Poll - what shall we do with our willie

We should ______ our willie

• Caitlyn jenner him - get rid of our willie

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Chastity belt - cage our willie with drug testing and a suspension

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • Go the ben cousins with our willie - remove all hair erase all evidence

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Go catholic - dont play with our willie (till next year)

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Go nudist - accept that willie can be a dick and move on like collingwood did with swan.

Votes: 77 65.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
whats to be done?

i compare what collyflog did with swan

swan beat a guy so badly he has a permanent brain injury.

He then didnt pay the compo he was supposed to.

willie had some weed which should be legal -most people under the age of boomer understand this.

its about as performance enhancing as scomo is a turn on for women - fcuk off get around him.
Leave willy alone

Last edited:

As long as the players and coaches are on board, he stays. We want him back playing with us, not playing against us.

He is definitely on two strikes, he can’t * up again. If the playing group are in then he stays.

Cut him loose. Any adult who thinks trafficking drugs through an airport is a smart idea without even a surfboard bag is not the full slab. 🤦🏻‍♂️

As well as the trust of his teammates, he has to agree to:

Counselling of some sort
Move to Perth ASAP with his partner and kids
Weekly (or whatever) drug tests (with AFLPA etc approval)

If his teammates don't want him (which would be fully within their rights), then he's gone regardless of the above.

Assuming he has the trust of his teammates, I've gone with the Men in Tights style chastity belt option.

As I said in the main thread last night, get him back to Perth ASAP, give him some structure but take an AFL return in 2021 off the table. We've got a perfectly good WAFL team he can play in. For those questioning Willie's motivation taking this route, Willie is lucky to have a job right now. He doesn't get to call the shots. His job is to stay clean, show up to training and games and play hard, which he can do playing WAFL.

We aren't exactly dealing [oops ] with a Ben Cousins here are we? The Fuc#ing West Rag sprays two years jail and huge fine on its little headline grabber.Its not meth its not performance enhancing.This is a guy whos fought his way to the top via a lot of hard work.He does seem [ heres that word again ] a little naive and its certainly not a good look for a professional sportsman.
I certainly couldnt watch a game where he plays against the Eagles.Rest assured if the AFL dont sanction him but WCE dump him;then there will be a stampede to recruit him with sanctimonious clamouring about rehabilitation and solid club support.
Kick his arse but keep him.We LOVE Willie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut him loose. Any adult who thinks trafficking drugs through an airport is a smart idea without even a surfboard bag is not the full slab. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Hes a fqn footy player not a rocket surgeon

I'm over my outrage at Willy's shonky shenanigans, and have moved on.
With the guidelines set out by the club, testing etc..he's back in the fold
with 1 strike left!
The proviso is he has to play out of his skin in finals and beyond if we get there!
No pressure...

I def want to hold onto him, tight leash and all.
I also want the playing group to be on board, you know the guys who have done all the right things.

Playing this year was always going to be a stretch and now with how we are performing with 7 top players still to return, even more so.
Get back into training, big long pre season and bring on next year.

Last thing I want to see is him playing for another AFL team.

Man some crazy radio responses.
One of the best was saying they would really love to see him play again but WCE couldn't possible keep him on with their drug history.
It would be unethical for West Coast but would really like to see him play somewhere.
???????
Bloody idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From other thread but relevant here i guess:

Yeah he will stay on the list, play rnd 23. Sounds like they will pump the fact they haven't had a chance to help him and will be able to right the ship once he is back around the club.

WC hierarchy know as soon as they let him go, Richmond pick him up and we get a BS story about how good they are for giving him a chance....

Disappointed there was no groundskeeper option.
Was going to go with “though there is a grounds keeper willie theres no grounds for keeping willie”

But i thought the cheap caitlyn willie gag was more puerile

And this is, after all, me.

Take a leaf out of Geelongs book when Matthew stokes messed up: making him get a job, and, have him submit to weekly drug testing.

If he will do that, retain him. If he won't, cut him loose

Keep! I may have a slightly different view, but I wouldn't suspend him and I'd look to support him.

He obviously had to wait almost 600 days to get a verdict on his original case, which was really poor by the AFL, ASADA etc. Willie in that time would've obviously faced a really really tough time over a really long period, this may have caused him to turn to weed or increased his taking to keep him calm. Let's face it, to go through what he did would've been hard on any of us. So I think we need to support him, we should be pushing to get him back to Perth sooner and allow him back to club to get his life back to normality and out of the dark, cold where he's been. Training can commence in late June, but get him back now for the support side of things to get him ready to start training in June.
I think he should submit to regular drug testing and be given his last chance as his punishment.

I understand Willie took the drugs in the first place, and it was really silly what he did. But he needs support rather than more suspensions, if we sack him now his life will go off the rails. I know two confirmed cases of players at two Melbourne clubs that have taken recreational drugs in my presence and from someone who dated another. So I'd be really annoyed if Willie gets sacked for his discretion but other players can carry on. I'm not suggesting players are fine to keep tacking drugs, but a bit unfair if one gets done out of of who knows how many. I do recall Dale Lewis quoting that 75% of AFL players take drugs, probably embellished but he's probably not that far off.

It's time to get around him and support him!

Back