Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha Tasmania Footy Club had an issue with the available twitter account.

official site is @FC_Tasmania set up February this year

They also have @TasmanianFC set up this month

But when I searched for @tasmaniafc first, I found an account set up in March 2013, based in Spain, with a Disney Tassie Devil as its profile picture and when I translate the profile it says;
"The 7 sexiest girls in all of Johnny are willing to win the internal league. Tasmanian blood running through our veins... the sea is cool"

Anyway I was interested to see what the membership count is. Yesterday it got to 170k, 80% are from people in Tassie, Victoria is the 2nd biggest location of members, people in 46 countries have registered and 300k stickers have to be printed off.

Anyway I was interested to see what the membership count is. Yesterday it got to 170k, 80% are from people in Tassie,

The 80% of people from Tasmania line only applied to the first 40,000 registered within 24 hours of the launch. Not the 170K members they have now.

The graphic design done by the social media team makes you think this on first glance but when you read it again its only within 24 hours. During the 24 hours they had 40,000 members sign up.

"On launch night 80% of founding memberships sold were located in Tasmania"

Having said this they will easily have 60K paid members in the 2028 season if things go to plan. All the best to them.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 2.03.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Port Adelaide chairman David Koch says he was “absolutely stunned” by secret drug testing revelations which have rocked the AFL.

Federal MP Andrew Wilkie aired the explosive allegations in parliament on Tuesday, with the AFL confirming clandestine testing had taken place.
Speaking on FiveAA, Koch said he was “as shocked as anyone” by what had been revealed.
“I’m reticent to comment because I only know what we’ve all read in the paper and the allegations,” Koch said.
“Obviously the AFL will be investigating it closely. To have a deliberate route to avoid testing seems beyond belief to me.
“If you’re a serious participant signing up to the WADA procedures you would think every ‘I’ would be dotted and every ‘T’ crossed to do the right thing. So I’m as shocked as anyone.”

Meanwhile, sports doctor Peter Larkins said the system had been designed to help players avoid detection.
“This was a system deliberately put in place to assist players to get off the system if they were caught up in societal drug use,” Larkins told Nova 100.
“And so the club doctor and the AFL’s medical director were the only two people aware of this system when a player tested positive and a player could self report, so this is how this story is unfolding.”
Larkins said under the previously-secret system, players could self-report to their club doctor and confidentially be treated.

“As your doctor, I’m trying to help you get off the drugs, so then I could also see if you’re tested. But where it really got messy was then the club doctor was allowed to prevent the player from playing. They’d be managed or they’d pull a hamstring at training,” he said. “Every club doctor had that arrangement with the AFL — all 18 clubs.”

A furious Mick Malthouse says “damning” allegations of clandestine drug testing on AFL players could have greater consequences than the ill-fated Essendon supplements saga.

So you have doctors telling lies to club officials as to why a player isn't available for a game. Those 'doctors' are a disgrace to the medical profession. Just say they're unavailable for medical reasons, that's all you need to do.

You can imagine the sensitivity and compassion shown by Adelaide supporters in the comments.

The 80% of people from Tasmania line only applied to the first 40,000 registered within 24 hours of the launch. Not the 170K members they have now.

The graphic design done by the social media team makes you think this on first glance but when you read it again its only within 24 hours. During the 24 hours they had 40,000 members sign up.

"On launch night 80% of founding memberships sold were located in Tasmania"

Having said this they will easily have 60K paid members in the 2028 season if things go to plan. All the best to them.

View attachment 1940962
Thanks for the clarification.

All this confirms my gut feel of talking to ex Taswegians footy fans in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide over the last 30 odd years, that many of them wont make the Tassie team their number 1 team, but will make them their number 2 team. Plus lots have said they will go and watch them play live in the flesh, not just watch them on TV.

Given where Taswegians emigrate to, and that Victoria is the 2nd highest location of founding members, it confirms in my mind that as many as 10,000 Taswegians will regularly go watch Tasmania FC play in Victoria and you will have Victorian teams want to play them at home games in Melbourne ahead of GWS and GC and probably all non Vic teams other than the Swans.

So you have doctors telling lies to club officials as to why a player isn't available for a game. Those 'doctors' are a disgrace to the medical profession. Just say they're unavailable for medical reasons, that's all you need to do.
People have been insinuating the 'mental health' reasons for skipping games were a lie. Maybe there was truth to that as well. This casts aspersions over everyone going through anything like that.

Crows fans celebrating Doedee doing his ACL because he talked crap about iced coffee or some little chocolate balls are pathetic.
Did we expect anything different though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol not adding up is it. The AFL go "yeah this whole thing is not a secret its by design!"

Then current admin and recent coaches are all like "what the *"

The AFL is dealing with players behind the clubs backs or what? Seems the only organisation who knows about it is the league itself.

Did we expect anything different though?

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Melbourne star Clayton Oliver was sent for a scan after suffering a dislocated finger at training on Wednesday, but the Demons still expect him to face Port Adelaide on Saturday.

Just trying to get my head around yet another AFL drug saga :rolleyes:

Players take a pee test before they take wee test.

If the players pee test is positive the player calls a sickie so they don’t have to take a wee test :drunk:

Last edited:
Lol not adding up is it. The AFL go "yeah this whole thing is not a secret its by design!"

Then current admin and recent coaches are all like "what the *"

The AFL is dealing with players behind the clubs backs or what? Seems the only organisation who knows about it is the league itself.
Club Directors would be steaming. They are exposed to CTE lawsuits - you know what can accentuate CTE and can cause brain atrophy? Some illicit drugs.

Weird how footy was a better spectacle when they were semi-pro pissheads.. wind it back
Now they are just semi pro pissheads who act like they arent semi pro pissheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back