them the chance to use their own language and perform their own customs, taking children from a group based on their race is racist. No quotation marks needed.

The fact that you post that and refer to programs for Indigenous Australians as "wasting money" says a bit

Nice way to misconstrue my words.

Of course all those things over the last couple of hundred years were racist, I'm certainly not denying that.

I'm not saying those programs tailored to aboriginals in regards to education, entering the workforce, etc. are a waste of money. Hell, I even ran one for Accor hotels a couple of times a few years ago so I see the value in them. I'm simply saying that "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink". I experienced that as the one responsible for facilitating the program for a couple of years.

I would also say that it was unfortunate and disappointing to people whom I hired directly through those programs start off really well, then just disappear off the radar all together or simply chuck in the towel after being given a great opportunity.

There were, of course, other cases of continued success and those people wouldn't be where they are if they weren't given the opportunity through the program. It's just unfortunate that those few are in the minority so, you see, I have first hand experience, albeit not major, at giving opportunity in the workforce to indigenous people and having them throw it away because a lot of them don't want to work, for various reasons.

It may also surprise you to know the low regard the successful ones hold them it because it gives them 'a bad name'.

Yeah of course, no political affiliation, just coincidentally rattles off conservative talking points and whines about "the left".

The right pisses me off just as much but there's a lot more whiny 'lefties' in this thread who are more concerned with posting feelings over facts.

Maybe in the past but I'd suggest especially in education and law enforcement massive improvements have been made in the last couple of decades.

I missed them, feel free to link so I can read.
If you want to have this discussion, click my name as one of the contributors to this thread, they're not hard to find.

Nice way to misconstrue my words.

Of course all those things over the last couple of hundred years were racist, I'm certainly not denying that.
Then what did you mean by your 200 years comment? You had a chance to explain it but went on an anecdote from Accor hotels.

The right pisses me off just as much but there's a lot more whiny 'lefties' in this thread who are more concerned with posting feelings over facts.
Haha, mate you dead set read from the enlightened centrist playbook.

"Oh I hate racism and bigotry, sure, but lefties are whiny and that's what I'd like to focus on".

Back