Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy s**t, I just listened to this.... What the *

giphy.gif

It’s not just that though it’s the boys club media that talks up all their mates mates.

The best thing that could ever happen to the afl would be the media as it is gets burnt to the ground. We have the worst and most limited coverage of a national sport I’ve ever seen.

It is common. I know three countries as big as Australia: in the US, they have the "East Coast bias;" in Brazil, national media focuses in São Paulo and Rio; and in Argentina, media is "Buenos Aires-centric." It is really hard for teams outside those centers to get media exposure.

This sounds like a year 12 music student has gotten onto Sibelius at school to do his arrangement assignment, and the AFL has taken it and put their own lyrics over the top.

This is not a joke. Literally all of the sounds like its come from Sibelius.

Sibelius doesn’t half mind a bit of the old loud vulgar horn blaring from time to time - see symphonies 2, 5 & 7 as evidence. Owes that to Wagner I guess, thankfully minus the nasty skin condition and fiddling wth other people’s wives and daughters issues.

Because he had enough issues of his own. A “midi” to that old drunk would have been just one more boozical instrument like it is to you and I. Had a bit of a drinking issue, even after the cancer, but still made it to a ripe old vintage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sibelius doesn’t half mind a bit of the old loud vulgar horn blaring from time to time - see symphonies 2, 5 & 7 as evidence. Owes that to Wagner I guess, thankfully minus the nasty skin condition and fiddling wth other people’s wives and daughters issues.

Because he had enough issues of his own. A “midi” to that old drunk would have been just one more boozical instrument like it is to you and I. Had a bit of a drinking issue, even after the cancer, but still made it to a ripe old vintage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have precisely zero idea of what any of this means.

I have precisely zero idea of what any of this means.

Finnish musician lives to ripe old age in spite of himself. Writes some blaring music along the way. Not a noted AFL fan. Not sure why he got brought up in a discussion about some footy music that isn't even music.

Better? ;)

EDIT: and Wagner was an innovative a-hole who got away with some unbelievable ****

EDIT2: and I'm the only old twit on BF who didn't know that Sibelius was a music program of some sort lol

https://www.titusoreily.com/podcast/afl-announce-plan-tasmania

The AFL has released a detailed plan to reinvigorate football in Tasmania, called ‘Stop People Complaining about Tasmania’.
It has three principal aims:
  1. Give the appearance to be doing something about Tasmania
  2. Have the media stop talking about Tasmania
  3. Hold an AFLX Tournament in Hong Kong
  • Print the Stop People Complaining about Tasmania strategy on really glossy paper and get what’s their name in graphic design to do us a nice logo
  • Maybe get a PowerPoint done too with a few waterfall charts and a three-stage approach slide or something
  • Have Gillon McLachlan drive very quickly through Hobart and fly over and wave at Launceston
  • Rebuild the game in Tasmania by providing significant funding for Australian Rules on the Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney
  • Grow the game in the critical Tasmanian regions of India and China
  • Re-record all the good club theme songs with the soul removed from them
  • Continue to not so secretly hope North Melbourne are forced to relocate there

It is common. I know three countries as big as Australia: in the US, they have the "East Coast bias;" in Brazil, national media focuses in São Paulo and Rio; and in Argentina, media is "Buenos Aires-centric." It is really hard for teams outside those centers to get media exposure.

I helped set up a business at Export Park ( which is near Adelaide airport ) about 20 years ago for a company which had its head office in Arizona.

Three things that stood out to me were their treatment, which bordered on arrogance, for anyone who wasn't American, and their almost total lack of knowledge of world affairs, and that was from college educated senior management, two of whom were lawyers.

The other was their complete indifference to Australia's labour laws, which was one of the reasons they went out of business in less than 3 years.

We really need a better song. Brisbane hit gold in using the Marseilles -an inspired call to arms that along with the utterances of Danton made the whole of France mad with courage. The Internationale is perhaps the one song that compares. Are there any poets amongst us that can set some lyrics to that tune?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I helped set up a business at Export Park ( which is near Adelaide airport ) about 20 years ago for a company which had its head office in Arizona.

Three things that stood out to me were their treatment, which bordered on arrogance, for anyone who wasn't American, and their almost total lack of knowledge of world affairs, and that was from college educated senior management, two of whom were lawyers.

The other was their complete indifference to Australia's labour laws, which was one of the reasons they went out of business in less than 3 years.

That sounds plain stupidity, to be honest.

More likely possible correlation?

One of the reason my grandfather threw two of them off a bridge in the 2nd World War. Cost him a promotion to Lieutenant.

We really need a better song. Brisbane hit gold in using the Marseilles -an inspired call to arms that along with the utterances of Danton made the whole of France mad with courage. The Internationale is perhaps the one song that compares. Are there any poets amongst us that can set some lyrics to that tune?
Yep, I've gotta say our tune is absolutely MEH.

This one sounds nice and upbeat. We can launch our new song to this theme when we announce Great Wall as our new joint major sponsor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back