Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole 'jUsT anOThEr gAMe' thing we run with is a classic example of Hinkley being a dumbass.

You can think it's just another game all you like but if the opposition don't see it that way then they are going to up their intensity level to the point where it isn't just another game and you better be prepared for it (we never are).
Agreed, the `just another game ' BS is one of the major reasons why Hinkley's showdown record is absolutely atrocious!

It would be impossible to imagine Fos or Jack Cahill ever being dumb enough to come up with that crap before any game against any oppo, or Bob McLean's reaction to it if they did.

It's easy to gain metres when you just hack it forward with shank kicks that mostly end up in a turnover

its my opinion that the only bad kick is the guy who kicks sideways and lets teams set up before the next player has to kick long to what is now a flood.

unless your sideways kick is a kick that switches sides and forces the flood to have to move, or is a sideways kick to a player who is an excellent creative kick out runner prepared to take people on like butters, you're putting yourself in a worse position.

ill take a Dangerfield / wines 40-50m long kick to a contest versus a sideways crab kick to a player who then does the 40-50m kick to a flood.

of course the guy who can pinpoint a kick, run take on play and then kick etc are worth a lot more tho. its what makes rose butters jhf and Houston such a great combo for us.

Nick's gets them bouncing off the walls before they play us though & they come out like dime store superheroes, Kenny has us amble out like a dinosaur rock act at Boomerfest.

It really is absurd that the Crows have a superior H2H record in Showdowns (11-10) during Hinkley’s reign.

Moreso given he started 3-0.

Like, how?!

On another note, imagine if Port had kicked straight last week. Massive missed percentage opportunity.

It's such a shallow analysis by the SA media. They rely on putting 15 behind the ball and slingshotting forward. But if they can't get numerical superiority or an advantageous match up, they can't get into good scoring positions. And they're gassed from running from full back to full forward. It's not about tidying up their goal kicking or F50 entries, they have to reboot their whole game plan.

Doesn't help when their next big thing runs into an open goal and hits the post from 5m.

It really is absurd that the Crows have a superior H2H record in Showdowns (11-10) during Hinkley’s reign.

Moreso given he started 3-0.

Like, how?!
Because spuds like Lachie Gollant kick 4 against us, and then do nothing for the rest of their careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such a shallow analysis by the SA media. They rely on putting 15 behind the ball and slingshotting forward. But if they can't get numerical superiority or an advantageous match up, they can't get into good scoring positions. And they're gassed from running from full back to full forward. It's not about tidying up their goal kicking or F50 entries, they have to reboot their whole game plan.

Doesn't help when their next big thing runs into an open goal and hits the post from 5m.
The next big thing is going to follow Flogarty until the day he retires

He just isn’t very good, or should I say a good player but nothing special

He’s in season 6?/7? this is as good as he’s gonna get I think

The next big thing is going to follow Flogarty until the day he retires

He just isn’t very good, or should I say a good player but nothing special

He’s in season 6?/7? this is as good as he’s gonna get I think

At the Crows.

Crows need mids could find himself traded.

Can see the Crows trading their 1st round for a decent mid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back