Opinion POLL: Wear them in the Showdown anyway? Your opinion.

Wear the Prison Bars in the Showdown and cop the punishment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Play the long game, the wind is blowing at our backs at the moment. Opposition is mainly coming from crows people & not as many Collingwood people as Eddie may think. No way should we jeopardise 4 pts.

Although keep in mind, if we do wear the bars and they do dock us points, that would make headlines all around the world, and then the AFL would look like absolute jerks in the eyes of every other sporting code in the world who will be bewildered as to why we weren’t allowed to wear a jumper.

Would it?

I've got a solution.

Wear the bars in the granny
Game video:
Down at 3QT.
Hinkley gives a "this is your time" speech.
Cut to box in middle of the room.
Enter Arsene Wenger WGT and Timmy G.
Box opens, prison bars held up triumphantly (D2: The Mighty Ducks style).
Q4 Janus Total Football™
Premiership photo in the bars

Let’s wait for the return game against the Crows which will be in later rounds I’m assuming. By then, we will know whether we can afford to drop 4 points if we a lock to finish in the top 4

They were just found guilty of systemic racism and the AFL is still telling us to gagf.

me have to be clever, we know the state of the play. We know fixtures are biased, coverage biased,umpiring, so what do we do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no point doing it this way.

mid we embarrass the AFL they’ll just double down and really fu** us hard.

Do our research, take it to court. Get them on the stand.
Yep you gotta pick ya battles, I'm not particularly confident we have the right people at the top to make things happen at this point in time tbh so even more important to tread with purpose not ride emotion.

me have to be clever, we know the state of the play. We know fixtures are biased, coverage biased,umpiring, so what do we do?
This s**t sandwich we're getting served isn't exactly a new flavour. What have we been doing? Has there been any improvement?

Has Collingwood as a club been in a culturally weaker state or so low in public opinion since we've been in the league than now? Push the issue.

No, we just need to keep exposing Collingwood garbage, win by intellect
doesn’t help with the massive intellect named rowey is interviewing Eddie on our behalf

ya would think a journalist would do some background work, nah not rowey just agreed with everything

now all we have is sound bites of McGuire s**t canning our club.

we need rucci to interview the prick and shove some facts down his gob

There’s no point doing it this way.

If we embarrass the AFL they’ll just double down and really fu** us hard.

Do our research, take it to court. Get them on the stand.
I’d love to shove it up the AFL, but Can u imagine what the pricks would do to us, all s**t game times, bigger dry rooting by the umps, every game with a 5 day break.

i Still can’t work out why we haven’t heard from gill the dill

I'm incredibly torn on this. Time to list the pros and cons of wearing it.
Pros:
* We see the bars again
* We show we don't give a * about what the AFL/Collingwood has to say about it
* Big slap in the face to Eddie
* We're probably good enough that 4 points wouldn't affect us
* Whatever punishment we get makes the AFL/Collingwood looks petty/childish/bad/whatever ******* negative adjective you could think of
Cons:
* We could "what happen power" and that 4 points ends up costing us big time
* The AFL backflip and give us a higher punishment
* If we lose the game the argument goes to "focus on footy not the jumper"
Very torn but I think I'm leaning slightly in favour of wearing it.

No.

If they can use the legal system to get it done then absolutely go down that path and yes.

Players coaches careers hang on 4 points.

Corporate Sponsors also watch how we handle this.

Though the court’s tough and smart.

Dummy spit weak and short sighted.

Back