Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who do you think will be the greatest loss to their potential Premiership chances, Coleman for the Lions, or Docherty for the Blues?
Coleman easily. Docherty is a heart and soul player but to be honest his skills have been crap for years, getting him out of the side without feeling like they've betrayed a club legend probably helps Carlton if anything.

I’m with everyone else, without Coleman, I’d be very surprised if the Lions even make the GF now. He’s crucial to their transition out of defence & I’m not sure they have the cattle to replace him.

Docherty is a good leader & very reliable at half back, but you feel the Blues have got the cattle to cover his loss.

They could've actually had an "East Coast Opening Round" and used the remaining ten teams for 5 Melbourne based games on Sunday and Monday and we wouldn't be in this pickle

It’s not a public holiday everywhere.

Plus, the AFL’s biggest stakeholder is Seven and Fox. They care about revenue. So if a Melbourne game was on, they would push for a Melbourne prime time slot as it drives the interest in the biggest football market. This sells ads and makes them money.

The reason the opening round was a “success” was as no Melbourne games took the light.

At least this year, the opening games were a little more interesting than the non-traditional Carlton v Richmond.

Oh man, it must suck being a Kiwi supporter and Cricketer :)

Kinda reminds me of us with the current Hinkley era :(
Speaking of cricket, I note that the Poms were just a tad unlucky, narrowly losing to India 4-1.

But they were morally victors apparently! Just like versus Australia last year.

Visitors for this year’s Gather Round face paying five figures for four nights at top end Airbnb accommodation for the festival of football – and are some charging a $1000-plus premium for the weekend.

At the start of the month 23 properties were listed at more than $10,000 for guests arriving Thursday, April 4 and checking out Monday, April 8, while another 17 had asking prices in the high four figures.
Industry figures show hotel occupancy booking rates over Gather Round are currently between 69 per cent for Thursday night and 82 per cent on Friday and Saturday nights.
What a rip,off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team will have the same opportunities. It's not like these 8 teams play an extra game.
Same number of games per a team, but technically, mathematically, there are different chances of being selected.

Not that it really matters. Rising Star is a bit a nonsense award.

AFL will argue the grounds in the non AFL states were full and we all watched it.

Pretty much the desired outcome.
I watched about a half of the Thursday night game. It was s**t. Didn't watch any other football related thing the whole weekend outside of Magpiespowaz Dave Granger montage. My interest is at an all time low

They could've actually had an "East Coast Opening Round" and used the remaining ten teams for 5 Melbourne based games on Sunday and Monday and we wouldn't be in this pickle

Really the AFL should look at Thursday to Monday or Tursday night games for the first 7 or so rounds with all the marquee events like round 0 and gather round before introducing byes. And then get to a more traditional format in the middle and end of the year where results get more interesting.

Basically includes Anzac day, Easter and could go right up to the kings birthday weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back