Port Adelaide - Will you support them in the finals?

Will you support Port Adelaide in this years finals?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • You must be Joking, I'd rather eat freshly crapped horse manure

Votes: 45 69.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

iceman21

Senior List
Jan 29, 2003
South Australia
Other Teams
crows
I know I will NOT be cheering on Choke-os boys come finals time, just wondered what everyone thought and also how you think they will go, as much as I HATE to say it I recon they are a real chance this year and the loss tonight was probably a bit of a wake up for them.

I voted yes, but it's a qualified yes.

Love to see them make a GF, but I just have to baulk at them winning the flag, because of all the sh*t that we'd have to put up with from their supporters.

You know, the same sort of sh*t that they'd have to put up with from us :p

Originally posted by DaveW
They'd probably provide Brisbane with the best opposition on grand final day.

Regardless, I still went for the third option.

But Dave, be fair.

Don't you want to see Choco crying at the end of the GF plus Port getting the 2nd worst draft choices each round??? ;) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to ask why this question is being asked (apart from the obvious - Port bagging). I for one did not support the Crows in 97 and 98 and would not expect any of you guys to support us. That's what rivalry is about.

I have to wonder why any Crow supporter would seriously support the Power during the finals.

Its a club based competition, not a state based one.

I wouldnt expect any Crow supporter to support us, nor would I expect any Power supporter to support the Crows.

You dont see Collingwood or Essendon supporters lining up for tickets to cheer the other team on during the finals.

ps. QT, Port have won over 12 games this year. When are you gonna leave BigFooty? :rolleyes:

I have to ask why this question is being asked (apart from the obvious - Port bagging). I for one did not support the Crows in 97 and 98 and would not expect any of you guys to support us. That's what rivalry is about.

Nah, it should be a state thing. When Port 1st entered the comp I (and I reckon a lot of Adelaide supporters) thought, "okay, another side from SA, when Crows aren't playing, support Power." Then the sh** started coming in bucketloads. "It's tribal warfare, duh." "We barrack for anyone but Crows, duh."
The crunch came for me when I wandered down to Footy Park to watch a Power practice match years ago. There was a mighty cheer around the ground when nothing was happening on it. I turned to the nearest Port feral and asked what was going on. He was wearing radio headphones and replied that Essendon had just beaten the Crows in a practice match in Melbourne, duh."
That and the fact that the Power put on big screen afternoons in their club and invited their supporters to barrack against the Crows in our two grand finals have meant that I now support whoever is playin the Power.
It's been great to watch you choking in the finals. It was great to see you choke against the Bombers last night. I look forward to your choke once again in September.
The window of opportunity for your aging list will close this year.

Originally posted by beartoo
It was great to see you choke against the Bombers last night.

How was that a choke? Why is it that everytime we lose a game, any game, its classified as a major choke. Do you think we are that good that you dont expect us to lose any games at all? :rolleyes:

Just keep following those sheep!

And by the way...that big cheer didnt happen in a bloody practice match. It happened Round 22 1997. We were playing St Kilda. You were playing Essendon, were 5-6 goals up and lost by a couple of points. At least get your facts right.

Originally posted by MrMeaner

Hey another Pap who has a reasonable outlook on life. :)

that makes 3.

Originally posted by macca23
I voted yes, but it's a qualified yes.

Love to see them make a GF, but I just have to baulk at them winning the flag, because of all the sh*t that we'd have to put up with from their supporters.

You know, the same sort of sh*t that they'd have to put up with from us :p

macca !! you gotta be joking :D :D

If they don't win the wooden spoon then i would like them to finish 9th

if they make the finals then nothing would please me more than that they just keep on keeping on with their finals record that they have produced so far.

No I won't be supporting them. I don't believe in the notion that they are a South Australian team so I SHOULD support them. Crap. I don't want too and they wouldn't want me - go Melbourne!

k
xx

Originally posted by Macca19
How was that a choke? Why is it that everytime we lose a game, any game, its classified as a major choke.
And by the way...that big cheer didnt happen in a bloody practice match. It happened Round 22 1997. We were playing St Kilda. You were playing Essendon, were 5-6 goals up and lost by a couple of points. At least get your facts right.

It was a practice match. I was there. I imagine there is always a cheer when your lot hears that the Crows have been beaten.

Keep choking as you so often do when you play big games in Melbourne.

Originally posted by beartoo
It was a practice match. I was there. I imagine there is always a cheer when your lot hears that the Crows have been beaten.

Ive been to every Port practice match in Adelaide and i cant remember any huge cheer from seeing the Crows lose a practice game.

In fact noone really cares anymore. In the early days that happened but i cant remember that happening since 1999-2000.

In my opinion the Port-Adelaide rivalry has died down a lot over the past few years.

I don't have that much of a problem with Port except,

- They have feral supporters, they really know how to bring a good team down. Any respect earnt on the field is lost by these guys.

- Mark Williams is a cocky bastard when he has no right to be

- They think that they have the right to be black and white because they have been around longer than collingwood, get with it idiots, Port have only been in the league since 1997. For some reason their tiny un-educated brains cant seem to get around that one.

- They demand respect yet dont give anyone else any.

After all that, notice how it all changes in september. They are very unsure of themselves and their supporters turn on them when they dont perform. Great supporters hey?

Back