Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Difficult seeing Fyfe and Pearce holding back tears during the pre-game tribute to Cam McCarthy.
And unsurprisingly the Dockers got smashed.

It's worth mentioning when people bring up the unexpected loss to the Hawks in the Russell Ebert tribute game in frustration. Death is a horrible motivator. I had to play a game once where we found out that morning that one of our teammates' mother had died overnight, we got trounced by a team that had never beaten us before or since. Of all the terrible Hinkleyball games over the years, that is the one I'm willing to give a pass for.

It's worth mentioning when people bring up the unexpected loss to the Hawks in the Russell Ebert tribute game in frustration. Death is a horrible motivator. I had to play a game once where we found out that morning that one of our teammates' mother had died overnight, we got trounced by a team that had never beaten us before or since. Of all the terrible Hinkleyball games over the years, that is the one I'm willing to give a pass for.

I dont think that game is a good example of anything except Port's wasteful game plan.
Won every stat except for on the scoreboard - motivation wasn't a factor.

Russell died months before that game, not days. The game should have been a celebration of his life and career and they looked like they couldn't give a f**k. For me that's the most unforgiveable of the Hinkleyball disasters

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sort of money could go on almost anything else and have such a massive impact. A ****ing scoreboard. How is that different to spending 4.1m on say, rolex watches.

**** I hate government spending and budget structures. So ****ing broken for everyone.

That sort of money could go on almost anything else and have such a massive impact. A ******* scoreboard. How is that different to spending 4.1m on say, rolex watches.

* I hate government spending and budget structures. So ******* broken for everyone.
Out of interest, who technically owns Kardinia park? The council?

Out of interest, who technically owns Kardinia park? The council?
The Kardinia Park Stadium Trust. Like the MCG Trust a Vic government body / qango.

The MCC have management rights to the MCG, not sure who has management rights to Kardinia Park now. Its probably revealed at following website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back