Port Adelaide. The real deal or pretenders?

Remove this Banner Ad

They're legit, what they're doing right now is special.

Much like us last year, many are expecting a choke at some point...but it just feels different this year.

Younger guys are fearless and have taken the reigns from Boak, Wines, Jonas etc in years gone by....Port are going to take some beating, especially if they get a home PF.

Butters, Rosie & JHF midfield era is looking ultra competitive versus Wines & Boak era that had questionable mental hardness issues.

I'm keen to see Dursma back in the side as all reports indicate that he has recovered from his knee injury and performed well in the seconds looking sharp and hungry.

Our ruck stocks is exposed again but probably a good thing as we got games in hand to get another ruckman up to speed for the finals.

I think Port are definitely contenders.

The lose to Collingwood at the start of the season doesn't mean anything come September.

If they keep winning and get a home final first up then I can't see why they couldn't make the grand final.

Port are kissed on the d!ck! i know you have to make you own luck but geez, since that showdown loss they cant do no wrong. 8 weeks until finals..we now just wait for them to stumble.. but do they? i think they are a lock for the GF. Only the mental side of things can stop port now.
They will play Brisbane week one of the finals and destroy them.
You post the same thing every week. You don’t seem to be coping very well. Try adopting a cat to reduce stress or something.

I think Port are definitely contenders.

The lose to Collingwood at the start of the season doesn't mean anything come September.

If they keep winning and get a home final first up then I can't see why they couldn't make the grand final.
amazes me how they are doing what they are doing with that list and coach. something must have changed after that showdown loss

You post the same thing every week. You don’t seem to be coping very well. Try adopting a cat to reduce stress or something.
Means nothing if you don't win the Flag... your supporter base and club will cop it if you dont win the GF. i like many are just waiting

Means nothing if you don't win the Flag... your supporter base and club will cop it if you dont win the GF. i like many are just waiting
Don’t disagree. Same can be said for Collingwood and Brisbane.

Crows, with their lack of an injury list, and their best players getting on in age, I’d imagine top 4 would be a minimum.

Crows, with their lack of an injury list, and their best players getting on in age, I’d imagine top 4 would be a minimum.
top 4? nah, I'd say 7th or 8th as a minimum. we aren't quality.. yet. Dream would be 4th and port top or port 2nd so it keeps a prelim match a possibility. highly unlikely though. Crows were meant to be bottom 6 this. we won 8 games last year and now look like we can possibly win 12 or 13. Port were always in the window this year but no way after round 3 anyone would have picked 12 games in a row and a top 2 lock.

everyone is an injury or 2 away from a derailment. nothing is guaranteed.. 8 games to go.

top 4? nah, I'd say 7th or 8th as a minimum. we aren't quality.. yet. Dream would be 4th and port top or port 2nd so it keeps a prelim match a possibility. highly unlikely though. Crows were meant to be bottom 6 this. we won 8 games last year and now look like we can possibly win 12 or 13. Port were always in the window this year but no way after round 3 anyone would have picked 12 games in a row and a top 2 lock.

I wouldn’t say they’re defying logic by any stretch, but if you offered me Adelaide’s or Port Adelaide’s list at the start of the season, I’d be taking the Crows.

Even now, I’d still have to think about it.

I wouldn’t say they’re defying logic by any stretch, but if you offered me Adelaide’s or Port Adelaide’s list at the start of the season, I’d be taking the Crows.

Even now, I’d still have to think about it.
I think our forward line is far superior, but Port's midfield smokes ours and is set up for the future. Ultimately, they are likely to get top 2 and we're struggling to make the eight. I'm hopeful we can be a very dangerous side in September, but Port are definitely premiership contenders. There is no doubt now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your own club are having somewhat of a renaissance season with exciting youthful talent and a cool game plan, yet you're sitting here waiting for Port to choke. Hahahahaha man, the term rent free gets thrown around a bit these days, but this is the embodiment of that term right here.

7 changes is bound to cause ripples in any side. Don't think you can read that much into this game and the fact they won 13 on the trot suggests that they're the real deal. How many other teams have had that winning streak in recent years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back