Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get why they would be rushing out of west lakes into thebby

Just wait it out, wait until the roadworks are finished

EDIT

If someone can tell me why there is this push to leave west lakes and go to another construction site genuinely give me the reasons

This seems to be the consensus over on the Tingles board atm - that or getting more of 'their people' on to the Adelaide City Council and having another shot at the parklands :rolleyes:

Yeah, what's up with that ?

My Paywall Bypass Extension stopped working a few days back

Any other ideas folks ?

They updated the website and now they don't even allow people to browse the website without completely accepting their cookies used for tracking and advertisements. Just stop using them completely.

EDIT

If someone can tell me why there is this push to leave west lakes and go to another construction site genuinely give me the reasons

West Lakes is genuinely a shithole

They updated the website and now they don't even allow people to browse the website without completely accepting their cookies used for tracking and advertisements. Just stop using them completely.
i've got a crazy solution

I get it, but sometimes it's good to read Adelaide stuff that is relevant and can't be found elsewhere

Not just foosball shite

EDIT

The Crows have a rent-free lease at West Lakes until (I think) 2048. But as a training ground for an AFL club it is simply not up to scratch. It is an open field with no lights and limited facilities for support staff, supporters etc. The crows admin facilities and office are still perfectly serviceable however.

Both the failed Parklands and Brompton options would have taken years to complete so even if they had got up it would have taken years to complete and the crows admitted they would have to have found an interim training solution while it was completed (most likely an upgraded Thebarton Oval which SANFL has already been funded for and is undertaking).

If they do reach an agreement with the West Torrens Council and SANFL on having Thebarton Oval as their home, their existing club facilities at West Lakes will stay operational while their new offices and club rooms (and surrounding road and access infrastructure upgrades) are planed, developed and constructed. This will take years not months.

In the meantime their training facilities can be moved to Thebarton Oval relatively quickly. A far better option than what they now have at West Lakes. They can even build a new 'shed' for their supporters to feel as if they are part of a real footy club.

But it was not the 'gold standard' solution the crows and their media ambassadors think they are entitled to.

Last edited:
I have his match worn from that heritage game, probably the exact one in that photo. What an absolute legend that man is.

Mine's not a match worn, but I've got one of those guernseys framed. I like the SANFL centenary badge, but we lost the heritage round game we played in it, and of course it's from that year of which we shall not speak, so I'd like to replace it on my wall with something from after our current coach has departed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D
The Crows have a rent-free lease at West Lakes until (I think) 2048. But as a training ground for an AFL club it is simply not up to scratch. It is an open field with no lights and limited facilities for support staff, supporters etc. The crows admin facilities and office are still perfectly serviceable however.

Both the failed Parklands and Brompton options would have taken years to complete so even if they had got up it would have taken years to complete and the crows admitted they would have to have found an interim training solution while it was completed (most likely an upgraded Thebarton Oval which SANFL has already been funded for and is undertaking).

If they do reach an agreement with the West Torrens Council and SANFL on having Thebarton Oval as their home, their existing club facilities at West Lakes will stay operational while their new offices and club rooms (and surrounding road and access infrastructure upgrades) are planed, developed and constructed. This will take years not months.

In the meantime their training facilities can be moved to Thebarton Oval relatively quickly. A far better option than what they now have at West Lakes. They can even build a new 'shed' for their supporters to feel as if they are part of a real footy club.

But it was not the 'gold standard' solution the crows and their media ambassadors think they are entitled to.
Dont they have lights? I haven't been down that way in years but Im shocked the tore down the light poles

I just cant see why you would want to be a sub lease of the SANFL again

SANFL is only going 1 way, and it stronger

Surely just waiting out to 2030 when the south road upgrade is complete and it allows the use of both grounds at thebby would yeild a better result

Hell in the meantime one of the many other decent locations might have a backflip due to inactivity (old le cornu on anzcac highway comes to mind)

This seems to be the consensus over on the Tingles board atm - that or getting more of 'their people' on to the Adelaide City Council and having another shot at the parklands :rolleyes:
Honestly what have they got to lose by doing that?

There next base should be the location of the club for 50-100 years

Waiting out 5-15 years to get another stab at another site (parklands, le cornu ect ect) is surely a decent play when youre currently on free rent

They say that the reason for moving out of West Lakes is because they need a CBD or city fringe base to be able to better engage with their fans. Moving to Thebarton doesn't really meet that need. They were so confident that they were going to be given land in the parklands that now they need to move from West Lakes purely as some sort of face saving move. There is really no need for them to move out of their reasonable new rent free base at West Lakes.
They won't engage better with their fans, regardless of where they're located. The velvet-rope mentality is ingrained in them, and Thebarton won't change that.

The Camry Crows have plenty of history at Thebarton going back to 1990. Their formation resulted in the insolvent West Torrens Football Club merging with Woodville and moving to Oval Avenue leaving Thebarton Oval vacant for the Camry Crows to now move into.
I still reckon they should take up residence in the Supreme Court - after all, it's where they were born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back