2nds Port Adelaide vs Sturt - Grand Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggies play Sunday 24th of September at 2:40pm (TV Coverage starts 2pm on Channel 7).

2017 SANFL Grand Final Ticket Prices

Free Entry
Essential Power (scan your card at the gate)
Children under 18 years

Pre-purchase prices (online and outlets)
General Admission: $25
Concession: $20

Gate prices
General Admission: $27
Concession: $25

21433046_10155231701358882_2873700480006555081_n.jpg
DJ6I6baUMAEEJTP.jpg

Academy play in the Prelim Saturday 16th of September vs West Adelaide at 11:30am at Richmond Oval.
170911-reserves-hero.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Howard, Marshall, Neade, Bonner
OUT: Krakouer (Hamstring), Ladhams, Irra, Hewett (All omitted)

Maggies Side:
F: Ah Chee - Eddy - R.Young
HF: Neade - Marshall - Johnson
C: T.Gray - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Bonner - Howard - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Austin - Rudloff
R: Lobbe - Snelling - Sharrad
INT: Palmer - Drew - White
EMERG: Irra - Hewett

Academy Changes:
IN: Davidson, Deeley-Godfrey, Beecken
OUT: Hampton, Proude, Anyang

Academy Side:
F: Miller - Reynolds - Wanganeen
HF: Harris - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Cooper - Bell
HB: Mahney - Davidson - Drummond
B: Ginever - Corcoran - Coxon
R: Ross - Biemans - Hawkins
INT FROM: Morgan - Deeley-Godfrey - Beecken

Maggies in the grand final!

The Power are no longer playing AFL finals so Trengove, Aaron Young and Broadbent can't play SANFL.

Also no depth AFL listed players can play Academy.

White (calf) will have a late fitness test.

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 1 point.

Last edited:
Cool game, made me proud again after last night's train-wreck. They played well across the board. 3 gamer AFL kids, SANFL-list stalwarts, AFL-list rookies playing like a hard, mean team. Unlike the 2014 SANFL finals the end of contract AFL-listers played with pride.
I wish I'd recorded that, I could easily watch it again.
I didn't go because I didn't have it in me after last night, and I had it in my head that we were going to be 2/3 Academy players. But there were very few changes from last week and if anything it was a better team. Barring injury (and we have a week off now) I wouldn't be unhappy to see us go in unchanged. I mean who in that team didn't shine at some point today?

Same as Powerstuff, I didn't go because I didn't have it in me. Stayed up till 3.00 last night watching re-runs of "That 70s Show" to try and get the loss out of my head. The fact Ah Chee never gets regular game time continues to amaze me. He will be 24 in December and has a strong presence, a high mark and is an accurate kick, something missing from our team.

RossFC who is our preferred opponent?
If the Eagles play like they have the last month it would be great to play them again.

They were top class the first 3 quarters of the season and have turned to crap losing 4 of their last 5.

Sturt are just really solid and that would be a lot tougher game.

If we do win the flag, my absolute favourite thing about it will be how hard that 'maximum 17 AFL players for finals' rule backfired on the SANFL. So we get to, I mean, so we're forced to bring back Summerton, Young, T. Gray, Sharrad and Rudloff over some teenage rookies? Oh no, woe is us, our precious teenage rookies.

Maggies Side:

F: Ah Chee - Eddy - R.Young
HF: Neade - Marshall - Krakouer
C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Bonner - Howard - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Austin - Rudloff

R: Lobbe - Snelling - Sharrad

INT: Johnson Palmer T. Gray

EM: Hewett Irra Ladhams

Really hoping our boys win the GF (naturally). That taste of success could do wonders for our younger players.

Was amused with Michael Godden's comments at 3/4 time with the Eagles 35 points down. He said they had done well since the first 14 minutes as Port had only kicked 1 more goal than them. Trying desperately to ignore the fact that from a scoreline of 4.1 to zero Port had kicked 4.10 to 3.6 and could have buried them. Also that in the third quarter Port had kicked 1.5 while they had only kicked 4 points and that Port had snuffed out their second quarter comeback. Hardly something to give confidence in the hope they may come back.

Especially when 3 of their goals came from 2 Wundke frees and a mark. The frees only came because he is just too large for Austin to legally spoil and the mark came from a turnover.

Godden was lucky the sanfl tried to skewer us with its absurdly timed player eligibility interpretation and injuries to White and Krakouer during the game or they would have been even more embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see a tough, bruising war of attrition next Sunday, resulting in the victor barely limping into the premiership decider. 18 years between flags is far too long for our proud club, and it's high time the drought ended!!!!!

Somehow I reckon we'll be playing Sturt, the best team over the past two years.
Eagles seem to get exposed on the wider expanses of Adelaide Oval.
Either way, One Club needs this one.
MIGHTY MAGGIES FARKEN!!!

If we do win the flag, my absolute favourite thing about it will be how hard that 'maximum 17 AFL players for finals' rule backfired on the SANFL. So we get to, I mean, so we're forced to bring back Summerton, Young, T. Gray, Sharrad and Rudloff over some teenage rookies? Oh no, woe is us, our precious teenage rookies.
Inb4 special GF integrity rule introduced, and we end up forced to play a one legged Monfries out of the goal square.

Would love to see a tough, bruising war of attrition next Sunday, resulting in the victor barely limping into the premiership decider. 18 years between flags is far too long for our proud club, and it's high time the drought ended!!!!!
Err.. 2004?

I love how the club put out an email saying "SAVE MONEY.. BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE"

Yep $25 instead of $27 at the gate... dont mention the $5.65 booking fee taking the price up to $30.65 compared to the $27 at the gate
way to save money!

Also $20 to park your car at the oval.
iam12whattheferkisthis.jpg

Cant ******* wait for this! Disappointed to drop the GF vs Norwood a couple of years ago. Taking this one would be sweet!

Somehow I reckon we'll be playing Sturt, the best team over the past two years.
Eagles seem to get exposed on the wider expanses of Adelaide Oval.
Either way, One Club needs this one.
MIGHTY MAGGIES FARKEN!!!

Unfortunately the Eagles won't get within 8 goals of Sturt either way we need to beat them , sick of losing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back