Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha crows goal stuff up last year and Draper's reinactment dive and flop after the game on the outer side, has got the AFL media damage control department out in a rush this morning.

How come they dont rush to explain other things??

I don't think it was initially high. He did tried the old Selwood and lowered his knees/fell into the tackler. Essendon player got him around the shoulder and Ted threw his head back. If you want to do a proper Selwood, you have to lift your arm up to make sure the tacklers arm goes above the shoulder and around your neck.

View attachment 1964724
View attachment 1964726

I don't think it was a high free kick. Ted clearly draws the contact/exaggerates it/makes it look high. But it's not htb either. Umps got it right

Good to laugh at teams like Fremantle and Adelaide when the umpires * them because our turn will certainly come.

Can’t wait to play Carlton in a final…

As soon as the ball went flying back into under draper they weren't going to call it holding the ball because there was no obvious movement to drag it in, the umpires seen it ping back in under him and then the crowd players jump straight on him. All the slowmo replays in the world won't change the fact that 9.9/10 times they won't call that without the first action and I'm ok with that.

Pretty sure the franchise supporters won't like the last sentence...

View attachment 1964734

That's like those VAR rulings where the hair on the attacker's knee is ahead of the defender and it's called offside.

When you get down to that level of minutiae the game's not worth umpiring.

Let's review every free kick then and see how they should have been paid.

Anyway as John Wood used to say, winners can laugh, losers can please themselves.

Good to laugh at teams like Fremantle and Adelaide when the umpires * them because our turn will certainly come.

Can’t wait to play Carlton in a final…

Our turn will come? You mean 'again'.

A reminder Chayce Jones was selected between Rozee and Butters in the '18 draft. McHenry just 4 selections after Butters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think their style of game stacks up pretty well against ours.
The key to beating Adelaide is keeping Tex on the leash. I recently posted a statistic on the last 42 occasions where Walker kicked less than 3 goals in a match - it was a damning 6 wins and 36 losses. Heaven help the Crows after he retires.

Just off the crows for a sec has anyone had a close look at the Anzac caps the club is selling?
They must be popular as they’re sold out online at $50 each.

It's in the Port Store thread. They looked alright and some of the money goes to Port's Veteran's Fund.

Wow fiveaa is quite the listen this morning. They are losing it!
Rachelle is really getting too.

If he has to stand under a ball with Lachie Jones bearing down on him, he might just have a heart attack. A little one because, y'know ... ;)

Haha crows goal stuff up last year and Draper's reinactment dive and flop after the game on the outer side, has got the AFL media damage control department out in a rush this morning.

How come they dont rush to explain other things??
Only things that go against the Crows are newsworthy. In the "right in front of me" final in 2009, you never hear about the free kick Adelaide received in the second quarter for a very similar incident.

Just off the crows for a sec has anyone had a close look at the Anzac caps the club is selling?
They must be popular as they’re sold out online at $50 each.
$10 from each cap sale is going to Port's ADF Veterans Support program (Port is the only AFL club to run such a program btw). That & the camo design (designed by an ADF member) made it a winner I think

1713578863986.png

(Edit: Mods this probably best fits in the specific Port thread)

Last edited:
Rachele is contracted to 2029

He really is the wish version of a Daicos.

I have no problem with the non call at the end. Technically an incorrect call but I actually think it was pretty sensible umpiring letting the players scrap it out and see who wanted the ball more.

Back in the day you could put one hand up and appeal for a free kick if a player was laying on the ball not trying to get rid of it, bring that back please instead of 30 blokes piling on to keep the ball locked up.

Not to mention during the game the crows got a pretty decent ride out of their players getting caught red hot HTB with the result being a ball up.

I was going to say the exact same thing. I would kill for the umpiring home ground advantage tithe franchise get! We are always screwed either away or home.
2 short weeks ago, the Camries won the free kick count 21-9, in a game they lost. I don't think they have any reason to whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back