Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Campo's idea of a shootout. 5 kicks each from 40m out. Then goes to sudden death. Would be awesome!
Lol imagine Dixon, Marshall and Finlayson doing that.

Just live with a draw ffs, the need for some people to constantly challenge the existence of everything is tiresome.
Completely agree. It's such an uncommon outcome. How often do these dickhead players say "it's a hollow feeling"? Would you rather have lost? It is what it is. Outside of finals, it is a completely acceptable outcome.

Completely agree. It's such an uncommon outcome. How often do these dickhead players say "it's a hollow feeling"? Would you rather have lost? It is what it is. Outside of finals, it is a completely acceptable outcome.

Most of the time a draw effectively ends up being a win or a loss anyway depending on whether your percentage is higher or lower than the teams with the same number of wins as you.

I will concede this year could be different as there have already been multiple draws and shared among teams who are fighting for similar ladder positions.

A draw is just part of footy.
If you weren't good enough to win in 120 minutes, too bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A draw is 100% a legitimate sporting result

How would you draw haters feel if extra time got the camrys the win that got them into the finals and our mental giants then had to face them in an elimination final?

A draw is not a legitimate result in most sports.

Also, the draw might be as good as a win to get them into finals if they have the same number of wins as the 9th placed team but a lower percentage.

I'm not particularly fussed either way but it's a worthwhile discussion to have.

I remember enjoying the draw with Richmond in 2012 with Hocking in the interim seat I dunno why really.

Jimmy's Dad: "That Aaron Young is gonna be a player I tells ya" - Woo

I remember enjoying the draw with Richmond in 2012 with Hocking in the interim seat I dunno why really.

Jimmy's Dad: "That Aaron Young is gonna be a player I tells ya" - Woo
Aaron Young did in fact be a player of football, he may still be a player of football even. Your dad was right.

The draw is great. Always such an overreaction to something that happens maybe 2/200 games for the year.

If a winner can’t be decided in 2 hours of footy then the points deserve to be split.

Gimmicks like a goal shootout just appease people whose attention span lasts about 5 minutes and need instant satisfaction.

All draws do is rob you of a good finish. Golden point yesterday would've been fantastic.
A draw is one of the three possible results in football games. Just because it doesn't happen too often in Aussie rules football it doesn't need a "better" finish during the H&A season.

A draw is a very common result in the two most popular sports in the world. Try telling a soccer fan it's not a legitimate result

Soccer is a very different game in the sense that there isn't a good way to quickly resolve a drawn game. There are also lots of draws because of the low scoring nature of the game which means draws are a genuine part of the ladder rather than basically a win or loss depending on your percentage which they end up being most of the time in AFL.

Basketball to me is most comparable to footy. Four quarters, high scoring. You can get a result in pretty much whatever time frame you choose. I think yesterday would've been way more entertaining with some form of extra time but clearly that's a minority view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back