Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

You can hardly compare playing Geelong without Cameron, Hawkins, Dekoning and Duncan in Darwin to beating them with those players at Kardinia Park.

I get there are people who want to crap on anything positive Port (or Hinkley) does, but carn, that was an exceptional result last week.

They look absolutely cooked here without their stars. 17 frees to 3 at half time is a fair leg up too.

I agree with you point.

Geelong’s arrogance to rest so many starting 23 players is incredibly disrespectful to the Suns.

If I was Hardwick, I would be hanging off it in the pre-game rev-up.

(And how many “managed” players before its tanking?)

When the ghost of Sam Day kicks 3 goals you know your f**ked.

This is rather enjoyable

Shrek GIF

I tried to articulate that Geelong were overrated based on who they’d played and beaten and them generally being borderline top 8 at best on paper last week but no one wanted a bar of it, it was all Geelong are elite and we will lose by 119 again and now this is happening suddenly Geelong are crap and our win last week was nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I tried to articulate that Geelong were overrated based on who they’d played and beaten and them generally being borderline top 8 at best on paper last week but no one wanted a bar of it, it was all Geelong are elite and we will lose by 119 again and now this is happening suddenly Geelong are crap and our win last week was nothing special.

Geelong didn’t play anyone decent until round 7, and that was Carlton.

Being so far up the ladder was a little over ripe.

I’m a little bit conflicted. Collingwood and Carlton (the AFL’s dream GF match up), could both be out of the 8 this week if….

Freo beat the Saints… and
Adelaide beat Collingwood….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jedbert is a sustainable hunter. So resourceful to make a coat made out of 45 cats. Screenshot_20240516_210520_Chrome.jpg

Getting 49 points up on Geelong in Geelong in less than a half, absolutely phenomenal

Winning against Geelong in Geelong, fantastic

Losing 2.5 qtrs of footy by 43 points, poor by any measure and being glossed over. It was a near replica of the Collingwood 70 point turnaround. The hysteria about our win whilst glossing over that last really bad element is not what a good ruthless club does, it is what the mediocrity enablers do. The Crows spent the week drinking their own bathwater after the showdown and we gave them crap. From the outside it feels like we've done the same.

I’m a little bit conflicted. Collingwood and Carlton (the AFL’s dream GF match up), could both be out of the 8 this week if….

Freo beat the Saints… and
Adelaide beat Collingwood….
Crows have a soft run ahead so you'd hope Collingwood do their job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back