Port Adelaide. The real deal or pretenders?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we will just fold now.
How 'bout we just bookmark it and in 20yrs and half a dozen Coaches later I'll still be realistic and you'll still be in denial.
The AFL is a business masquerading as a sport, their existance to make money is far more important than Ports to win premierships. Port winning flags just doesnt draw the same revenue as the membership explosion a Vic club can muster, there is no incentive to see us succeed as they did WB.
The ONLY way they'll change their thinking is if loyal fans turn off the existing stream and that wont happen and they know it.

About the only chance a non Vic club outside of Sydney has of winning a flag is if either you jag a Collingwobbles who are perennial GF losers or if 2 non Vic clubs are competing, and how many GF's have 2 non Vic clubs competed in since 06....0
And how many Vic GF lockouts in the same time...6
Why, because non Vic GF's are bad for business.
Of the 9 remaining 7 have been won by Vic clubs against a non Vic, 1 to a former Vic club that draws on its bloods heritage and WC got Collingwobbles.

It is heavily stacked against us and thats before the first bounce and the umpires get involved.

Not sure if trolling but sadly I believe this to be true.
Since 2006 only 2 sides have managed it, Sydney and West Coast, by a combined margin of 15pts and both could have gone the other way.
All it would take is for either Port or Brisbane to run into one of the Vic clubs, especially a Carlton or St Kilda fairytale, and get a Sydney '16 umpiring display and it wouldnt matter how well we were prepared and before anyone calls that bullshit, look at our game against the Cats recently, got nothing from the umps in the last and 1 ump paying 15 of 31 against.
You cant overcome that if thats what they want.

This is why I dont buy into the Hinkley hate, it might be defeatist but the reality is we wouldn't have had a chance against Geelong in '20 or Melbourne in '21and probably not against Sydney in '14 either.
Ken has achieved about as much as they'll let us.

Fire away.
Port haven't had access to cola, academies or priority picks while having to deal with being the Crows little brother.
Also in 2011 and 2012 when Port were at their worst, the drafts were compromised by GC and GWS.
This robbed Port of top end talent when they desperately needed it.
How 'bout we just bookmark it and in 20yrs and half a dozen Coaches later I'll still be realistic and you'll still be in denial.
The AFL is a business masquerading as a sport, their existance to make money is far more important than Ports to win premierships. Port winning flags just doesnt draw the same revenue as the membership explosion a Vic club can muster, there is no incentive to see us succeed as they did WB.
The ONLY way they'll change their thinking is if loyal fans turn off the existing stream and that wont happen and they know it.
Port and the Crows chose to join the competition knowing it was an expanding VFL.
Both have themselves to blame.

Port haven't had access to cola, academies or priority picks while having to deal with being the Crows little brother.
Also in 2011 and 2012 when Port were at their worst, the drafts were compromised by GC and GWS.
This robbed Port of top end talent when they desperately needed it.

Port and the Crows chose to join the competition knowing it was an expanding VFL.
Both have themselves to blame.
Dont get me wrong, im at peace with it. Nothing I can do by myself to change it so might as well accept it for what it is, which is why I dont buy into the Hinkley hate.
The entire league is anti non Vic, which apparently you agree with from your last paragraph, so im not sure why people try to deny the Vicbias when its what we should expect from an expanded Vic league.

Collingwood or Brisbane, they're going to be absolutely slaughtered regardless.
Port flogged Brisbane when they played in round one this year.
I'm sure they'll fancy their chances especially coming in as the underdogs.

Going to be a seriously good final. Looking forward to this one the most. Collingwood v Melbourne will be a bit defensive, whereas port have so many exciting attacking players. I think the key to a Power flag is Ken letting players off the leash with a licence to attack and score at all costs. JHF, Butters, SPP, Rozee etc. Those guys will be key.

Port have always been a much better side on the road than the Crows.

True, yet I cannot trust Port (under Ken) to get the deal done at home in finals.

Both SA clubs have their own issues that is holding them back from winning a flag (Adelaide need a younger more dynamic midfield)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, yet I cannot trust Port (under Ken) to get the deal done at home in finals.

Both SA clubs have their own issues that is holding them back from winning a flag (Adelaide need a younger more dynamic midfield)
Adelaide would be an unstoppable juggernaut if you swapped their midfield with Port's.

Port remind me of West Coast in the 2000s in that they have a dynamic midfield with makeshift back lines and forward lines.
Worsfold was like Hinkley too in that he was a very good coach but a clear rung below the great coaches.

serious questions must be asked of Ken Hinkley and whether or not he was the right man to appoint for another two more years.
They have been asking serious questions of Ken for years.

They then moved onto asking serious questions about Kochie.

Those in charge at Port just do not care.

Can’t believe there were port fans happy with extending kern for another 2 years!
Be odds on for straight sets exit now
GWS look a class above

Most of them to be fair seem to be happy clappers from Facebook..

The general PAFC community on Big Footy was dismayed by the decision to re-sign Ken

The good news for Port fans is the AFL is reportedly strongly head hunting Kochie to join the AFL Commission, so Ken may lose his strongest ally at PAFC in the next couple of months

Please, no one has beaten Brisbane in Brisbane since last season, they finished 2nd, they can footy at home, we we're never winning it.
They'll do the same to Melbourne or Carlton next fortnight too.

We'll come home and take care of GWS as we did easily a month ago and get a look at Collingwood on the G in 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back