Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 167555

How does something like this smash 15k likes? I get Adelaide fans liking it, I guess, but **** putting up with this if you're a Pies fan. Team has fallen from what was basically a sure thing finals spot and then the social media team posts shit like this like they're some rebuilding underdog like St Kilda doing another finals club a favour.

If you didn't post that, I wouldn't even know it existed :p

So how did you feel about our tweet to West Coast saying exactly the same thing when they were in the top four spot that we should have rightfully inhabited this year? It's just a bit of friendly banter to show that even though Collingwood weren't good enough to make the eight this year, they are good enough to shape it and there is hope for the future for their fans.

If you didn't post that, I wouldn't even know it existed :p

So how did you feel about our tweet to West Coast saying exactly the same thing when they were in the top four spot that we should have rightfully inhabited this year? It's just a bit of friendly banter to show that even though Collingwood weren't good enough to make the eight this year, they are good enough to shape it and there is hope for the future for their fans.
Did we? Jesus. That's so shit.

Exactly. The AFL would be worried that GC went backwards this year as their concessions ended. Plan was clearly finals this year, top 4 and a flag shot the next 2 to keep all the players wanting to stay. Now they'll be 50/50 for finals next year.

GWS are looking better this year, but their cap is already reduced from $1 million over to $880k this year and down to 48 players. Next year 46 players and $760k extra. 2019 is their first year the same as everyone else so they'd want to hit a flag by 2018 or they are going to quickly have everyone bailing out, without the means to bribe others in, that other clubs can't match. And at least the Gold Coast (area) has a decent ex-pat Southerners population to have support and a decent lifestyle for young men. If Western Sydney dropped off the face of Australia it'd do wonders for the country (apologies to any Port supporters stuck in the 'Australian Heartland').

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27-These-are-the-navy-blues.jpg

This year is a good example of how the afl fixture is completely ****edup.

Very little interest in any games bar a couple. There has to be some incentive for teams that cannot make the finals to actually want to win these games.

Geelong's loss to Collingwood must have convinced people of the importance of being able to handball properly. Any head-high handball to a player who is not at least 15m free can be run down, and this was Geelong's downfall. They would have a run-on and then one of a chain of handballs would just loop a little and Collingwood had the player. That they were also inaccurate with their field kicking, weak with their tackles and did not have the run of the umpire came into it too. I don't know why there is not a missed tackles stat. This would be much more of an indicator than tackles. I have seen games where one team seems not to be able to lay a tackle while the other is successful all the time, and then the former wins the tackle count. Another case of incorrect criteria I would say.

As to the two nothing games that are on at the moment, well what with BL leading the Hawks by 3 goals and then the Hawks scoring 5 to nil, who would like to bet it will be similar to their AO game, a good first quarter, nothing in the second quarter, status quo in the third quarter and then Brisbane have their pants pulled down in the last.

GWS just pulling ahead of Carlton now. Carlton and GWS splitting the hit-outs but GWS are directing more of them to their own players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back