Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Fresh off hosting the rivalry’s first one, the Crows are set to push the AFL for their home match against Port Adelaide to become an annual, standalone Thursday or Friday night fixture.
A crowd of 52,106 were at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night – the largest Showdown attendance since April 2017 and largest crowd for a Crows home match since that year’s preliminary final against Geelong.
Crows chairman John Olsen told the Australian SA’s rivalry deserved primetime billing.
“We will certainly be submitting that we should be having a nationally televised standalone Showdown every year,” Olsen said.
“It showcases one of the great rivalries in the AFL and there is no doubt in my mind that we are entitled and should have that type of event shown nationally across Australia, showcasing the best of South Australian football on the national stage.
“We are entitled to be on the national stage, like the eastern state clubs.
“It was something the club fought hard for last year.
“We were able to attract 52,000 fans, the atmosphere was outstanding and the stadium electric, I’ll be interested to see the broadcast figures.”

The NRL won the tv ratings, but they only got 8k to Rabbitohs v Panthers.

Fresh off hosting the rivalry’s first one, the Crows are set to push the AFL for their home match against Port Adelaide to become an annual, standalone Thursday or Friday night fixture.
A crowd of 52,106 were at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night – the largest Showdown attendance since April 2017 and largest crowd for a Crows home match since that year’s preliminary final against Geelong.
Crows chairman John Olsen told the Australian SA’s rivalry deserved primetime billing.
“We will certainly be submitting that we should be having a nationally televised standalone Showdown every year,” Olsen said.
“It showcases one of the great rivalries in the AFL and there is no doubt in my mind that we are entitled and should have that type of event shown nationally across Australia, showcasing the best of South Australian football on the national stage.
We are entitled to be on the national stage, like the eastern state clubs.
“It was something the club fought hard for last year.
“We were able to attract 52,000 fans, the atmosphere was outstanding and the stadium electric, I’ll be interested to see the broadcast figures.”
At least they're admitting it now. Didn't read the rest.

Wow this pre game has sure been a mishmash. First it was violence against women and now something about cancer with robbie williams and everyone shining mobile lights.

Any chance of some football 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back