Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo are weird. On paper they’ve got a stunning young list.

A midfield of serong Brayshaw and young ? Yes pls. That’s wet dream material.

But somehow they just never seem to go anywhere, like they’re running in quicksand.

Their coach is an absolute dud, but gee I would put money on the next coach they select also somehow being a dud. And the next. They’re cursed or something.
Freo have always had some of the best players going around.
Problem is they fall off the cliff once you get past that first half dozen players.
Your spot on about the coaching,never really had a top shelf coach.

Before the Eagles v Dees match ,this evening.
The state game Wafl vs Sanfl was on.Sa belted Wa by 63 points.

Imagine being a freo fan they've dicked around going nowhere during this whole West Coast rebuild & before you know it the Weegles will be ready to reclaim the town again.
West coast will always be the biggest show in Perth.
They have had so much success there average supporter truly believes it’s only a matter of time till they return to the top.

Swans clearly best in comp and should finish top - you can then throw a blanket over 2nd to 12th in terms of how the ladder plays out from there - dogs and Lions at 11th and 12th have the 2nd and 3rd best percentages and I would give them both a chance to move up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great goal, and more importantly Harley knows how far 15m is, given the discussion on here over the last few pages.

Everyone of his bounces was either about 15m or just before he hit the 15m. What people don't get is that when you bounce running flat out flat out, you are bouncing the ball to bounce forward of you, so you can run onto it, so the ball is in the air for about 2m before you get it back.

That's why he has run approx 15 + 2 + 15 + 2 + 15 + 2 + 6 = 57m before he got boot to ball and shoots from about 45m out. Look at the markings, make sure you know their distances, and the grass is cut one way then the other way across the ground means 10m light green areas and then 10m dark green areas.

He gets the ball 2m behind the 10m centre circle. Goal line to goal line at Perth Stadium is supposed to be 165m long. So he got the ball 87.5 + 5 + 2 = 94.5m from goal, so say 95m.

95m - 57m = 38m. But he didn't run in a straight line so that's why he wasn't 38m out when he had his shot.

Last edited:
Swans clearly best in comp and should finish top - you can then throw a blanket over 2nd to 12th in terms of how the ladder plays out from there - dogs and Lions at 11th and 12th have the 2nd and 3rd best percentages and I would give them both a chance to move up
Percentages can be a bit deceptive depending on who you have played.
Last night’s Brisbane game a perfect example.
Sydney are definitely the stand out side but I still have a worry about there MCG form.
If you can lose to Richmond2024 there it must give the Melbourne teams some hope of toppling them.

West Coast wont need priority picks.

They have had enough good players to be better than they have been the previous 2 years, but they had too many older guys who were injured too often. They get them back and have 10-12 blokes who have played 100+ games on the ground and they can help the younger players. As good as he is, Reid needs some help from guys like Yeo and Kelly. Its reflected in their percentage.

2022 2 wins 59.8% after Rd 10 51.4%
2023 3 wins 53.0% after Rd 10 55.3%
2024 3 wins 77.1% ...... Hawthorn are at 78.1% and 3 wins.

Reid is great but West Coast don't have much else in the futures stakes. Most of their picks in recent years look quite mediocre. They'll need to draft well to replace a lot of the older guys who have come back and helped them improve this year.

I can’t get over Jake Waterman’s form. His stats are consistently reading like peak Tredrea.
17 touches, 13 marks, 5 goals.

What a season he’s having.

I can’t get over Jake Waterman’s form. His stats are consistently reading like peak Tredrea.
17 touches, 13 marks, 5 goals.

What a season he’s having.
Doesn’t look much but has a vice like grip overhead.
He’s your old style forward, marks and kicks goals.
He does the basics very well, strangely hard to find many forwards in today’s game that can do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back