Autopsy Port defeated by the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with those who said today's loss felt more like 50 points than 22.
My take is the margin flattered us, and from qtr time onwards we were never a realistic chance to get the chocolates.

I also agree the coaches are as much to blame as the players, they don't pick themselves to play in positions that completely f*** up any semblance of team balance.

Howard in the ruck was a big a c*ck up as a completely unfit Jarrad Redden a few years back, it exposed an already undersized defence that had two severely out of form players in Clurey and Houston, which in turn put way too much pressure on Hartlett and Jonas.

It's not rocket science, because if it was I can envisage Kern and Mickey V standing in line at centrelink. :rolleyes:

It will happen next week.

The issue isn’t the fact that we don’t have a ruckman. Its the fact that we’re robbing our structure in order to cover the hole of a ruckman. We robbed our defence of Howard early and then our forward line took a hit without Charlie, and that got worse when Marshall went down.

get used to it - go look at Ken's presser, there aint a ruck coming in, he went out of his way to say it.

Because we never gave him a consistent position.
35 straight games in the back lines, 40 games in the forward lines.

Look at his game today
1st Quarter - 100% forward half disposals
2nd Quarter - 60% defensive half disposals
3rd Quarter - 75% forward half disposals
4th Quarter - 71% forward half disposals.

That doesn't sound even slightly like he's been kept in a consistent position. He played half back, midfield, forward today.

Stuff it
If neither Hayes nor Frampton have the necessary tank play both of them and let them share the ruck work.
Frampton can play up forward and take the ruck work forward, especially if Marshall is out injured.
Far out I know and will put pressure on interchanges.
Failing that, please do something different Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just love Chrizzt's summary of the game as it mirrored my thoughts exactly. Our selection people need a kick up the arse. A ruckman would have allowed Douges to play where he has played best instead of McKenzie who I thought was at best SANFL standard. Having said that I think we should only play a proper ruck against sides with a strong/tall/proficient ruckman. I also lay some blame on SPP as he was would have assisted with our contested ball.

Very Fckn disappointing and not good enough

35 straight games in the back lines, 40 games in the forward lines.

Look at his game today
1st Quarter - 100% forward half disposals
2nd Quarter - 60% defensive half disposals
3rd Quarter - 75% forward half disposals
4th Quarter - 71% forward half disposals.

That doesn't sound even slightly like he's been kept in a consistent position. He played half back, midfield, forward today.

Did you actually watch his game today? Easily probably top 4/5 of Hawks best . Do you just look at stats?

I think the fact that he's got a role to play where as he didnt with us says it all.. who plays in one position?

Stop defending Hinkley its embarrassing. We haven't improved at all.

I switched off early (Iv seen this exact game a few times before)

What sin did Houston do that suddenly made him public enemy number one?

Did you actually watch his game today? Easily probably top 4/5 of Hawks best . Do you just look at stats?

Stop defending Hinkley its embarrassing. We haven't improved at all.
I would have had Bruest, Roughead, Smith, Gunston, Omeara, Mitchell ahead of him at the very least, so no he wasn't in the top four or five.

I switched off early (Iv seen this exact game a few times before)

What sin did Houston do that suddenly made him public enemy number one?
Probably the errant handball that let the bombers stroll into an open goal, He's been s**t trucking for a couple of weeks now tbh a spell in the SANFL won't hurt him.

Let's all be honest. We love Houston but he hasn't played a good game this year.

Rockliff is giving us nothing on any line.

We badly need a ruckman to fix our structures.

No one led or made space all game. It was blatantly clear from the bounce.

As strange as this sounds, I was kind of hoping we wouldn't go on a massive winning streak to start the season ala Crows 2017, North 2016, Freo 2015 because those have never ended too well.
On paper the loss isn’t bad. Dons are not a bad team and are excellent at Etihad. Having said that it is the way we lost that bothers me.

This loss is on you Hinkley you stubborn asshat

These aren’t your friends, they are paid professionals and they are failing to deliver.

Every man and his dog can see that a lack of a ruckman has hurt us in every game, and it was only a matter of time until it Cost us a game.

Worsfold knew a week out you weren’t going to pick a ruckman, and he exposed us for it. Bellchambers killed us in the ruck, and we missed Howard down back where our normally safe backline was torn to shreds especially by a tall forward line that either marked the ball or brought it to ground for their smalls. Our rebounders were sucked into contests or no mans land all day long as they knew every time the ball went into our backline it was going to be kept in play.

Our ******* selections baffled me then and they look ******* stupid as all **** now.

McKenzie on stringer? What a colossal **** up that was.

Amon, a fast outside runner because dons killed us with speed last year I would expect from a ******* nobody whose knowledge of football is embarrassing. Dons speed was because they got the ball outside contests to outside players who are quick. A quick outside player not only does not counter that, but is useless if we don’t beat them in clearances and contests. We should have replaced spp with a player who would not let dons get the ball out to outside players easily.

Skills for ****s sake. I’ve been going on about it for years. Our skills are among the worst in the league. Even skilled players come here and skills get worse. We value running more than skills in a skill based game.

A team of Ablett skilled guys as fat as a house would have a chance to beat anyone, a team of Steve monegettis wouldn’t beat the worst amateur league team in the country.

Skills skills skills you ******* turds. Nothing else matters. If boak cant execute a simple skill a 13 year old can do no amount of gut running will undo that mistake.

Correct training drills faster and faster to warp speed translate ( when slowed down to finals speed ) to smoothe skills...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back